Can we has fluid width already?

Shaunyac

Master Guru
Dec 24, 2007
Wayles.
I acknowledge the fact that space is reserved for any advertising but I think subs should have the option since they are exempt from ads anyway, I would re-sub when mine runs out from Squirrels generosity if this feature was added :)

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
No. We can't have it. I think that's one of the most requested things since I've been here. It hasn't happened yet. Maybe with the new "redesign" that was rumored to be taking place, we'll get it?

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="ps3isawesome, post: 0]If you use the vb default theme and it is fluid[/quote]
True, but it's ugly as hell, and it's not formatted properly with the icons, rep, header, etc.

Maybe the question should be, then, "can we get a properly formatted fluid width option?".

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Personally, I like the current skin. Having a fluid width option would be nice for those that are interested in such things, though.

I'm more interested in a mobile phone skin. I find myself checking the forums from my 3G device, and, while the inconvenience is not unbearable, the number of images and such that the forum contains makes it hard to navigate the forums efficiently. Does anyone else agree?

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="SchaffinOSX, post: 0]Personally, I like the current skin. Having a fluid width option would be nice for those that are interested in such things, though.

I'm more interested in a mobile phone skin. I find myself checking the forums from my 3G device, and, while the inconvenience is not unbearable, the number of images and such that the forum contains makes it hard to navigate the forums efficiently. Does anyone else agree?[/quote]

Yes! 99% of the time I'm on this forum it's through my iPhone and it can be kinda annoying because sometimes things don't show up or things are too large. Would be nice to have a mobile version of the forums, obviously without losing many core aspects would be key. Although I doubt any of this would be done, there's still lots of things that need to be fixed on the forum first before this is considered.

Tribunal

Forum Sage
Dec 10, 2005
[QUOTE="higgos22, post: 0]um what are you asking for i dont get it?[/quote]

It would just make the PS3forum theme stretch across the entire width of your screen.

I've gotten used to not having it, but I would for sure use it if the option became available.

Shaunyac

Master Guru
Dec 24, 2007
Wayles.
I understand that I can use the default vBulletin fluid width them but like F34R said, it is ugly as hell and doesn't display alot of images correctly.

I use the forums on my mobile sometimes and it would be great to have a theme for that too, although I would still rather the fluid width for people with widescreen monitors which is the majority these days.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]No. We can't have it. I think that's one of the most requested things since I've been here. It hasn't happened yet. Maybe with the new "redesign" that was rumored to be taking place, we'll get it?[/quote]

I swear that was meant to have happened before the new year....
Who honestly believed it would be anyway... this place is always slow with that sorta stuff... it would be nice to have the fluid width.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 0]I swear that was meant to have happened before the new year....
Who honestly believed it would be anyway... this place is always slow with that sorta stuff... it would be nice to have the fluid width.[/quote]

In Seb's support, he's a busy man. I don't know the particular details, and I myself am a bit frustrated that things are moving as slowly as they are. When Seb gets the time though, I can almost assure that things will pick up as they were prior to this. Indeed, Seb did mention it would be within a few months, and indeed the time has passed. All the same sometimes things come up in which makes things take longer. I still am confident that it will occur sooner or later.