Carrying Your NGP

A

Always_Laughing

Now, we all know that the NGP most likely will not fit in most of our pants, barring trippants and maybe cargos.

With that being said, how will you carry yours around?

Backpack/bookbag?
Fanny pack?
Purse? Carry-all? Man bag? Briefcase?

I thought a cool idea, would be to have a satchel for it.

(I realize not everyone could pull this off lol)

What will you guys use to carry yours around? Maybe even just keep it simple and use your coat/jacket pocket?

Of course not everyone will be taking it with them everywhere they go, so I realize people will wonder why this is even a question, but for those that use the bus/travel/go to friends house/etc. "portability" will be an interesting issue.

So, make your predictions/assumptions here as to how you plan on taking it places with you on a day to day basis.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Yeah it seems pretty big for pockets. I won't carry it with me when I go out without a bag, but for msot days when I go places, mainly uni or whatever, I use a bag like this, that I normally keep my PSP and DS in most days.

ONQ

Master Guru
Jun 30, 2006
it's about the same size as a PSP my little cousins ( around the ages of 10) just walk around with them hanging from the wrist straps no big deal

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
I always carry my backpack everywhere with me, so no problem. Even when I leave it home, I take with me a little satchel, so I'm good to go. :D

A

Always_Laughing

Good stuff guys, good stuff. I remember I carried my psp in my front pocket (original), I sat down and ended up cracking the screen, so annoying haha.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
I'd put it in my bag, or coat pocket depending on the season.

This is of course assuming I buy one.

[QUOTE="Always_Laughing, post: 5485936]Good stuff guys, good stuff. I remember I carried my psp in my front pocket (original), I sat down and ended up cracking the screen, so annoying haha.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did with mine. The pressure of the little metal part on my jean's pockets applied pressure to the screen and caused a fracture. I was not pleased.

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
For every day - Carry it around in the case I have for it.
For trips - Toss in case and toss case in backpack.

Which is the exact same way I do my PSP.

Grinchy

Christmas Thief
Feb 9, 2007
A little cave outside of Whooville
Its size is the only thing that is convincing me not to buy it. Size is the reason I had to ditch the 3000 and get a Go. If the Go never got its chance to fail, I wouldn't even own a PSP anymore.

The Go is something I just stick in my pocket, which makes it my MP3 player that can also play awesome games. The 3000 was like a brick that I needed an even bigger brick case for, which made it very inconvenient for music purposes. It was a device I had no practical use for, and bringing it with me was a burden. The NGP would be the same way, unfortunately, although it would be a MUCH cooler impractical device.

LC77

Dedicated Member
May 7, 2008
I won't be putting it in my man bag, as that is where my testicles are now kept.

So, I shall carry it.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="skinny_jr, post: 5488605]Around my neck!!!!![/QUOTE]

Bling!

[QUOTE="LC77, post: 5488694]I won't be putting it in my man bag, as that is where my testicles are now kept.

So, I shall carry it.[/QUOTE]

now kept? :shock:

For me, probably in my coat pocket or something. I'm sure it won't be that bad.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5485404]Yeah it seems pretty big for pockets. I won't carry it with me when I go out without a bag, but for msot days when I go places, mainly uni or whatever, I use a bag like this, that I normally keep my PSP and DS in most days.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like a murse.
I'll see what they come out with to hold it in then choose.

ONQ

Master Guru
Jun 30, 2006
this week a little kid was at my house 5 years old really small, pulls a PSP out of his pocket & start watching Karate Kid.

& I'm thinking to myself if the PSP can fit into this lil kids pocket while he run around playing all day why is grownups worried about the NGP not fitting in there pockets?

Last edited:

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
It'll go in a nice NGP case that will either be strapped to my belt, (preferable) in my cargo pockets, or in my laptop bag if none of those work.
-FatesServant

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Hang it around yyour nexck which I guess what the 2 loops are for at the bottom.
I carry something bigger than the NGP around in my pants all the time.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
There's a picture of an Endgadget dude putting an NGP into his pocket and he doesn't even wear horribly baggy pants, but jeans. I don't think it's going to be too much of an issue unless you wear super-tight jeans, pants with somewhat small pockets or somethin'

Not like it's going to be a problem for me. I always carry my DS, PSP and now 3DS in my schoolbag when I take them with me, will do the same with NGP.

rbrtchng

Forum Guru
Aug 25, 2006
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5513260]Depends how far the analog sticks stick out.[/QUOTE]

Enough to give women the right idea.

Sep 1, 2006
So-Cal
uhh i wear chick pants (uhh you know kinda tight punk style..? shut up :p) so thats a negative on in the pocket (my iphone barely fits lol)... i guess ill just hold it. i wont really be taking it places except on trips so usually ill have a backpack.

rbrtchng

Forum Guru
Aug 25, 2006
[QUOTE="SomaXD, post: 5526557]uhh i wear chick pants (uhh you know kinda tight punk style..? shut up :p) so thats a negative on in the pocket (my iphone barely fits lol)... i guess ill just hold it. i wont really be taking it places except on trips so usually ill have a backpack.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. I'm sure the NGP will be able to fit in your purse.