College football, determines if you get a ps3

Dec 28, 2006
seems like the people who get the first few envelopes will be screwed since the envelopes are numbered 1-100. he should have numbered them in actual score multiples. seems like a scam.

XSpike_SpiegelC

Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2006
[QUOTE="StoneFish, post: 0]seems like the people who get the first few envelopes will be screwed since the envelopes are numbered 1-100. he should have numbered them in actual score multiples. seems like a scam.[/QUOTE]

well...they dont have to buy them if they dont want to...he doesnt assign the envelopes to people...also, if the scores add up to 101, he who bought the #1 enevelope won the PS3.....also, what are you talking about score multiples....it is sum of the two scores, so there are a variety of different ways to get to the end, and it can go over 100.....

Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="XSpike_SpiegelC, post: 953310]well...they dont have to buy them if they dont want to...he doesnt assign the envelopes to people...also, if the scores add up to 101, he who bought the #1 enevelope won the PS3.....also, what are you talking about score multiples....it is sum of the two scores, so there are a variety of different ways to get to the end, and it can go over 100.....[/quote]

you should buy yourself a envelope. you seem pretty convinced.

Nov 30, 2006
idk about that. Sounds pretty iffy. I would like a free ps3 but it would be hard to actually get it for free. The odds seem a little slim.

solinent

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2006
[QUOTE="gotti1914, post: 0]This was a good idea, why because he just made $800 regardless[/QUOTE]

Yeah he should have sold more lol :p

like 200 or so lol.

XSpike_SpiegelC

Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2006
[QUOTE="StoneFish, post: 0]you should buy yourself a envelope. you seem pretty convinced.[/QUOTE]

why?...i already have one, and it might just be a waste of $8....i was just explaining the "contest" because it didnt seem like you understood what the whole thing was about...

GameSpawn

Super Elite
Aug 28, 2006
AH, I see that an eBayer has found out a way to cut his losses and somewhat circumvent eBay's and PayPal's auction fees. If he can sell all the tickets than that's $800+20 for the shipping, but this also doesn't include what he looses to PayPal and eBay on each of those auctions. I'd say he could make $100 or so after fees (I've never auctioned stuff so I don't know the exact fees; someone who does can calculate it and correct me).

XSpike_SpiegelC

Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2006
[QUOTE="GameSpawn, post: 0]AH, I see that an eBayer has found out a way to cut his losses and somewhat circumvent eBay's and PayPal's auction fees. If he can sell all the tickets than that's $800+20 for the shipping, but this also doesn't include what he looses to PayPal and eBay on each of those auctions. I'd say he could make $100 or so after fees (I've never auctioned stuff so I don't know the exact fees; someone who does can calculate it and correct me).[/QUOTE]

yeah...it would be something like that....but some of these auctions are probably going to go for more than $8...anyways, this is also a great idea becuase he makes a profit AND the person who wins gets a PS3 for mega cheap...

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
Sounds like a good idea. Dont bother me much I got mine already and i still plan on watching the rosebowl haha. Two birds with 1 stone. =P

O

OMGashleysimpson

[QUOTE="StoneFish, post: 0]seems like the people who get the first few envelopes will be screwed since the envelopes are numbered 1-100. he should have numbered them in actual score multiples. seems like a scam.[/quote]

The guys from Michigan so it makes sense.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="OMGashleysimpson, post: 0]The guys from Michigan so it makes sense.[/quote]

Coming from somebody with Ashley Simpson in his screen name :roll: