Chrono Trigger: Resurrection

Aug 26, 2005
Hey guys, i wanted to show you all, that Square Enix is a "expletive deleted"

This was the game that would re-make and re-define Chrono Trigger...

It isn't tooo much, but if you compare the SNES graphics to these fully 3-D and non-cell shaded graphics i think they're spectacular.

Here's some screens

Here comes the heart breaker...The unknown dev-team who made this game brought it to S-E and they turned the re-make down. Apparently S-E was worried about the cash.

Here's the link to the site of CT: R

Old Site

And the hope breaker... New Site

I hope you guys admire this and complain to S-E...i know i am.

P.S. Pacman236, did you realize what clip my previous avatar was from?

pacman326

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2005
OMFG! Why haven't I seen this before. I almost cried looking at these screens, as you might have seen, I am a huge chrono trigger fan. What would it have run on PC? That's too bad Sqaure shut them down, maybe they could of even hired the team to publish it. I know I would of bought it for PS3 :x

Aug 26, 2005
I'm nearly possitive that it would have ran on the PC, hence why so many people wanted the creators to send the game to them via e-mail.

I also wanted to say this is similar to what's happening with FFVII, only, this game was almost built to completion. S-E is basically trying to avoid re-makes of their PS1 games for some odd reason...I'm sure though if more people start writing S-E about this game they might cave in to high demands.

You can sign a petition here and every sig counts!

Petition HERE

Aug 26, 2005
I never double post, and i'm sorry already, i just want to post this so people can see what happened to Chrono Trigger: Resurrection.

This was my original e-mail:
Dear Square-Enix,

I'm sorry for taking up your time and I hope you can spare even a couple seconds to listen to me, I know you must have many other e-mails, hopefully none of them that bad :) . Anyways, I wanted to ask about the cancelled project "Chrono Trigger: Resurrection" As the site informs me, they brought the project to you guys to ask to use the Copyrights for the game. I'm under the belief that you had turned them down, and threatened to sue if the game was ever released.

Here lies my question, the game (provided by the beautiful screen shots) looks gorgeous in many ways, defiantly worthy of the Square-Enix title. Why not just take the project under your wing, compensate the dev team for their efforts, add some security to it, maybe touch up some rough edges and re-lease the game at full price? The game was so close to completion, it's hard to imagine you guys would have to spend much on it. I think that game would have gotten great reviews and it stayed exactly to the storyline of the original Chrono Trigger. This, more or less, on a slightly lesser scale, was a FFVII re-make everyone wants so badly. So really the big question is.Why?

I appreciate your time and value your opinion or the facts even more. I must say I'm a huge fan of Square, though I bet everyone says that.
Even if I don't get a response, I thank you and appreciate you for reading this e-mail and just wanted to see if I could get a reply "straight from the horse's mouth" as the saying goes.
This was their response:
Dear Customer:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope this letter answers your questions.

All content of our games is copyright SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. We currently are not granting permission to any one except our own business partners.

The Private Policy of SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd./SQUARE ENIX Inc. stating the use of materials, is as follows:

All game materials, including, but not limited to, their design, text, graphics, screen shots, files are copyrighted by SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Any other use of materials of our games -- including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than that noted above, modification, distribution, or republication -- without the prior written permission of SQUARE ENIX is strictly prohibited. No materials of our games may be used on any other product, published, or otherwise performed in public.

This 3rd party team did not recieve permission to use our copyrighted content, therefore it was our right to issue a cease and desist order for termination. We hope that this information has been of some assistance and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
Square Enix Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

More or less they just don't allow people outside their buisness partners to use their copyrights, no matter how great the game is. That sounds like total BS to me.

Damnit

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
Actually Square-Enix is right! They have rights to their own property. This unknown company created a new game out of an already established Square game without permission from them. Anyone could get angry about such stuff. It's their right to say No to such things. Projects at big firms get a green signal after careful thought and much hard work. If these noob developers didn't have the nerve to ask square's permission before actually starting the Chrono Trigger remake. Then they deserve the cease order.

Chrono Trigger is regarded in some circles as even better than FFVII. Some amateur developer who doesn't even know how to take permission for copyright material deserves this, Sorry to say it like that! But looks can be deceiving, just because it looks like a resurrected Chrono Trigger doesn't guarantee the trademark gameplay that Square could provide. Anyways, I'm with Square on this one. They made the right decision.

Aug 26, 2005
THEY DID THOUGH! They could've just released it without any mention of it, but they asked Square to allow them to use the copyrights, which is how Square told them to stop the game in the first place. They aren't just noob developers either, seriously, this game looks gorgeous for a dev-team that didn't have any backing of any kind and had poured their soul into this game. Do you have any idea how many times this game would have been downloaded, bought, whatever if square had just consented to it? Square would never in a million years re-make chrono trigger. If i was CEO i would've at least have allowed the company to play the game through and then decide whether or not to allow them the usage. From 8-bit 2-D graphics to Fully-rendered 3-D i think that game would've been a wild fire. The game was practically complete too, they just needed an O.K. It's a tragedy to anyone who saw this game, and there's nothing but heart felt sympathy for the developers.

Pogo

Superior Member
Feb 11, 2004
by Sarad Jackson

Foundation 9, a company of many development studios announced that they will merge together two of their teams into one mega studio, Shiny and The Collective. The merger will allow both southern California based studios to put their minds together to bring about even bigger and more creative games as Foundation 9 suggest. To get things on the go, both Shiny and The Collective have relocated together to their new office in Irvine, California. Currently the name of the new merged company has not been revealed.

Shiny, which is best known for Earthworm Jim was founded in 1993 while The Collective, which is hard at work on Silent Hill 5 was founded in 1997.

"Bringing the Shiny and Collective teams together into one larger studio will give them the scale and resources needed to deliver top-notch franchise-based releases across multiple platforms," said David Mann, F9E's COO. "We've already moved everyone under one roof, which will help to make a seamless transition for both teams."

Michae “Saxsâ€