Copying add on loop (help)

Mar 23, 2020
I’m trying to play call of duty and it keeps saying it’s copying an add on but when it’s almost finished it resets and starts over. Please help me with this problem I have tried many things and nothing has worked.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Yes, this is a known issue for some people. Activision did release some steps you can take to fix it, but I've read that some people say it doesn't fix it for them and the continue to get the issue. It's worth a try though:

https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare/articles/update-loop-in-call-of-duty--modern-warfare

Someone posted on Reddit yesterday that these steps worked for them:
This worked for me:

Put the PS4 in safe mode and rebuild database, once you’ve done that and try to download the game again you’ll see it’s copying the file while simultaneously trying to download an update file, all I did was pause the update file and start the copying again, then resumed the update file when the copying (finally) finished

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Bummer! The only poor consolation I can give you is that it appears to be a wide spread issue and so hopefully either Activision will fix this in a patch update, or some other workarounds will appear on the Net at some point. Very annoying though.