Chelsea FC Champions League Winners 2012

Demiant

Super Elite
Apr 8, 2007
[QUOTE="chelseapaul, post: 0]rooney scored 5 penaltys this season, without them he would have come about behind lampard and bent in top goalscorers this term! you say he carried you but i dont see how? how many headed goals did he score in a row? they come from wingers n other players, dont tell me utd are a **** side... haha :hand

its a losing battle to fight.. you cant argue this season. Drogba has been the better Striker. i just wanna see them upfront together :drool[/quote]
Again, in YOUR opinion. I'm completely arguing it. I think Rooney was the better striker and we were much more dependent on him than you were on Drogba, you'd be a tool to disagree with that.

Drogba has more goals and more assists, that doesn't automatically mean he's the better striker.

chelseapaul

Superior Member
Jul 27, 2007
London
how comes valencia gets ahead of malouda? and no lampard in the team of season.. its a disgrace! there were more utd players then chelsea in the team, so i dont think you RELIED on rooney.. he just happened to be scoring your only goals.

its only an opinion that rooney was better this season as stats really do prove drogba has been a better player.. you cant say he hasnt if stats prove it lol its mad!

its not even worth the argument haha lets change subject.

who thinks team of the season should be voted at the END OF THE SEASON! and not january? its stupid

Terryfay1983

Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2007
www.vivid-audio.com
[QUOTE="three3-times, post: 0]This thread stinks[/quote]

Jog on somewhere else then! fool

as for drogba and rooney, i am gonna say drogba has bin better this season but if rooney hadnt bin injured as much then mite have bin different, but then drogba did go to the african nations?!?!

as long as rooney is better than drogba in the world cup thats all the matters at the mo! lol

The champs league is the one cup that ivades chelsea, we've come soo close b4 its gotta be 2nd on the list behind retaining the prem league next season!! i would love to beat jose in the final

Metal Warrior

Master Poster
Nov 18, 2005
Antwerp
Stats rarely prove anything in football. Especially not stats about goals scored and assisted. The thing with Rooney is his game is more than just scoring and assisting, he often acts as a very attacking playmaker. Whereas Drogba, with all due respect, is a more traditional striker, albeit a very complete one.

Aside from the fact they're both central forwards, they're very different players, and it's hard to compare them directly. Both have been the best in their own respective roles. I think if you'd put them together, they'd form one of the deadliest striking partnerships in PL history. They'd complement each other very well.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
**** em all, **** em all
united, west ham, liverpool
coz we are the chelsea
and we are the best
we are the chelsea so **** all the rest.

5-0 atm. **** YEAH !!!

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England
[QUOTE="squirrelbo1, post: 5136883]**** em all, **** em all
united, west ham, liverpool
coz we are the chelsea
and we are the best
we are the chelsea so **** all the rest.

5-0 atm. **** YEAH !!![/QUOTE]

Not so now eh? :D

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
and to think, 2 months ago it looked like we wouldnt even be in contention at this point. but a very good run has put us right back up there. CMON THE CHELS

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
So, even tough we're third - we don't really seem to be playing with much flair. Just kinda Grinding out results. But of course, that doesn't necessarily accurately predict the rest of the season. Considering how well we started last season, maybe this time we'll improve as we gone on.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Messi has nothing on this little Magician. Even as an Arsenal fan it was exciting to watch Chelsea before all the money. That FA Cup run in 2002 was great and the final too. (well fortunately for us)

[video=youtube;b25MZuCzK1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b25MZuCzK1U[/video]

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2007
Philly
You played Saturday and will play Barca tomorrow. The same thing as playing Sunday and Wednesday. Yet there's no bitching about it now. No dead people to blame? Nobody to call murderers?

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Shibby, post: 5815083]You played Saturday and will play Barca tomorrow. The same thing as playing Sunday and Wednesday. Yet there's no bitching about it now. No dead people to blame? Nobody to call murderers?[/QUOTE]

Because they played Saturday lunch time as opposed to Sunday evening? Because Premier League games have never been played on a Friday?

It was nothing to do with the "dead people" or "murderers"

Sep 11, 2007
Philly
Never? Well we played on Friday once this season, against Newcastle I think. So it's not like there's no precedent in rescheduling a PL match for a Friday.

Madrid didn't bitch about playing the first leg on Tuesday after a Saturday evening game. And I don't see Barca bitching now about playing Tuesday after playing Saturday evening.

3 days rest shouldn't be an issue for professional footballers.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
We are still really going on about this? It's done. Not all Chelsea fans are horrible only a minority.. Alan Davies never meant to offend and the Lfc blog which started the debacle by taking everything out of context and spurred these death threats has apologized, Davies called it the biggest peace time tragedy on the podcast itself and the death threats he is getting by people who weren't even alive then is stupid.. so.. there are stupid fans on both sides.

End of. I wish this whole debacle would just end already.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
Err not sure what's going on here but i wish Chelsea luck tonight.
If would be better for bayern if they could play against Chelsea in the finale :snicker
First they've got to win the game in Madrid though...

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Shibby, post: 5815257]Never? Well we played on Friday once this season, against Newcastle I think. So it's not like there's no precedent in rescheduling a PL match for a Friday.

Madrid didn't bitch about playing the first leg on Tuesday after a Saturday evening game. And I don't see Barca bitching now about playing Tuesday after playing Saturday evening.

3 days rest shouldn't be an issue for professional footballers.[/QUOTE]

That was during the Xmas period where games are played all the times.

Although I agree they could have, and should have considered rescheduling games for a Friday to help out European teams (If possible off course).

They might have been bitching? I don't know anything about their fans, nor do I care :lol:

However as FF said it's over, I don't care at all.

I am supporting Chelsea tonight, stuck 5 quid on them at 9/1 to win (Long shot but who knows?)

Get on Chelsea.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5815327]Err not sure what's going on here but i wish Chelsea luck tonight.
If would be better for bayern if they could play against Chelsea in the finale :snicker
First they've got to win the game in Madrid though...[/QUOTE]
No they don't. Bayern are 2-1 up in the first leg a draw will do for them.