Capcom on DMC4

Nov 10, 2005
I hate that "no other announcements have been made" comment that developer are getting into a habbit of using. Seriously just say "DMC4 is PS3 exclusive, there is no 360 version in development". I have a bad feeling that this game will go to the 360 eventually.

Jugix

Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2005
[QUOTE="The Game, post: 0]That doesn't say it won't. Its exclusive now because they have not made any announcements other wise. ;)[/quote]

That is pretty much the case with every game on planet. Even Halo3, Gears of War are exclusive to X360 but no further announcements are made if those will come to PS3 also. ;)

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Jugix, post: 0]That is pretty much the case with every game on planet. Even Halo3, Gears of War are exclusive to X360 but no further announcements are made if those will come to PS3 also. ;)[/QUOTE]

But thats stupid, because those games are made by M$ (or heavily funded by them) so of course they are not going to the PS or any other platform, besides maybe PC, but M$ controls that market with evilness.

Grym

Master Poster
Dec 31, 2005
They are leaving the door open though with the last part. They have too, because they may want to port it later for the $$$.

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
I'm not saying that the game is coming to the 360. But any 360 game is possible on the PS3, and vice versa.

Will it take a graphics or performance hit? Possibly.

But it is not possible to get some form of the game from one console to the next? Ridiculous.

ANY game can be ported.

Just look at Splinter Cell on the DS.

Yes it got stripped down features, yes the graphics are obviously comprimised, but to say it's not possible to put a PS3 game on the 360, when you can put something like splinter cell on the DS is just plain dumb.

wh0

Super Elite
Dec 23, 2005
[QUOTE="noble, post: 0]I'm not saying that the game is coming to the 360. But any 360 game is possible on the PS3, and vice versa.

Will it take a graphics or performance hit? Possibly.

But it is not possible to get some form of the game from one console to the next? Ridiculous.

ANY game can be ported.

Just look at Splinter Cell on the DS.

Yes it got stripped down features, yes the graphics are obviously comprimised, but to say it's not possible to put a PS3 game on the 360, when you can put something like splinter cell on the DS is just plain dumb.[/QUOTE]

They're not saying its not possible to strip the game down and port it that's just common since. They're saying it's not possible for the game as is which would make "stripping" it down a different game.

Carsonal

Elite Sage
Jun 3, 2006
I'd think capcom would make exclusive titles for both the 360 and the PS3.
DMC on PS3 and Lost planet on 360 and so on...

TwoHeadedFreak

Superior Member
Nov 29, 2005
[QUOTE="GoreTex, post: 0]I think Capcom is going to release DMC4 on the Xbox360 because Sony isn't serious about securing exclusives anymore.
They don't care anymore.[/quote]
And I think M$ will make an exclusive for the PS3 because they really want

gmsisko1

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2006

Don_Tezy

Superior Member
Sep 1, 2006
who knows .. but i kinda agree with what you said Carsonal .... just make exclusives for each system ... the games will sell themselves ... either way Capcom will not be taking a hit, since MS will do what it can to come first above all ... it just works out for the better for Capcom, because both games are going to sell fine.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="NovemberMike, post: 0]Isn't this from the same company that said they would cut off their heads before they made RE4 for the PS2?[/QUOTE]

So? why do [peopel kee pusing old aruguments, the game did not sell well on the gamecube, it sold much better on the PS2

I think Capcom is going to release DMC4 on the Xbox360 because Sony isn't serious about securing exclusives anymore.
They don't care anymore.
Please just stop it , its been dubunked, now its over

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]So? why do [peopel kee pusing old aruguments, the game did not sell well on the gamecube, it sold much better on the PS2

Please just stop it , its been dubunked, now its over[/quote]

So in that vein if DMC4 doesn't do well on PS3, (not saying it will or won't mind you), then they would port it to the 360 to make their cash flow up.

People who say that companies said will this will never happen, should look back and see how often said companies go back on their "We promise this will only be on this system! Seriously!" claims ;)

LaOMaN

Elite Guru
Mar 15, 2006
[QUOTE="noble, post: 0]So in that vein if DMC4 doesn't do well on PS3, (not saying it will or won't mind you), then they would port it to the 360 to make their cash flow up.

People who say that companies said will this will never happen, should look back and see how often said companies go back on their "We promise this will only be on this system! Seriously!" claims ;)[/QUOTE]

just give it up man and let it go. you want to play dmc4 get ps3. i stoped after dmc2

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="LaOMaN, post: 0]just give it up man and let it go. you want to play dmc4 get ps3. i stoped after dmc2[/quote]

Oh I've got a PS3, and if that's where I have to play it, I'll play it there.

I'm just saying in this industry, when loyalties are constantly shifting, don't ever believe a developer when they say that something will never happen.

Let me tell you if 10 years ago, hell even five years ago, someone said that you could play Sonic on a Nintendo I'd have thought they were out of their damned minds.

NOTHING is absolute in this world.

No matter who says it's 'impossible'

Now is DMC4 coming to 360? I have no damned idea.

Could it?

Of course it could.

That's all I'm saying.

K

Ker

Doesnt matter if it comes out for both systems(even at the same time) I'm getting the ps3 version anyways...

Guys, if you are getting the ps3 version anyways(or the x360 ver) of X game... Why bother thinking about if it is going to be multiplatform or not?. Just enjoy the game and let the devs make their money.

zero1661

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2006
the sony fanboys who dont own anything else anyway dont need to worry they just like to complain but people like me who have a 360 and are getting a ps3 do have to worry about it, you know every one keeps saying march is gonna be a good month for the ps3 but most of those games are multiplatform, the fact is no one wants to pay $600 for a console when they can play the SAME games with the SAME quality on something $200 cheaper, so i would think sony would be trying their hardest to secure more exclusives.

Nov 13, 2005
I don't think this can get more definitive. However, if they are manipulating words, I think it would be far more likely to see it come out on pc in a few years, like dmc3, rather than the 360.

WhatRuOn

Super Bias Moderator
Dec 1, 2005
[QUOTE="noble, post: 0]
I'm just saying in this industry, when loyalties are constantly shifting, don't ever believe a developer when they say that something will never happen.[/quote]

Like the last time this happened with Capcom? :)

When a certain Capcom person said something like, "I'll cut my own hand(or was it head?) off before RE4 goes to another platform."