Crackdown 3 Review Thread

Jun 4, 2007

Oh my gollys:eek:. I am shocked. I wasn't expecting GOTY material but the low 60's, Phil? I'm really shocked. I thought it would average around 75 at least. Phil's dream of sitting this title next to Gears, Forza and Halo are crushed.

Metascore: 60

Windows Central 3/5
Crackdown 3 just doesn't meet contemporary standards as a premium $60 title, with dated visuals, thin gameplay features, and an under-delivered story. There are too many open world superhero-style games that simply do it better. That said, it's not a bad game, by any means. To enjoy Crackdown 3, you probably need to be the type of person who really likes basic sandbox mayhem, because that's effectively all Crackdown 3 has (and wants) to offer.
Vendal 75
Crackdown is back with a fun game that ends up being quite repetitive. Sumo Digital has done a great job finishing this title, but we expected a more evolved concept after so many years. The Wrecking Zone, at the moment, is pretty much a proof of concept, and we hope this multiplayer mode grows with future updates.
MondoXbox 70
Crackdown 3 nails the increased sense of power while evolving our agents and it's got satisfying combat and platforming, but it feels too outdated, or maybe underdeveloped, in many areas. Its forgettable multiplayer component doesn't help either.
Telegraph 3/5
Just don’t expect to come away with any fond memories or exciting stories to tell. You jump around collecting orbs, you shoot things and they blow up. And that’s it. But sometimes, that’s enough.
Attack Of The Fanboy 3/5
Short and not very good, Crackdown 3 has few things to point to as reasons to exist. Sumo Digital did very little with the 2007 formula to usher the series into 2019. While it’s hard to recommend anyone taking the plunge for the full, new game price, the fact that the game will launch into Xbox Game Pass is going to make it tolerable and accessible for most. As something that comes free with your subscription to the service, it might be worth seeing the short campaign, but there just doesn’t seem to be enough game and good enough content to warrant experiencing this release any other way.
Screen Rant 50
Crackdown 3 is an Xbox 360 game pretending to belong in the current console generation.
Jeuxvideo.com 50
Unfortunately, Sumo Digital's game suffers from many technical weaknesses that betray its origins, and a game-design that's too limited, which struggles to captivate past the first hours of discovery.

Posted before the excuses starts flying

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I am not expecting much from this game. But it is free since I do have the game pass. So I will give it a go and see if I enjoy it.

Jun 4, 2007
It's going to fail with sales. It'll have a high gamepass count. That's why MS will announce how many people played the game instead of sales. Gamepass is on sale currently. You get 2 months for $2.

The next big exclusive outside of Halo, forza and Gears will have a lot of pressure on its shoulders. It has to score very well or the image of MS's exclusives won't change.

Titles like Crackdown 3 is why the xbox is only moving 6 million consoles a year.

Last edited:

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I've played it a bit this morning. It isn't a bad game. Certainly not great. Just some mindless fun. I'd give it a 7 so far. Having said that.....I don't think it is worth $60 but a good deal on Game Pass.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I am actually enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. I also LOVED the beginning intro to the game. I am uploading some of my game play to YouTube right now.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Game is a ton of fun! I am about 2/3 of the way through. It’s so addictive. I haven’t had this much fun in ages.
It starts out slow but gets better when you start leveling up. Im enjoying the campaign. It's not great but definitely not a bad game. If you liked the original Crackdown you will probably enjoy this one. I liked that intro too. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet. I'm probably about the midway point in the campaign. If I had to score it I would give it a 7.5 . My gamepass subscription is paying off big time.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I beat the main campaign and now I am doing some clean up. I missed the survive the final lockdown achievement unfortunately. The game absolutely gets better the more you play. I can triple jump and do 2 air bursts. Got gold on all the rooftop races.

I absolutely love the gun you get at the end of the game. Shoots a portal that sucks everything in to an abyss. There is a grenade that also does this.

The controls sometimes piss me off to no end though. Precision platform jumping with these floaty controls make for some really pissed off moments.

Jan 19, 2018
It starts out slow but gets better when you start leveling up. Im enjoying the campaign. It's not great but definitely not a bad game. If you liked the original Crackdown you will probably enjoy this one. I liked that intro too. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet. I'm probably about the midway point in the campaign. If I had to score it I would give it a 7.5 . My gamepass subscription is paying off big time.
I am stuck on one of the bosses right now :(

Jun 4, 2007
I don't care about sales.
To NOT care about sales and hope for a sequel is pretty silly.

Your best hope is for MS to not determine what gets a sequels based on individual game sales anymore. Otherwise this ends up being another Ryse, Alan Wake, Sunset Overdrive, ect. situation.

Last edited: