Capcom on DMC4

[QUOTE="noble, post: 0]I'm not saying that the game is coming to the 360. But any 360 game is possible on the PS3, and vice versa.

Will it take a graphics or performance hit? Possibly.

But it is not possible to get some form of the game from one console to the next? Ridiculous.

ANY game can be ported.

Just look at Splinter Cell on the DS.

Yes it got stripped down features, yes the graphics are obviously comprimised, but to say it's not possible to put a PS3 game on the 360, when you can put something like splinter cell on the DS is just plain dumb.[/QUOTE]
Well I think Japanese developers won't go as low as some Western devs would that and you guys need to understand devs speak. It's set that way so people can't run with it if it goes one way or the other of course some would take it one way but it goes to what Rein said, Make a good game and it will sell drop the costs bull**** they bitch too much sometimes Thus I applaud Team Ninja and soem others they don't bitch.

Jan 22, 2007
its good to see that we can finally move on from this arguement on focus on all of the 360 exclusives now heading to ps3. Anyone who said that it was one sided in xbox's favor most be getting pretty red now. Here's one latest example.

Saints Row heads to PS3!

Added on 31/01/2007.
  • THQ announced today that Saints Row will be making its way to PlayStation 3 in Spring 2007. The title was first released on the Xbox 360 and has been doing well. This has left many PS3 fans hoping for a release on their favorite console.

THQ has now answered their prayers by officially confirming that they’ll be making a version for the PS3.

"Saints Row has established itself as one of the most successful original properties in next generation gaming, and we're excited to bring the groundbreaking experience to PLAYSTATION 3 system fans worldwide," said Kelly Flock, executive vice president of worldwide publishing, THQ.

So far we don’t know if there will be any exclusive content for this version but we’ll be getting in contact with THQ to learn more about it. Expect an interview to appear on PSU soon.

Jan 22, 2007
Quote:
"the sony fanboys who dont own anything else anyway dont need to worry they just like to complain but people like me who have a 360 and are getting a ps3 do have to worry about it, you know every one keeps saying march is gonna be a good month for the ps3 but most of those games are multiplatform, the fact is no one wants to pay $600 for a console when they can play the SAME games with the SAME quality on something $200 cheaper, so i would think sony would be trying their hardest to secure more exclusives."

let's be honest here, 360 is not cheaper then PS3. The HDD, the HD-DVD player, the wireless chargers, the Xbox Live payments... ALL of those things come standrad on a PS3, not to mention PS3 gets the higher quality Blu Ray player. Everyone buying a 360, both of them:) , have to pay for all the additional stuff to get theirs to the same standrad as PS3. If anything over time the xbox 360 is more expensive, consumes more time to buy all this additional stuff and has less power and features in the end. That's exactly why I bought my PS3 and am getting a Wii. Xbox 360 offers nothing, once its advantage steming from it's one year lead in game selection is gone then everyone who bought one will be stuck skraching their heads.

Dec 23, 2005
it seriously does not get anymore straight forward. DMC4 is exclusive to PS3. What more do they need to say? Honestly how many times to devs have to say its exclusive to get it through peoples heads?

I hear so many times "I'll wait for official word" or "they didn't really say EXCLUSIVE, just not announced for the 360". Their actually saying PS3 exclusive, end of story.

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="JDSpike02, post: 0]Quote:
"the sony fanboys who dont own anything else anyway dont need to worry they just like to complain but people like me who have a 360 and are getting a ps3 do have to worry about it, you know every one keeps saying march is gonna be a good month for the ps3 but most of those games are multiplatform, the fact is no one wants to pay $600 for a console when they can play the SAME games with the SAME quality on something $200 cheaper, so i would think sony would be trying their hardest to secure more exclusives."

let's be honest here, 360 is not cheaper then PS3. The HDD, the HD-DVD player, the wireless chargers, the Xbox Live payments... ALL of those things come standrad on a PS3, not to mention PS3 gets the higher quality Blu Ray player. Everyone buying a 360, both of them:) , have to pay for all the additional stuff to get theirs to the same standrad as PS3. If anything over time the xbox 360 is more expensive, consumes more time to buy all this additional stuff and has less power and features in the end. That's exactly why I bought my PS3 and am getting a Wii. Xbox 360 offers nothing, once its advantage steming from it's one year lead in game selection is gone then everyone who bought one will be stuck skraching their heads.[/quote]

Why do people keep bringing up the HD-DVD player as a 'cost' of the 360?

