COD4 Gun Thread (Guide)

ahuy2702

Sep 27, 2018
I know there have been alot of COD4 threads, but most of them are mixed and don't have a clear purpose. I wish to make such a thread, with the purpose being guns. Here everyone can post their selected classes, and if any new guys wanna ask some questions go right ahead. For starters, Ill list my current classes, mind you I do change them frequently but, they mostly stay the same. Also, I have myself a question: was is the main purpose of the ACOG. I use it on my snipers, but have no clue why I use it. Any insight to this will help.

Class 1: (Sniper Rifle) :mrgreen: Maps: Crash, Bog, Overgrown

M21 Sniper Rifle: Equppied with ACOG scope
Grenade: Flash
Perk 1: Claymore x2
Perk 2: Stopping Power
Perk 3: Dead Silence

Class 2: (Sub Machine Gun) :mrgreen: Maps: Every map

MP5: Equipped with silencer
Perk 1: Bomb Squad

Class 3: (Sub Machine Gun) :mrgreen: Maps: Every map

P90: Equipped with silencer
Perk 1: Frag x3

Class 4: (Assault Rifle) :mrgreen: Maps: Large scale maps (ie. Crossfire)

G36C: Equipped with Red-Dot sight
Perk 1: Frag x3

Class 5: (Sniper Rifle) :mrgreen: Maps: Bog, Bloc, Overgrown

M40A3: Equipped with standard scope
Perk 1: Claymore x2
Perk 3: Iron Lungs

From recent personnal experience, the M21 with ACOG is amazing. You can get easy 2 hit kills, and 1 hit head-shot kills. Its very accurate, and better with ACOG than M14 with ACOG. Also, if you want guaranteed 1 hit kills, then use the M40A3 with stopping power, and you'll get them everytime (except if they have juggernaut :evil:). As you may have noticed, my preferred perks are: claymore x2, stopping power, dead silence. I tend to use SMGs in Search and Destroy (also snipers). I dont pay much Team Deathmatch as before, as I find it boring and inconclusive. In S&D, if you have a good team its very fun, but I find it that in some cases, in the first 20 secs of the game, my entire team is dead, and I'm the only one left to finish the game. Sometimes I can do it, sometimes I can't. It also helps if you play as a team and you watch each others backs. Also, I don't camp, unless you consider sniping camping, but when I snipe I rarely stay in the same spot. But I will "camp" when I'm the only guy left a live on my team, but even then I'm always moving around. Never stay in one spot for more than 15 secs, if that.