COD Black Ops Cold War: PS5 vs Xbox Series X | Digital Foundry

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Massive advantage from Xbox Series X in RT Mode.

PS5 holds up well in 120fps mode, but the absence of VRR gives the edge to XSX in displays that support it.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Use yours also and check out the video i posted lol
You edited your post and added that video when I was already responding. On top, you didn't provide the url to the tweet, which is misleading.

Anyway, to summarize, DF missed RT on Series S:

And they're also saying the framerate dips on PS5 are related to checkpoints, ergo, they must be a bug since they improve when they restart the same mission. BUT NOT ALWAYS. So the difference remains, just not that often.

Edit: BTW, John is clearly the "slowest" of the group at DF. He's just no up to the task in comparison to his partners.

Sep 10, 2005
The difference remains until the bug is fixed..No misleading at all,i was trying to find the post/video they were talking about it been a bug.

PS:I would edit the post if i was you,cause its misleading,since we already know its a bug,...

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Pretty suspicious that the dips occurs in heavy loaded scenes.

Maybe not all of them are related to a bug =)

Dec 20, 2006
"Massive advantage" stop overselling. You aren't fooling anyone.

In 60hz gameplay they are both hitting that over 99% of the time. In 120hz mode the ps5 can often have a near 20 fps advantage at times.

No one cares about a couple cutscenes.

This is a wash at best. Which for the xbox series x's overzealous marketing towards having the power advantage, it may as well be a loss.

Jun 4, 2007
This Cod shit is not "massive". There were supposed to be a substantial difference between the PS5 and XSX on all multiplats according to fanboys. There's always an excuse when it's not working in MS favor. Now it's all about the tools.

When I was playing Cod:CW I didn't notice the drop in frames other than one section where you're running from the heavy machine gun fire in a building. What I did notice was the features of the Duel Sense when aiming and shooting all the guns.