Casing of the PS3

Dec 11, 2005
119
0
0
#1
What do you think of the casing of the PS3?





I, personally, don't like it that much. I would have much preferred a sleeker, squarer design like that of the PS2 and PS2 Slim.
 
H

Hempeater

Guest
#3
What the Color, design ? If were talking about color then no, I wanted the color to be black instead of silver(which is what their going with..... or am I wrong?). But if were talking about the design then yes I think it looks fine. :)
 
Dec 11, 2005
119
0
0
#5
Hempeater said:
What the Color, design ? If were talking about color then no, I wanted the color to be black instead of silver(which is what their going with..... or am I wrong?). But if were talking about the design then yes I think it looks fine. :)
I mean the whole "look" of the PS3.
 

Hunnter

Master Poster
Apr 11, 2005
3,047
0
0
36
www.myspace.com
#7
I pretty much think the design is great

Although not perfect, it can always be improved upon
For example (sorry forgot your name) the PSthree design that someone made in here.

The symmetry of it was the thing that really made me like it.
If Sony could actually do that with a 'PSthree' if there will be one (possibly with 65nm/45nm) it would be pretty near perfect to me.
 
B

bosbeest

Guest
#8
I like the design cuz it´s the exact opposite of the xbox 360´s design, other than that, I don´t like it. You can´t stack thing up on it, they´ll fall off. And on the whole, it just looks too big this way, that´s why I like the xbox design so much, it not only IS smaller, it looks WAY smaller.
 
B

Bhav

Guest
#9
i absolutely love it - i cant wait to have it under/next to my tv. it'll just look so stylish.
 

Chappers

Dedicated Member
Dec 17, 2005
1,045
0
0
41
#12
Versa said:
shud b more concave, instead of convex
Now that I definitely disagree with. Concave would make it look like some cheap tacky toy :lol:

Seriously though, as a piece of A/V equipment, it stands much better chance in it's styling as it is, as it has some qualities and dimension in common with high-end equipment from the likes of Bose.
 
T

Tribunal

Guest
#15
Well I'm one who think its perfect.

Honestly I think the 360 design is bad :? , that is bleh, to plain for me.

I like it when something is busy with detail, and edges, and shapes. Gives me something to look at. It is almost like looking at art.
 
Dec 18, 2005
74
0
0
#16
You know, back at E3 2005, the day the event started, I was all hyped up waiting for the big revelation of the PS3. At school I was thinking about it all the time just imagenating how it would look like. Then at home, when I saw a pic of the PS3 for the first time I was a bit suprised. I didn't knew what to think of it. It looked a bit weird to me, not bad, but....special. Something to get jused to.

As time goes by I'm liking it more and more. The same thing with the controller, now THAT was a shock when I saw the thing. :)
 

Versa

Forum Elder
Dec 24, 2005
2,627
0
0
35
#17
Chappers said:
Versa said:
shud b more concave, instead of convex
Now that I definitely disagree with. Concave would make it look like some cheap tacky toy :lol:

Seriously though, as a piece of A/V equipment, it stands much better chance in it's styling as it is, as it has some qualities and dimension in common with high-end equipment from the likes of Bose.
I didn't mean that specific design at all. I meant the idea they started off with.

And 360 design I.M.O is better than the PS3's. But overall, I like the PS3's glossy black color that is optional, thats what im really looking forward to, cant wait to see the controller in that color! :D
 
Jan 1, 2006
191
0
0
35
#18
If I'm not mistaken, I remember reading an article some time ago concerning how the Sony designers got the idea of the design. They wanted to resemble some Japan Company building that had a unique design to it. I don't have a link, but I do remember reading it. does anyone remember? :?:
 

KRIS_911

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2005
316
0
0
#20
Central said:
What do you think of the casing of the PS3?





I, personally, don't like it that much. I would have much preferred a sleeker, squarer design like that of the PS2 and PS2 Slim.
What ppl dont understand is that it is a perfect look and it is a future looking and it owns lol. The controller is perfect looking with a future look too and it not only looks 100%!!! perfect but when you hold it in your hands all you non beilvers will LOVE IT!
 
