Conception 2 comes out Monday

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Nope, first one was Japan only. I have had the US version of this pre ordered for a while though (since its digital only for PAL). Very keen to get it!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I played the demo on my 3DS XL. Not excited for it, personally.

You have two teenagers and nine children all separated into a total of four teams to control in battle. It is similar to Persona since you're exploring the different floors of a particular dungeon, running up to monsters to initiate battles but you can choose from which side to attack and choosing wrong may leave you vulnerable to stronger attacks. I thought this was a little confusing because attacking their weak point didn't do much, if anything, to fill up your gauge.

I also can't get over how weird the art looks when animated during conversations. It's very floaty. I prefer the static approach in Persona 3 and 4.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Black, post: 6328373]I played the demo on my 3DS XL. Not excited for it, personally.

You have two teenagers and nine children all separated into a total of four teams to control in battle. It is similar to Persona since you're exploring the different floors of a particular dungeon, running up to monsters to initiate battles but you can choose from which side to attack and choosing wrong may leave you vulnerable to stronger attacks. I thought this was a little confusing because attacking their weak point didn't do much, if anything, to fill up your gauge.

I also can't get over how weird the art looks when animated during conversations. It's very floaty. I prefer the static approach in Persona 3 and 4.[/QUOTE]

Danganronpa had an unusual art style as well. All the characters were like cardboard cutouts.....all 2D (making Hifumi's comments a bit ironic, if you have played it). Also, I thought I was going to hate the gameplay in Danganronpa, but once I got used to it, I really enjoyed it. I'll keep an open mind for Conception 2. Spike Chunsoft hasn't disappointed me so far.

DarkVincent07

Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6328389]Danganronpa had an unusual art style as well. All the characters were like cardboard cutouts.....all 2D (making Hifumi's comments a bit ironic, if you have played it). Also, I thought I was going to hate the gameplay in Danganronpa, but once I got used to it, I really enjoyed it. I'll keep an open mind for Conception 2. Spike Chunsoft hasn't disappointed me so far.[/QUOTE]

haha only just thought about this. Playing the game now, 6h in on Chapter 2 and loving it.

Also Conception 2 has been shipped! Who knows when I'll get it though haha

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 6328735]haha only just thought about this. Playing the game now, 6h in on Chapter 2 and loving it.

Also Conception 2 has been shipped! Who knows when I'll get it though haha[/QUOTE]

Ha! I'll stop bitching about having to wait until tomorrow then. :p

Lasombra

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
Oct 3, 2012
Nagoya, Japan
I'm down for reviewing it. Just waiting on Atlus to send out code. Its Atlus, aka Persona, so the story is what intrigues me. It shouldn't be the standard harem-esque game with them publishing it.

DarkVincent07

Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Lasombra, post: 6328820]I'm down for reviewing it. Just waiting on Atlus to send out code. Its Atlus, aka Persona, so the story is what intrigues me. It shouldn't be the standard harem-esque game with them publishing it.[/QUOTE]

Nope

Lasombra

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
Oct 3, 2012
Nagoya, Japan
At least he asked permission instead of saying "Hey bro, I knocked up your sis to save the world. Major props."

[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 6328823]Nope

[/QUOTE]

Dec 22, 2013
According to "http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41749/USA" ,Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (PSV) is the No.4 of the best selling games in the USA Weekly Games Chart this week.

which means "Sony" we need more games to be successful there like japan.

if you (sony) keep releasing more Games for PSV,it could sell more hardwares there.

Take a lesson from the Marketing.