Choose your side

InFiDeLiTY

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2007
Hmm I was thinking, lately there has been an INSANE amount of fanboy arguments etc etc, and its getting old, maybe there could be a restriction put in place, for example, upon signing up (or next time visiting the forums for existing members) you have to choose what forums you would like to participate in, the 360 forums or the ps3 forums, depending on which one you choose (all other forums remain uneffected), the one chosen you can carry on like normal posting etc, and the one not chosen, you can look in there, read the threads, but can not post unless you have a certain post count (500?), met certain requirements or just deemed sensible enough to be able to post in both forums without causing any fuss

Just an idea, a long shot, but the flaming/arguments etc is getting pathetic, we are all here to have fun and discuss their favourite console, we don't want to be reading fights over the same crap day in day out

:)

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
This is a very bad idea. Just taking me for example, when i first joined i never would have dreamed about getting a 360. Now i am a very happy owner and if this were put in place earlier, i wouldn't be able to post in there at all.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
What thes point of this? If someone was a Xbox fan thy could just go to Xbox.com. Why would you register here to talk primarily about the Xbox anyways..

X

Xaor

I think a preactive way of filtering users is good, but doing it like this would fail.

For one, the SPAMMERS, would create multiple accounts. :/

Sep 18, 2005
I don't like this idea much. Users should be free to post in whichever section they want until they do something to loose that privilege.

MrFenwick

Elite Sage
Feb 7, 2007
Tehachapi, CA
www.drippyink.com
Heres a idea;

You choose your side. But to be able to post on the other forum you have to pay points to say start a thread or reply. Say 100 points to start a thread and 1 point to reply.

Say you join the Xbox'ers side and get a PS3 so you want to join both and stop paying. Well just buy a license to the PS3 forum for say 1,000 points and your able to talk anywhere without worrying about points. And vise versa for PS3'ers wanting to talk in the XBox section.

I wouldn't care either way really since I rarely go into the XBox section or Wii section. I've maybe been in there about 5 times since I have joined.

Just a idea'r.

And I'm not sure how you guys are banning people but you need to do it per IP. Make it alittle harder for the idiots to come back.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
Also, for this to go down, you would have to change the entire format of the forum. Not gonna happen Mr. :|

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
But whats the point of doing this if you already have an PS3 and Xbox 360 forums?!?!?! Stupid Idea...

DEE DEE DEEEEEEE

Mikleran

Elite Member
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="MrFenwick, post: 0]Heres a idea;

You choose your side. But to be able to post on the other forum you have to pay points to say start a thread or reply. Say 100 points to start a thread and 1 point to reply.

Say you join the Xbox'ers side and get a PS3 so you want to join both and stop paying. Well just buy a license to the PS3 forum for say 1,000 points and your able to talk anywhere without worrying about points. And vise versa for PS3'ers wanting to talk in the XBox section.

I wouldn't care either way really since I rarely go into the XBox section or Wii section. I've maybe been in there about 5 times since I have joined.[/QUOTE]

And what about the people who visit all three sections regularly? Do they suddenly have to pay to post in one of the sections?

This is one of the worst ideas i've ever heard for anything. Nothing personal MrFenwick, but it's just silly.

Seb

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
London
www.gamerguides.com
[QUOTE="MrFenwick, post: 0]I've learned to take nothing personally on any site I visit. So its all good. ^_^[/quote]

That's a good trait to have! I wish some of our other members applied that.

People take this place too seriously sometimes, whereas I view it as just a cool place to hang out and have fun discussing PlayStation/other video games etc. Oh and also to get the latest news!; often way before IGN/Gamespot and even sometimes [I’m shocked to admit] PSU :oops:.

Anyway as for the suggestion, I think some of the other members summed up my thoughts already, but thanks nevertheless! They are all appreciated whether we implement them or not.

Mikleran

Elite Member
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="MrFenwick, post: 0]Well I don't really care for the idea of "Sides" myself. I was just giving the OP some extra ideas on how this could be done.

I've learned to take nothing personally on any site I visit. So its all good. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Woah sorry i thought you were the OP! My bad! :pale

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Mikleran, post: 0]Woah sorry i thought you were the OP! My bad! :pale[/quote]lol its okay dude it was an accident right?:oops:

[QUOTE="Morpheus, post: 0]That's a good trait to have! I wish some of our other members applied that.

People take this place too seriously sometimes, whereas I view it as just a cool place to hang out and have fun discussing PlayStation/other video games etc. Oh and also to get the latest news!; often way before IGN/Gamespot and even sometimes [I’m shocked to admit] PSU :oops:.

Anyway as for the suggestion, I think some of the other members summed up my thoughts already, but thanks nevertheless! They are all appreciated whether we implement them or not.[/quote]

Yeah considering MrFenwick helps us fellow Mod's out.;) I really do hope this place settles down and actually takes that chill pill your talking about Morph. We need that sort of thing right about now.:? PSU needs some more lovin as well just to keep up with our reporters here as well.

Feb 19, 2007
Just for the record, Restrictions are not hard to impose on users/ members groups in forums ;)

And the multi account thing wouldnt work as it takes hardly any time at all to IP search/ban dup accounts

But yeah I knew it was a long shot etc etc, it was just an idea when I was ****ed off at reading 3 fights in 5 threads hehe :p hopefully people can just mature a bit :)