Community Opinions Challenge VOTE NOW!!!

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
Alright guys we are finally ready to crown a victor for the $50 PSN Community Opinions Challenge! I would just like thank everyone that had put in time and effort for this contest it was truly great to read all of your entries. I would say they were some really good reads and this was my way of giving back to the community. I'd like to thank my three judges: Ghost, Kyle and Richard for taking time to read the entries and picking out three that truly represented what this challenge was trying to accomplish.

So please, everyone take a chance to read over these awesome entries and vote for your favorite. The victor is chosen by the community! Don't fret if you're not one of the three, all the other entries will be put into a random number generator with one lucky dude winning a $20 PSN card. That person will be announced shortly after we crown a winner.

And the entries are...

Finding meaning in Final Fantasy VIII's absurdity by upmagic

Catering to the 'Bro' gamer by Ryan Williams

Why used-game DRM is a game of balance and chance by Ryunosuke

The poll closes on Monday! Plenty of time for the entries to get their full exposure. Congrats to these three for getting their articles on the front page of PSU!

Last edited:

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
Surprised my opinion piece made it to the final round, there was some really good pieces.

Good luck to everyone in both the votes and the random number generator round. Also thanks Sir_Scud and the judges that put this together.

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Ryan Williams, post: 6142250]I am glad to see that i made it. Good luck to everyone who entered and thank you, PSU![/QUOTE]

It was a good piece. I definitely agree with the judges and see why they picked it.

[QUOTE="Ryunosuke, post: 6142228]Surprised my opinion piece made it to the final round, there was some really good pieces.

Good luck to everyone in both the votes and the random number generator round. Also thanks Sir_Scud and the judges that put this together.[/QUOTE]

I had no say in it, but your piece was very unique in the competition. Very sound argument too.

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Ryan Williams, post: 6142575]Votes are coming in slow :([/QUOTE]

I kinda anticipated that, given that I opened it up late Thursday. Hopefully people will see it soon enough!

May 28, 2013
I am trying to comment back to people on my article, but it just keeps saying I am posting a duplicate post. Oh well...I will just clear my cookies and history completely in hopes that it will work.

You guys should definitely do more of these kinds of things.

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
I went ahead and contacted all the entrants so they are aware of the voting poll. Given that there was a long time limit on this contest, some of the contestants probably have no idea that it's up. But I'm getting the word out!

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
The poll is closed and we have a winner! Ryunosuke, you earned it. The random generator drawing will be issued shortly.

Edit: The Black Wolf was the lucky winner for the $20 card! Congrats to both of you.

We will have to do something like this in the near future. Thanks again everyone for time and delivering quality opinions!

Last edited: