car collection, of the die cast kind

4wdWRX

Oh... man. This is a bust. Using diecast models to model 3D cars. And we were led to believe they had to lease all these cars. Autoart models are awesome, I collect lots of them, but this is kind of embarrassing.

Jun 22, 2007
[QUOTE="4wdWRX, post: 5300647]Oh... man. This is a bust. Using diecast models to model 3D cars. And we were led to believe they had to lease all these cars. Autoart models are awesome, I collect lots of them, but this is kind of embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

I presumed it was a joke. How easy would it have been to smudge it out.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5300704]That's an assumption.....

[email protected][/QUOTE]

For someone who is always asking others to read.....you sure didn't this time.

The guy who discovered this and I quote "I thought that also but other cars that I flipped did not have any writing on them." [EDIT: From the source of the article quoted here.]

I know what your response is going to be if I just leave it at this.

So I present you with this:

"Update: Looks like this is an Easter Egg. Reader ShiryuGN supplies this picture of an actual AutoArt undercarriage; it has no logo, like the one above."

http://kotaku.com/5705606/the-die+cast-underbelly-of-gran-turismo-5

Last edited:

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 5300708]For someone who is always asking others to read.....you sure didn't this time.

The guy who discovered this and I quote "I thought that also but other cars that I flipped did not have any writing on them." [EDIT: From the source of the article quoted here.]

"Update: Looks like this is an Easter Egg. Reader ShiryuGN supplies this picture of an actual AutoArt undercarriage; it has no logo, like the one above."

http://kotaku.com/5705606/the-die+cast-underbelly-of-gran-turismo-5[/QUOTE]

how does any of that mean its an easter egg, i very much doubt they left that their on purpose, they just didnt check over all the cars as well as they thought.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 5300708]For someone who is always asking others to read.....you sure didn't this time.

http://kotaku.com/5705606/the-die+cast-underbelly-of-gran-turismo-5[/QUOTE]
I've read through that entire thread over at GT Planet before this thread was created. You can assume that it's an easter egg all you want, while I'll assume it isn't. ;)

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5300961]Maybe it's a tribute? Is the car from the signature edition also AUTOart?[/QUOTE]
The car in the CE is made by Kyosho...

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5300957]I've read through that entire thread over at GT Planet before this thread was created. You can assume that it's an easter egg all you want, while I'll assume it isn't. ;)[/QUOTE]

Easter egg or not, it was being reported as an easter egg.

From the thread (the guy who took the picture of the nissn skyline?), and this post by Kotaku (after they got an update.)

The underside of a Gran Turismo 5 racer reveals this curiosity: the logo for die-cast collectible maker AutoArt (lower side, center).

AutoArt's made Gran Turismo models before (that actually is the Nismo Skyline GTR, the same car depicted in the screenshot), and GT5 studio Polyphony Digital has plenty of the collectibles on hand.

No one's suggesting they base the entire car on AutoArt die-casts, but it looks like at least a generic undercarriage from one was used here.

Update: Looks like this is an Easter Egg. Reader ShiryuGN supplies this picture of an actual AutoArt undercarriage; it has no logo, like the one above.

[thanks wh33z3r for the tip.]

Send an email to the author of this post at [email protected].
They also thought it wasn't an easter egg, but then someone grabbed a picture of an underside of an AutoArt Die Cast and it didn't match and they came to that conclusion.

I thought you weren't aware of that....apparently you are aware of that.

how does any of that mean its an easter egg, i very much doubt they left that their on purpose, they just didnt check over all the cars as well as they thought.
Or it could just be an easter egg, if the supplied picture of die cast's underside does not match what they did.

Either way, both are assumptions at this point if what I provided does not prove it's an easter egg -- but some of you are quick to assume the worst....

I just find that....a bit weird...

Last edited:

EndZion

Superior Member
Feb 16, 2010
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5301208]Someone needs to flip and roll some cars and have a look see.[/QUOTE]
It manufactured by 'DICKIE-SCHUCO GmbH & Co. KG' for SCEE Limited. They're based in London.
I prefer the GTR to be honest, but I have both anyways. :)