COD: WAW Double XP Weekend ONLY FOR 360 AND PC

Kratos12

Superior Member
Jan 22, 2007
http://www.callofduty.com/intel/177

Attention soldiers!
For all of you who invested in the Limited Collector's Edition (LCE) version of Call of Duty: World at War for either the Xbox 360 or PC - we're happy to bring you one week of Double XP!
The Facts:

• Call of Duty: World at War LCE Week of Double XP is here!
  • Xbox 360 LCE owners will have a special “Officer's Club” playlist which awards Double-XP, to which they can invite their friends.
  • PC LCE owners get Double-XP which will accrue in any un-modified server they play on.
  • PC server admins and players have to do nothing; if you are an LCE customer and installed the game with the LCE CD Key, you will get Double-XP as of today.
The week of Double XP begins today (Friday, December 5 2008) and will end Friday, December 12.
I hate these ******ed bloody morons for doing this to the PS3 fans and also to those 360/PC ppl who didnt buy the LE. Let everyone know before hand that LE ppl will get these benefits so that people can decide then and not regret later.

Also how is it the fault of PS3 owners if there was no LE released for them?? First no beta and now no double XP????

Last game I bought from them.

NiGHTsC

Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2008
Who bought the LCE anyway?

You can't blame them while in a fact that there's more users on X360 than PS3.
It's a logical choice even though it doesn't make sense.

Money FTW!

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
[QUOTE="Kratos12, post: 0]http://www.callofduty.com/intel/177

I hate these ******ed bloody morons for doing this to the PS3 fans and also to those 360/PC ppl who didnt buy the LE. Let everyone know before hand that LE ppl will get these benefits so that people can decide then and not regret later.

Also how is it the fault of PS3 owners if there was no LE released for them?? First no beta and now no double XP????

Last game I bought from them.[/quote]

i agree... this is super angering...
i bougt it for p.c. and PlayStation...
but still, i hate when they just ignore our system

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
Man thats so lame, seems like not many developers care about people who only have a PS3. It can be pretty frustrating when stuff like this happens, and I'd be more annoyed if I wasn't rockin' out to Led Zeppelin at the moment 8)

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
[QUOTE="Sylar, post: 0]Man thats so lame, seems like not many developers care about people who only have a PS3. It can be pretty frustrating when stuff like this happens, and I'd be more annoyed if I wasn't rockin' out to Led Zeppelin at the moment 8)[/quote]

1,000 posts woot...
nice job ;)

Kratos12

Superior Member
Jan 22, 2007
[QUOTE="NiGHTsC, post: 0]Who bought the LCE anyway?

Money FTW![/quote]
Money?? Are the 360 users paying them anything for double xp weekend??

Kratos12

Superior Member
Jan 22, 2007
[QUOTE="TommyFewty, post: 0]Thats pretty messed up. It takes too long to rank up, this is needed for PS3.[/quote]

And how come your post is above my first post considering I opened this thread :confused:

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="Spider, post: 0]1,000 posts woot...
nice job ;)[/quote]

Haha cheers man, I'm slowly making my way up lol :p;)

Does anyone think they might eventually do a double XP thingy for PS3 users? or is it ONLY for the LE eiditon peeps?

Lethalmind

Fister Roboto
Mar 13, 2008
ISIS HQ
In all honesty, I'm not surprised. A few weeks ago I had a suspicion that something like this would take place. I noticed a trend with COD 4 (Treyarch or Not) but 360 was given the Map Packs 3 weeks in advance because they had exclusive rights to it. Also the PS3 has had a Dual Shock 3 since before the maps were given to us and we still don't have any rumble support for it.

I guess it can't be helped but it's usually involves money issues so I can't be mad at what happens here. It's business.

Jun 29, 2008
This was predictable. VERY predictable. No one should be complaining, imo. Of course it's pretty messed up we get left out with all this stuff but at least we actually got the game.

Dec 6, 2008
Hmmm.... see every time I see this kind of messing around I feel uneasy to the point of ignoring the game.

You see I now boycott Fallout 3 because of the exclusive content, the lack of trophies and the way they apparently lazied off on the PS3 version development. Now seeing this, I will not be buying CoD 5. I know my choice won't make a difference but it's simply that I can't help feeling cheated out of stuff. I had CoD 4 and it was an amazing game and intended to buy CoD 5.

It's a thing of principle, if I know my service is not going to be as good for that game, I won't get it! Also I'm biased against microsoft because I loathe the way they handle their business on the software side. Too bad my linux is not fully compatible with all my software.

Sorry for the rant, even through all that I don't consider myself a fanboy. I don't LOVE Sony... I just freakin' HATE microsoft!!!

Peace

TheRaging

Apprentice
Oct 4, 2008
This is actually the second time there has been double XP. I got my CoD: WaW on the 360.

The first week of double XP was a week after release, and I've been on double XP again since this weekend and was still getting it yesterday. So it's a 2ND week of double XP.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
I am a 360 owner without the special edition or whatever the heck it is.. and I am pretty annoyed at this too.

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
This is rediculous. It should be for everybody, I don't see why they stiffed out PS3 owners and loyal fans of the series who actually got it on those systems who didn't want to get the LE.

B

Bruschy

Those who say that they should have told in advance the rewards of having LCE should check better their sources.

I remember checking like every three days Gamestop/N4G to see if there was a chance that PS3 would get the Limited Edition...
Why? Because it had been clearly stated that besides getting the fancy box and stuff, you would also get the M1A1 at lvl 1 or whatever it was AND double XP for one week. (to be determined by Activision)

Not anoyed that they got double Xp, they payed for it... Just anoyed that I didn't have that option.

Aug 20, 2008
I think this shows an absolute lack of disrespect to people who dished out 70 hard earned bucks to purchase this game. The developers have no idea how to keep their clientele motivated into playing their titles. Think about it, how many double experience week-ends did we have for COD:4, three of four tops? How many downloadable map packs? 1? Unfortunately, this is just the beginning.

Fact is, they didn't even make the collectors edition available for PS3. And we, collectively, have to pay because of a rotten marketing decision? This is terribly disappointing and unwise considering the economic state that all businesses are in at the moment. In the modern age for video gaming, a gamer needs extra incentive to keep playing and buying a developers games, i.e. DLC or Double-XP week-ends. If they can't even provide us with that, is the seventy dollars we dish out actually worth it?

All in all, this is absolutely horrendous, how about showing a little respect for the people that keep you in business.

mixpix72

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2008
[QUOTE="NiGHTsC, post: 0]Who bought the LCE anyway?

Money FTW![/quote]

i believe that is what they call an oxymoron. thank you

Mana Knight

Elite Member
Dec 22, 2006
Maryland, USA
I'm going to say over and over again, I'm not trying to troll this thread. I actually enjoyed CoD4. However, after all the issues the PS3 version had online and I could see the developers were playing favorites with 360/PC, I decided to skip all console CoD games. While I understand CoD: WaW was going to be made by Treyarch and not IW (and I was hoping Treyarch would be better than IW to PS3 owners), I had some feeling the same would happen again. That's why I went ahead and got R2 instead of WaW because being exclusive (and Insomniac is a bit more caring to PS3 owners), it would get more support and hopefully more issues fixed over time (instead of ignored).

But yeah, I'm not really surprised by the news.