Buying 2 PS3 games

Saix7

Superior Member
May 5, 2007
I am going to buy 2 PS3 games when I get back from my holiday what 2 games should I buy?

I haven't played my PS3 since October Last year so I've been missing out on a few games as well.

If there are any other games not on the list please list more games for suggestions.

Games buying after January:

Devil May Cry 4

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
I'll get in before everyone else and say COD 4 and Uncharted. Two fantastic games which are simply a must have in your PS3 Collection :)

mun_316

Apprentice
Dec 16, 2006
A few good ones on that list. But if I could only pick 2 I would go with ratchet and clank and Half Life 2.

Aug 3, 2007
I would say half life 2 and ratchet and clank. 5 games in one that are all fantastic.How could you miss out on that? They may say that this game package has problems with framerates, but I own the game and i can tell you that the game has very little framerate problems and is very realistic. Ratchet and Clak future is a very fun game.
I really loved it in my first play through.When I played through it again,I still loved it.
You can play through the game again to get all the things you missed. These are must buys and has to be in your collection.

Aaron

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2005
Uncharted and try LAIR buy renting it first because you might have a different taste, but if you don't like it get CoD4

Apr 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Aaron, post: 0]Uncharted and try LAIR buy renting it first because you might have a different taste, but if you don't like it get CoD4[/quote]

COD4 is the exactly the same as any other COD game except United Offensive, in which you can drive vehicles. The only thing that has changed in COD is the era in which it is set - the character moves and everything else is exactly the same and it's essentially a dead format these days. They could have made it so much better - driving vehicles, climbing, using knives, kicking people in the nuts, they could have even made it with grapple moves sort of like COD cum Smackdown. However people just continue to buy the series regardless.

Jarhead

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2007
I'd pick Uncharted and COD4. Two must have games IMO. Good luck and have fun with what ever games you choose.

ToAks

Dedicated Member
Jul 10, 2007
www.push-entertainment.com
lair, uncharted, ratchet and COD4 are the ones i would recomend for now.

lair i say? , well it did not deserve such bad reviews and i honestly think its one of the better games on ps3...although of the 4 i mentioned are kick ass games.

Mtown

Superior Member
Jan 4, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
If you have a good internet connection I'd go with CoD4. If you don't have a good connection or don't have access all the time, CoD4 doesn't offer that much. The story is GREAT but short, so the online multiplayer is what you'll be coming back for. My college blocks gaming consoles from accessing the internet so my CoD4 disc doesn't get used much when I'm on campus.

If you havn't played Halflife 2 yet, you should definitely get the Orange Box. Even if you've already played HL2, its still worth it for Episode 1 and 2, and on top of that you get Portal (short but so fun and hilarious) and Team Fortress 2.

It isn't listed but I also really enjoyed Motorstorm. I never really liked racing games but Motorstorm is a blast IMO. Some people find it repetitive, but the races themselves are so hectic and crazy that it makes up for the low number of tracks.

Jakibikajasy

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2007
You only let us vote for one choice... >_< But anyway, I would go with Call of Duty 4 and either Ratchet & Clank or Uncharted. Actually, get all three if you can. They're the PS3's trifecta this holiday season. You need to get them all eventually.

Shadowfyre

Super Elite
Jun 26, 2007
I'd say go for Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Half Life 2: The Orange Box.

Both games are very origianal, and Uncharted, without a doubt is my favorite game this generation so far. (Until Metal Gear Solid 4, and Final Fantasy XIII are released of course.)

Kamahl

Forum Elder
Sep 29, 2006
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet and Clank...

Maybe Call of Duty 4 but thats just if you play online.

UMGAWA

GUNS AKIMBO
Nov 6, 2007
I'm pretty confused as to why you need to ask which games you need to buy and play.
but i'd say COD4 and COD4.

AranhaHunter

Superior Member
Feb 12, 2006
[QUOTE="floetry, post: 0]Oblivion GOTY dude. Surprised it's not on your list.[/QUOTE]

Or Unreal Tournament III, but Lair is there :/

Dec 29, 2007
yea i'd say uncharted is a pretty cool game, i dont have CoD4 yet but looks really good.. i might also get rachet and clank so i guess it depends on what your in to

mtroniks

Apprentice
Jan 1, 2008
I say COD4 mad fun and great online. you be on that for hours . then the other game wich you have not put on the poll is RFOM.another top FPS and great for online .but thats just me. i like FPS i dont know if you are the same but there are my choices.

j1994

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
If youre a shooting fan, CoD4. Amazing game. then Uncharted.
If not, Uncharted and Ratchet.