City Or Countryside

holly

Forum Guru
Jul 2, 2008
I love the city and countryside. I like how busy the city is and how peaceful the countryside is. The countryside is a nice place to get away from everything for a while. But the city is the place to live.

Jun 13, 2008
I like cities. Countryside is nice and all for vacations and stuff but I dunno.. being raised in more city conditions makes me more comfortable in those conditions lol

Richie209

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2009
[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 0]City. Nothing to do in the countryside.[/quote]

Actually(I just thought of this), if you had firearms and owned some land in the country, you could shoot stuff whenever you wanted.

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England
[QUOTE="Richie209, post: 0]Actually(I just thought of this), if you had firearms and owned some land in the country, you could shoot stuff whenever you wanted.[/quote]

Hunting is banned in the UK.

D

dannypnefc

Definately a City! In a city everything is in your grasp. Pubs/Supermarkets/Shops/Leisure Facilities/Hospitals/Work etc are all relatively close in most citys.
My nan lives in a rural area and she would have to drive atleast 20 minutes to get to the nearest Supermarket.
I live in a village (I would say it's countryside'ish) which is about 5 minutes drive away from the nearest town centre, which has everything I would need to live. I'm sure when I'm older I'd move closer to Preston, if not in it.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="bubano, post: 0]For everything??[/quote]

I know fox hunting is banned, not sure about anything else.

Living in the country, I'd have to go with that tbh. But really, I'd be fine anywhere.

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
I prefer City because i am scared of being isolated and i dont like areas with scarce population.

But for the sights and peace, gotta love the countryside.

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
City.

Better internet connection, more friends/people, better connections and it's more modern. If I was over 60 or 70, my views may change.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
When I see countryside, I am thinking of a place with farms and stuff.

Shouldn't this be city, burbs, and country side?

mustangless

Superior Member
May 16, 2008
I prefer country. More privacy and you can let the dogs out without them getting squished by a car. It is nice to have city stuff close though.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="gruddy, post: 0]City.

Better internet connection, more friends/people, better connections and it's more modern. If I was over 60 or 70, my views may change.[/quote]
I used to have the same mindset as you but I much prefer living in a rural area as opposed to the city. It's nice and quiet in the countryside, whereas it's always noisy and busy in the city -- do not want!

Devil

Master Poster
May 16, 2009
England
City! More shops, places to do, people, more oppurtunity. Also, a city is also kinda the key to a future. If you live in the countryside, there's little oppurtunity.

I guess living in the countryside is fine if you feel you need to take a break.

The-lost-

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2009
Born and raised yokel here. I love living in the country, less crime, laid back lifestyle, nice wide open spaces, you get a huge sense of freedom. I like visiting cities, but i wouldnt like to live in one.

[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 0]Hunting is banned in the UK.[/quote]
Not it isnt, only hunting with hounds is banned; ie fox hunting, hare coursing. I live near a river estuary, so i sometimes go shooting for wildfowl out on the marshes. I also hunt rabbits and pigeons on my friends farm. Fishing is another favorite of mine. Me and my mates also do a bit of mountain biking in some local woodland, theres a small disused quarry in the middle which is perfect.

Jul 4, 2009
Between the two, City. However that would only be for two things:
1. I would NEVER want to be home-schooled in any way shape or form.
2. More things are closer. And there are just more things.
I myself live in the suburbs, which has some green and beaches but still has a boat load of stuff to do around it. Mostly everything is within walking distance.

zodg1lla

Apprentice
Dec 30, 2008
I was born in LA and honestly don't think I could live anywhere less populated than Southern California. I'm too used to it.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
See that's the thing, I also live in the suburbs and find it better then the city. People say there are more shops in the city but you know what, within the suburbs of New Brighton, spring lake park, and roseville, I find everything I need anyway.

Everytime I have spent time in the city, it's nothing but a big cluster****. I have no problem pushing myself out of a parking lot while making a left turn, but it's all BLAH!!

All the homes in the city suck (at least here they do). They don't have good sized yards, at least 98% of the homes don't have a garage, you have to park on the road. I just don't see the city has that great of a place. I like people and the city does have a lot of people but the point being as I just said.

I like my house, which has a yard (thank god). I like the fact of having a garage to park my car. lol Barely any noise at all, no kids walking around talking so loud because they like the sound of their voice. I don't ever hear any of this "What you doing, get back over here *****, you think it's funny ****ing my man" or "YEA! MY BABIES DADDY DID this and this and this". juvinile bs if you ask me.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
Both have advantages and disadvantages.
Having lived in both countryside and big city I have come to a conclusion.

I grew up on a 2k people island, from 1-12 years old. It was amazing.
Being able to be outside and run free from day to night and coming and going from the house as you please with your parents not worrying and walking to school with friends from the age of 5-6, gives you a sense of freedom that I believe is very valuable.

After that at the age 12-19 I moved to a city of 5 mil. Which was also awesome for that age. Being a teenager in a big "jungle" with people as I used to see it back then was great. Unlimited places to go, choices, internet (dial up mind you), live concerts and a lot of girls.

My point is that every place has advantages and disadvantages.
I've lived a fair amount of time in three different countries so far, many cities/towns and quite a few apartments and every place/country/city is idiomorphic in it's very own way.