Can I use my Second Wireless Router?

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
I want to change my Internet service provider as I'm looking for more speed. My current modem is wired and I'm using my new super Wireless Router Asus AC RT88U that it has 8 Ethernet ports. If I will get the new Internet service, they will send me a WIFI modem which it has built in router and I most connect the cable to it to get the Internet. So, How can I use my Asus Wireless Router because its very important to me and I want to use it for my gaming thanks.

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6519272]Disable the wireless access from the modem. Plug the router into the modem via ethernet, setup as you normally would. Which modem are they sending?[/QUOTE]
They are sending me the one called "Rocket Modem or WIFI" But its confusing me as I want to use my second wireless router wired to connect all my device on it via Ethernet cable. Is that going to work? Thanks.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="Syphon_Filter, post: 6519325]They are sending me the one called "Rocket Modem or WIFI" But its confusing me as I want to use my second wireless router wired to connect all my device on it via Ethernet cable. Is that going to work? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It will likely work. NAT may not be as ideal though. I'm doing the same thing. I don't use the ISP modem/router and have my own router plugged into the ISP's modem/router.

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6519329]It will likely work. NAT may not be as ideal though. I'm doing the same thing. I don't use the ISP modem/router and have my own router plugged into the ISP's modem/router.[/QUOTE]
Because my second wireless router it has POE "point of entry" that will send internet connectivity through it and I can use the other 8 Ethernet ports. As I was reading that I don't have to connect the Ethernet cable to the POE and just in one of those 8 Ethernet ports.