Jan 1, 2006
191
0
0
35
#21
I personally like the PS3 design. The console has a unique design to it. All of the ports seem easily accessible and just looks very stylish. I also like that there is no disc-loading tray. It's cool how it just takes the CD in like a Car CD Player would. The design of the System is like nothing I've ever seen before, and isn't that the idea of it? Also, here's a link of how Sony "may have" gotten there inspiration for the PS3 Controller, it's from a PS1 Third-Party controller and the Article is from Joystiq.com


http://www.joystiq.com/2005/09/26/ps1-inspiration-for-ps3-controller-concept-uncovered/ :arrow:
 
Dec 29, 2005
52
0
0
#22
As mentioned before it looks like a bose system. I like it and cannot wait to have it! I like silver too as all my other components are silver.
 
Nov 10, 2005
110
0
0
#23
OK, Here's my two cents...or however many cents you think I'm gonna say....First of all:
irish97 said:
I like the shape of it but don't like the black part where the Discs go.
That "black part" is a reflection...I was actually the first person to post that pic (got it a www.e3insider.com)
Secondly
In my opinion.. I think that it's smart that they don't have faceplates....Although I really like the way they look...I don't like, on the 360, how temporary they are...and how easy they are to slip on and off...I do like the feeling of having a built-in unmovable case, like on the PS3.....
Third of All:
I love the way it's shaped....Sure, it's not "so-cool-I-wet-my-pants" awesome...but I think it's outward shape makes it look much more masculine and more powerful than the 360 (and statistically, it is)....It the people who designed the PS3 were very, very smart because making the PS3 rounded on the top, means that you cant put anything on top of it, unlike the 360 were you easily hide under some old VCR and DVD players..lol..
Lastly:
Versa....AWESOME AVATAR! (icon)
:wink:

P.S. I like black.....looks cool...and goes with the PSP
 

HiX

Dedicated Member
Sep 22, 2005
1,300
0
0
#24
The black PS3 makes it look really really classy and expensive. Xbox 360 can't pull off the black color. As seen on the X360 dev kit, it looks plain and dull. White suits Xbox 360 better.
 

Mika Mo 25

Super Elite
Sep 25, 2005
2,431
0
0
#25
It is nice...I don't mind it I just hope that black will be available for us, but I think Ken said they had decided on using the silver one.
 
4

40s

Guest
#27
KRIS_911 said:
What ppl dont understand is that it is a perfect look and it is a future looking and it owns lol. The controller is perfect looking with a future look too and it not only looks 100%!!! perfect but when you hold it in your hands all you non beilvers will LOVE IT!
It looks like a mini grill, and I expected better from sony.
 
T

Tribunal

Guest
#28
Hmm if the Black Version is that shiny in real life, OMG I'm sold.

Even if you want a fresh new look, you can't get past the fact that any electronic item if good looking silver, but absolutly sexy black.

40s said:
It looks like a mini grill, and I expected better from sony.
...please find me a Grill that looks like that, I'd sure as hell buy it too, because that would be one fine looking grill.
 
Dec 1, 2005
488
0
0
97
#29
DM003 said:
OK, Here's my two cents...or however many cents you think I'm gonna say....First of all:
irish97 said:
I like the shape of it but don't like the black part where the Discs go.
That "black part" is a reflection...I was actually the first person to post that pic (got it a www.e3insider.com)
Secondly
In my opinion.. I think that it's smart that they don't have faceplates....Although I really like the way they look...I don't like, on the 360, how temporary they are...and how easy they are to slip on and off...I do like the feeling of having a built-in unmovable case, like on the PS3.....
Third of All:
I love the way it's shaped....Sure, it's not "so-cool-I-wet-my-pants" awesome...but I think it's outward shape makes it look much more masculine and more powerful than the 360 (and statistically, it is)....It the people who designed the PS3 were very, very smart because making the PS3 rounded on the top, means that you cant put anything on top of it, unlike the 360 were you easily hide under some old VCR and DVD players..lol..
Lastly:
Versa....AWESOME AVATAR! (icon)
:wink:

P.S. I like black.....looks cool...and goes with the PSP
that doesnt really look like a reflection , and actually i dont like the casing at all...its like they were so busy developing the games and CPU and stuff that they didint have time to focus on the design so they just made it quickly , and i'd hate not being able to put anything on top of it
 

Versa

Forum Elder
Dec 24, 2005
2,627
0
0
35
#30
Mystic said:
Am I the only one who prefers the white version? Looks fresh.
Yep, I love it too. I just deteste' silver, and am wondering why there going with that :? . I hope to get a black one or a white one on launch day, I also think that PS3 looks better standing up in black, looks REAL nice.