Connection Timed Out - I'm Getting Tired of Nobody Answering Me

T

TheN1Armyguy

Well the other day, there was a lightning storm here in Arizona. It killed my cable so I didn't have the internet or the TV for the rest of the day. Then the next day they fixed it. My other computer is running the internet from a wireless connection by a Belkin USB N adapter. The internet for that computer (that I am on) is working perfectly fine with the internet, but, when I try to log in to the PlayStation Network on the PlayStation 3, it says "connection timed out". So I performed an internet connection test and here is what I got. I noticed that the signal strength is between 60% and 70%, but I think I remember it being 80% to 90%.

(Thumbnail)

My iTunes also says "connection timed out" when I try accessing the store. And again, my PSP works fine and so does my upstairs computer.

(Thumbnail)

I don't even know what connection timed out means but can somebody please help me? :confused:

Thanks in advance. I hope someone can help me soon. :cry:

Edit: My PlayStation 3 can go onto the internet, but it still cannot access the PlayStation Network.

Nstriker20

Forum Elder
Jul 24, 2005
www.ps3forums.com
Connection timed out means that you sent information out to the internet but you did not receive any response back. MY suggestion is reboot your entire system including your router, cable modem, and also restart your PS3. That should solve your problem.

hardcandy2

Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Nstriker20, post: 0]Connection timed out means that you sent information out to the internet but you did not receive any response back. MY suggestion is reboot your entire system including your router, cable modem, and also restart your PS3. That should solve your problem.[/quote]
And if it does not, try setting up the connection on the PS3 again from Step 1. And if that does not work, try hooking the PS3 up with a ethernet cable to the Belkin or your cable or dsl modem. and see if it works.
And if you do not know anything about networking go to http://compnetworking.about.com/od/homenetworking/a/routernetworks.htm and read up on the basics.

T

TheN1Armyguy

So far I have disconnected my router for 10 minutes and reconnected it, and yet that didn't work. My iTunes Store still isn't working either.

hardcandy2

Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
[QUOTE="TheN1Armyguy, post: 0]So far I have disconnected my router for 10 minutes and reconnected it, and yet that didn't work. My iTunes Store still isn't working either.[/quote]
Shut down everything, the router, the Belkin, the PS3. Then start with the cable/dsl modem/router, then the Belkin, then the PS3 and start them one at a time until the all the lights are on each one.

TAGPriest

Apprentice
May 16, 2007
groups.msn.com
Hard line reset all, Modem Router, UNPLUG EVERYTHING! all the cables so you can deaden them. Yes their is still data in the cables while they are plugged in. I bet that that works. And if not tell your cable service provider you need a new modem.

ShakaDaBing

Superior Member
Apr 6, 2007
There are alot of things that could interfer with your wifi. Microwaves, 2.4ghz phones etc etc. Being that it is just now a problem for you I would call my cable company and explain it to them. It seems as if the storm affected your signal. Call them, tell them to fix it or you want credit to your bill for being with out the service you pay for. I got my first month cable bill waved with an additional $50 credit. I also received a $20 credit for my sisters account when the cable guy was not there on time to hook up her HD service. You just have to be polite and explain that you are paying for a service you are not recieving. If that comapny cares they will atleast send someone out asap, if not give you a credit for not being able to use the service you pay for.

T

TheN1Armyguy

It still is having problems. I found out that some of the TV channels do not load or are just very bad, pixelized, etc. I believe that it is my cable. My dad said he will contact our cable company tomorrow.

[QUOTE="TheN1Armyguy, post: 0]It still is having problems. I found out that some of the TV channels do not load or are just very bad, pixelized, etc. I believe that it is my cable. My dad said he will contact our cable company tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Definitely an indication that it's your service provider. BTW, interesting to note that you're seeing 60-70% signal on your PS3 wireless. I was just using my normal wireless router and while my laptop has 98% signal strength just 5 feet from the PS3, the PS3 itself was saying 70-75%. I had to kind of move it around to up it abit. I think the internal wireless antenna is probably shielded somehow due to the design of the cabinet or something.

Well, hope your provider is able to fix your signal problem! That sure can be frustrating.