Content License transfer

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk
As I have a 360 again, I've tried completing the content license transfer on their website, but it's been broken since the maintenance back beginning/middle of June. I've tried calling up support several times and they always claim that their system is 'temporarily down'.

Has anyone recently [last month ish] completed their content license transfer?

I have maybe £150 worth of content I'm currently unable to use as my internet's down at the moment, including my Mass Effect save which relies on the 'Bringing down the Sky' package and it's irritating.

AsuraOkami

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2009
Ivalice
I have for a friend of mine and no problems, all i did was sign into his account on xbox.com did the license transfer to his xbox360 and then(if i remember correctly)it says you can know download all your content onto whatever console you are using. How recently did this happen, because it should be working, if anything try a different time.

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]Yes, I have actually. Everything switched over and worked perfectly for me. Are you going to the correct webpage?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/default.htm

If it still does not work for you, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be you've switched your content over within the past year already, and it will not allow you to do it again.[/quote]
Hi Rapture, good to see you.

Yeah, although I'm going to the UK one as the US one throws up a no permission page for me.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/

If I click on the "Start the license transfer process now" I get a page unavailable.

I'm also unable to purchase anything on the XBLM via xbox.com as I also get page unavailable since the maintenance. Has anyone else got the issue or is it something to do with my account?

R

Rapture

I honestly have no idea then. I could access both that link and the XBLM on Xbox.com with no problems. My guess would be the region you live in, could be the issue?

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]I honestly have no idea then. I could access both that lnik and the XBLM on Xbox.com with no problems. My guess would be the region you live in, could be the issue?[/quote]
So it's either my account or region based. Hmmm.

Anyone else in the UK tried it? Or do you mind checking if this works for you when you click on 'Start'?

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk
[QUOTE="Spunky Ninja, post: 0]Contact Xbox support and bust their balls. XD[/quote]

[QUOTE="carocat, post: 0]I've tried calling up support several times and they always claim that their system is 'temporarily down'.[/quote]
Been there, done that. Called up again yesterday, wouldn't even take my name as he said system's down again.