Come on Rockstar - WTF is going on?!

Oct 24, 2006
I find it quite disappointing that R* have made no official announcement regarding the recent "must disconnect from PSN to load" problems. It seems to be affecting an awful lot of people.

There's nothing on their site, no press releases to the media, it's almost as if they want to sweep it under the carpet. Sony are also keeping quiet; I can't find anything about it on the official site either.

You would think the biggest release in the history of gaming being broken would warrant some kind of feedback to the people who paid good money for their currently sub-standard product.

Imagine all the casual gamers who don't think of checking these message boards, they'll probably believe the game is defective, then if they manage to get a replacement and it still doesn't work, they will then think the console's to blame.

It's about time someone came out and made an official announcement with solutions, dates or at least acknowledgement of the issues and maybe even an apology. Is that too much to ask?

Oct 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Karl Cousins, post: 0]I am sure Rockstar are attempting to isolate the problem prior to release further information.[/quote]
Would be nice if they were to tell us that. Go to their website and their news section says nothing of these problems. Nothing on the Sony site.

In fact, the only thing I have heard about this is Gamespot posting some second hand, unofficial message from Take Two.

The issues have been around since launch and have yesterday become much much worse, with no-one I know of able to even have their PS3 online to play, even for single player. That's not even counting the people who were suffering lock-ups before this issue.

Now, I appreciate they might want to isolate the problem, but at least acknowledge there is an issue and let us know they are working on it with an official press release.

Part of me feels like certain companies/people/sites are either too scared to report, in fear of being ostracised from the next GTA launch, or maybe they have been moneyhatted to keep quiet.

At the end of the day, there should have been an official acknowledgement by now. We, the consumer, have made this THE biggest launch in history; we deserve that much.

:mad:

C

Calis

So basically you want them to release a statement telling you what you already know? That the game is going weird on PS3's and 360s?

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
they also shipped the 360 version of bully in a fkd up state,im quite suprized at thier quality testing.

Oct 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Calis, post: 0]So basically you want them to release a statement telling you what you already know?[/quote]
I wouldn't mind if it was only affecting a small proportion of users, but the PS3 issue where no-one can even be connected to PSN in order to play single player is widespread and serious.

And yes, I find it unprofessional and out of order that they have said nothing about it.

[QUOTE="Copyright85, post: 0]Email them ask them what the **** is going on. I dare ya.
No honestly do it.[/quote]
I already have. I doubt I'll hear anything back though.

They're probably too busy counting our money :lol:

[QUOTE="Nuvian, post: 0]they also shipped the 360 version of bully in a fkd up state,im quite suprized at thier quality testing.[/quote]
Bully, a PS2-port and GTA IV the biggest game release EVER. Not in the same league IMO. But yes, I agree, QA must be last on the agenda for R*.

Jun 22, 2007
I'm surprised at how good this game is. I'm loving it at the minute. It's a shame some people are having problems with it. Ahh well, I'm sure they'll be looking into and letting you know when they know.

C

Calis

[QUOTE="rikwakefield, post: 0]I wouldn't mind if it was only affecting a small proportion of users, but the PS3 issue where no-one can even be connected to PSN in order to play single player is widespread and serious.

And yes, I find it unprofessional and out of order that they have said nothing about it.[/quote]

I'd rather they worked on fixing the issue than spending time talking about it. But that's me.

Aug 30, 2006
I only found out about this problem yesterday, thought it was my PS3 acting up. Really dissapointed about not being able to play online.

If it is something stupid like their servers cant handle that much load then shame on them for not anticipating it.

Oct 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Calis, post: 0]I'd rather they worked on fixing the issue than spending time talking about it. But that's me.[/quote]

I'm don't think the PR people over at R* are the same people who are trying to find the problem with the game code, do you? :rolleyes:

OneManArmy

Apprentice
May 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Bostonmess, post: 0]I'm surprised at how good this game is. I'm loving it at the minute. It's a shame some people are having problems with it. Ahh well, I'm sure they'll be looking into and letting you know when they know.[/QUOTE] Lol, you just had to point out that your copy works perfectly didn't you? :p You evil, evil man.

Dorfdad

Super Elite
Sep 8, 2005
Multiple Reasons actually. Class action Lawsuits, etc...

You won't hear much unless they can fix it..

Oct 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Dorfdad, post: 0]Multiple Reasons actually. Class action Lawsuits, etc...

You won't hear much unless they can fix it..[/quote]
Please divulge more info Dorfdad, it's not clear what you mean.

May 17, 2006
i feel that one of the most eagerly awaited games in recent history is being overshadowed by this freezing issue and online (or lack of it) activity for some.

I have the game for about 5 days and have only been able to get online twice. Those two times have been great craic but RockStar should've realised the level of online players as soon as this was released and sorted out their servers (if that is what is causing the problems)

As far as the freezing issue, it only really affected me last night, when the load page for "Master and the Molotov" came up, it stayed up. And when I pressed the PS button to quit the game, the whole system had to shut down. It kept freezing so I deleted all GTAIV files (after backing them up on my USB key) and reinstalled. I then copied the save game back, logged out of PSN and it seems to be working fine.

This is a workaround but I dont think we should have to have any workarounds, we paid enough for this game and it should be working correctly.

Anyway, thats my rant....I really enjoy this game and will for a long time to come.

Good luck..

StrifeTribal

Superior Member
Jan 31, 2006
rikwakefield, I feel where your coming from, I'd like to know what they're doing to fix these problems, or even what the problem is. I really feel as if they're trying to avoid their big mistake and cover it up quick without anything bad happening, cause this IS a huge problem, how this got past testing is beyond me.

Atari

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2007
Well the online worked perfectly for me for five days and now I can't be connected to PSN at all if I want to play. I'll work on the one player for now, but I really want to get online with my friends and have some fun.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
my theory...
1st problem was the multiplayer part not working
2nd problem was the game freezing at loading screen
now we cant play single campaign unless the internet is disabled on the ps3,which leads me to believe that R# and sony are in cahoots together

Dissent

Superior Member
Nov 21, 2006
I have to say I am really shocked that R* has done this. They have always been such a customer respectful company before. This mistake is awful but I agree with the original poster that them not making any sort of attempt to let us know what they are going to do about the freezing issues. Hopefully they get it together this week.

Endless_Echo

Space Cowboy
Jan 18, 2008
every time i play thirty minutes after playing the fans on my playstation start to
spin crazy fast and get super loud so i turn off my system 'cause im afraid that
it'll overheat or something but that doesn't happen when i play skate. or any other
game WTF???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

clean515

Elite Guru
Oct 11, 2007
Someone linked to a official statement ealier that they were working for a patch and what caused the game not to load was that it wanted to update on their servers while they were down.

C

Calis

[QUOTE="Dissent, post: 0]I have to say I am really shocked that R* has done this. They have always been such a customer respectful company before. This mistake is awful but I agree with the original poster that them not making any sort of attempt to let us know what they are going to do about the freezing issues. Hopefully they get it together this week.[/quote]

Maybe they don't know what is causing the problem.

What I am surprised about is that with all the reviews going on, not on reviewer ever seemed to get this issue (or mentioned it). It's astounding.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Calis, post: 0]So basically you want them to release a statement telling you what you already know? That the game is going weird on PS3's and 360s?[/QUOTE]

My 360 version goes online with no problems. Lots of people on live but my PS3 version forget it. I havent heard of anybody not being able to get on live. Rockstar and Sony need to step up. I bought both versions so I could play with my PSN friends as well. If they dont fix it soon I'll just keep playing GTA on live and trade in my PS3 version.