I don't own it, don't plan on it.

I bought the 360 to play games.

Not to play movies.

PS3 has blu-ray player.

That's nice, but it's not why I bought the system. I bought it for the GAMES.

Maybe someday there might be some :lol:

B

BluBoi22

Maybe someday there might be some :lol:
I really doubt you own a PS3. And I don't know how there are still doubts of DMC4 being exclusive. People should at least shut up for a while until there is actually solid evidence that it is coming to 360, besides "MS and Capcom are in bed together, Lost Planet and Dead Rising are hits, MS will buy out Capcom!"

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
Just stop it , its been dubunked more than 2 times, get over it already, get a damn PS3 if you want it that bad

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="BluBoi22, post: 0]I really doubt you own a PS3. And I don't know how there are still doubts of DMC4 being exclusive. People should at least shut up for a while until there is actually solid evidence that it is coming to 360, besides "MS and Capcom are in bed together, Lost Planet and Dead Rising are hits, MS will buy out Capcom!"[/quote]

Wrong.

my name is thunderbuckets on my PS3, send me a message, and I'll send it back to 'prove it to you'. And I also own a Wii.

See I paid my dues($600) for the PS3, so I'm one of the few people that can legitimately bitch about the lack of games on the system.

Resistance. Beat it.
Full Auto 2. Beat it.
Untold Legends. Beat it.
Blast Factor, and GTHD. Beat them.
Now I'm sitting around waiting until March for some new games to come out(that I haven't already beaten on the 360.)

And what makes you think I don't own a PS3?

DOGG

Veteran
Dec 17, 2005
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]Just stop it , its been dubunked more than 2 times, get over it already, get a damn PS3 if you want it that bad[/quote]

Or we could wait a short while for the Xbox 360 announcement. :)

zero1661

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2006
lol no ones going to be scratching their heads, point for point the ps3 has no advantage whatsoever, Im getting a ps3 in march, but its games selection is inferior, im sure this loss of exclusives thing will probably end in 2008 once the ps3 is more widespread but the 360 is not gonna be left in the dust like so many fanboys want to believe its just not going to happen, and the 360 will always have more games because of the year head start. but thankfully sony has some pretty damn good exclusives coming out, and one more thing hdtvs are not as widespread as everyone seems to believe so the FORCED addition of a blu ray player is really nonsense, it appeals to me bacause im an hd nut but for all of you that really think it gives the ps3 an advantage in the console wars your sadly mistaken.

B

BluBoi22

my name is thunderbuckets on my PS3, send me a message, and I'll send it back to 'prove it to you'.
I'll have to try that... once I'm actually allowed to play PS3 again.

To me it didn't seem like you actually had one because you were laughing at the games and stuff. Before you dropped $600 for it, didn't you look at release lists? Were you honestly expecting more if you were watching the upcoming games until you bought it? I got my PS3 in December, and I feel your pain about the lack of games, but I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. I would complain if Motorstorm got delayed past March, but it's not, so I'm pretty happy with my PS3.

If you don't like/play the launch games all that much and you hate waiting for more games to come out, then why did you buy it? That was my thinking when I posted before.

Edit: Woah that's strange, the word "it" is the first word of a line 4 times.

Dec 23, 2005
[QUOTE="DOGG, post: 0]Or we could wait a short while for the Xbox 360 announcement. :)[/quote]

You'll most likely be getting a Xbox 720 before they announce DMC4 for any xbox console....

Vicious

Superior Member
Dec 11, 2006
[QUOTE="DOGG, post: 0]Or we could wait a short while for the Xbox 360 announcement. :)[/quote]

Lol............this guy sure is persistent,i'm sure you're doing ti to piss of Loud Ninja (mostly).

Kyuubi Naruto

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2006
[QUOTE="killer ra, post: 1051016]This is Assassin's Creed all over again.

Bail out[/QUOTE]

Errr, absolutely not.

Assassin's Creed went under the name Project Assassin and back then it was announced for the 360 and PS3.

DMC4 is a long standing series with the Playstation and it's always been exclusive. DMC4 hasn't even been in development for the 360 either even as a codename.

Also with AC they said "It's only for the PS3 at this moment" but they didn't say it's an exclusive and let that be it". Even DMC4's creators have said it's an exclusive many many many times. This time is no different.

It's not Assassin's Creed all over again.