Confirmed: Pictures surface of Logitech G29!

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005

This could be the new PS4 Logitech G29 racing wheel perfect for giving us the racing experience on Sony’s latest console.Thanks to leaked photos and documentation, we could be getting our first look at the new Logitech wheel for PS4.
This could be the first of Logitech’s new steering wheels for the latest generation of consoles and the replacement for its popular Logitech G27.
The leaked documentation and photos came courtesy of website MaxConsole via a tipster, who suggests that the Logitech G29 Driving Force is real and is coming soon.
The documentation states that the approval certification came through on May 7, 2015 for the Logitech G29 after it has undergone the final testing.
As you can see from the images above and below, the wheel carries Logitech branding and a prominent Playstation button near the bottom of the wheel’s central hub.
Related: PS4 vs Xbox One
It looks to have the same high quality feel of the previous high-end Logitech wheels, but the front has many of the features found on the Driving Force GT.
The Driving Force GT was a special model introduced for console owners, so this might be a PlayStation exclusive with Xbox One and PC versions to come at a later date.
At present there are very limited options for Xbox One and PS4 owners looking to buy a new racing wheel.
The PS4 has the Thrustmaster T80, Thrustmaster T300 GTE and Thrustmaster T300 RS and it’s also compatible with select older wheels from the manufacturer.
You can’t get any for the Xbox One at the moment, which is partly down to the fact Microsoft created a brand new protocol for game controllers and input devices.
Microsoft’s latest console isn’t compatible with any of the devices that use the XInput protocol for the Xbox 360.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/is-this-the-new-ps4-logitech-g29-racing-wheel#XLW2t6MMzDE3OHi8.99

Lookin good! E3 is gonna be on fire this year :)

Last edited:

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Why does this look fake to me?
Logitech lost a big sum of money in Q3 of FY2013 and stopped making console peripherals.

I could see a new wheel appear, but seeing it has the Playstation buttons on it.. Seems a bit off to me.
Especially as Logitech would not put buttons on there from just 1 console, they'd have general buttons instead..

EDIT: Could be they'll release a G29 wheel, but solely for PS4 though.. Else they wouldn't have PS4 layout-buttons all over the wheel (L2, L3, R2, R3...).

Also, there's 2 images out of this;

I don't know about you guys, but if you compare them, there's clearly a difference about the logo.
Also a box with the word 'Shifter' in the back of one of the pictures.
I don't know, Seeing the logo is different but the rest of the wheel seems the same, I think the bottom one's a fake or a mockup? Maybe a prop, I don't know.
Though, if the picture is real I'm quite sure this'll be a PS4 wheel only due to the layout of PS4 buttons (shareplay, PS button, option)

Last edited:

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Looks like a very good con-job or a very different route for Logitech.

I wonder what's keeping them away from Xbox this generation? Licensing?

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6447608]It's real and if priced right, I'm buying it. Now they need to support the g27[/QUOTE]
Looking at the rumor being a wheel with all PS4 controls, I don't think they'll support the G27. They'll probably release this wheel instead.
Shame, but true, probably just for the money. If not, they could just make a damn USB adapter.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="MjW, post: 6447655]But surely GT7 will support older wheels like the G27?[/QUOTE]
What's the use of having support for a wheel that isn't even supported by the console itself..? :lol:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="WaxWeazle, post: 6447660]What's the use of having support for a wheel that isn't even supported by the console itself..? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I thought maybe they could include the necessary files in the game itself. So all the wheels GT6 supported were actually work done by Sony?

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
The G27 and older wheels won't work on the latest XB1/PS4 consoles because both of them have DRM BIOS. This stops common peripherals from working, they already started that trend with the XB360 which is why there were hardly any 3rd party controllers for the system.

Each of the peripherals nowadays require a BIOS themselves in order for them to talk to the consoles respectively. Ever wondered why the older wheels either supported the PS3 or the XB360 but never both at the same time? Now you know. It's the reason why Logitech were pissed off so much and refused to make any further gamepads/wheels for the consoles. The only reason I can see Logitech making a new wheel is if they are being sponsored by Sony to make one especially for GT7.

With the G27 having no BIOS, there is no firmware to flash in order for it to work on the consoles. I've already tried my Logitech Driving Force Pro and I've had no luck getting it to work. Besides if these pictures are true, it looks like Logitech are cheaping out and simply rehashing the Driving Force GT wheel with no effort to making it better at all.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Don't be so hasty getting rid of it, keep it until you get a new wheel because you never know if there's something that might get it to work on the PS4.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6447974]Don't be so hasty getting rid of it, keep it until you get a new wheel because you never know if there's something that might get it to work on the PS4.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm still hoping somewhere that they might just make an adapter for in between the G27 and the PS4.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Well I've just had 4 hours of non-stop Project CARS gaming with a T300RS + T3PA pedals and... words can't describe it - seriously if Thrustmaster has a wheel that feels this real then Logitech really need to bring something out that's spectacular!

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
I just want my Driving Force Pro to work on the PS4. I ain't gettin some new wheel even though my existing one works fine. Hopefully there's an adapter soon.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
I hope so too but I honestly started to think that, seeing the G29's being rumored, that they'll rather release a new PS4 exclusive wheel and push aside the G27.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
Looks like a nice racing wheel. The G29 will go well with the pinnacle of racing simulation, Gran Turismo 7 and the runner up, Project Cars. Can't wait.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="WaxWeazle, post: 6449223]I hope so too but I honestly started to think that, seeing the G29's being rumored, that they'll rather release a new PS4 exclusive wheel and push aside the G27.[/QUOTE]

If G29 is their aforementioned solution to the problem G27 owners are facing, then it's one crappy solution.

Last edited:

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
[QUOTE="TDbank24, post: 6449321]...the pinnacle of racing simulation, Gran Turismo 7...[/QUOTE]

I wish people would stop saying this, the GT series is a driving simulator and it's far from the pinnacle. They're amazing games, granted, but it's a far cry from a racing simulator. Plus GT7 isn't even released yet let alone announced yet!

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
It comes with no separate shifter and it costs the same as the T300RS. The only difference in this case is that the T300RS pedals are naff and you can't purchase the T3PA Pro pedals anywhere currently, but the wheel motors are stunning in the T300RS. The G29 however is supposedly mimicking the system in the T300RS so it would be interesting to try out. I wonder if I might be able to review the wheel and compare it. Would love to try it out for sure.

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
[QUOTE="TDbank24, post: 6449321]Looks like a nice racing wheel. The G29 will go well with the pinnacle of racing simulation, Gran Turismo 7 and the runner up, Project Cars. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but Gran Turismo "the pinnacle of racing simulation" I doubt its even in the top 8 racing simulators to call it the Pinnacle is laughable.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
The pinnacle of driving simulation. There, I fixed it. Move on. We all know Gran Turismo isn't a good racing simulation. Driving physics though? Minus tire physics? It's up on top.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6451867]It comes with no separate shifter and it costs the same as the T300RS. The only difference in this case is that the T300RS pedals are naff and you can't purchase the T3PA Pro pedals anywhere currently, but the wheel motors are stunning in the T300RS. The G29 however is supposedly mimicking the system in the T300RS so it would be interesting to try out. I wonder if I might be able to review the wheel and compare it. Would love to try it out for sure.[/QUOTE]
That would rock! Keep us in the loop :)