Crackdown 3 will launch in February 2019, more info to arrive at E3

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
"Our fans' response to the signature antics and explosive gameplay of "Crackdown 3" has been incredible. To ensure we deliver the experience they deserve, "Crackdown 3" will be launching in Feb 2019. We look forward to sharing more on "Crackdown 3" this Sunday during the Xbox E3 2018 briefing."
source

I smell a masterpiece being cooked up. 5 years in the oven with cloud powered destruction in its mp. This should turn out great with MS's leadership and financial backing. They finally gave a developer time instead of canceling their game or releasing it too soon. I can't wait. Is anyone else hyped? This just fills me with joy while thinking about how MS manages studios outside of halo gears and forza. I'm very confident they're going to start releasing bar raising i.p's with these new studios they're building/buying.

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad. - Shigeru Miyamoto. Now that's something to really take into consideration:unsure:

Last edited:

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Well.....the last showing of the game was pretty horrific. Hope they have had enough time to work out the "physics" problem.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
MS were fools to let people play that demo.

Phil Spencer talking too much strikes again. Crackdown 3 was already under the microscope due to its multiplayer. The delays added to the pressure. Then Phil went and put a cherry on the top all because he wanted to comment about lack of masterpieces. What was Phil's main reason for the lack of masterpieces on the xbone? It was time. Crackdown 3 will have 5 years under its belt by the time it's released. It has a lot of expectations to live up to now.

Every game released can't and won't be a masterpiece. Is it fair to have these expectations with Crackdown 3? I think that it is fair given the severe lack of great/masterpieces on the xbone. Trying to argue that they do have them is rather pointless due to the simple fact that Phil wouldn't have commented about masterpieces if the problem didn't exist.

I guess we'll find out if the delays were time well spent in a couple of days.

Last edited:
R

Rush3d

Phil Spencer talking too much strikes again. Crackdown 3 was already under the microscope due to its multiplayer. The delays added to the pressure. Then Phil went and put a cherry on the top all because he wanted to comment about lack of masterpieces. What was Phil's main reason for the lack of masterpieces on the xbone? It was time. Crackdown 3 will have 5 years under its belt by the time it's released. It has a lot of expectations to live up to now.

Every game released can't and won't be a masterpiece. Is it fair to have these expectations with Crackdown 3? I think that it is fair given the severe lack of great/masterpieces on the xbone. Trying to argue that they do have them is rather pointless due to the simple fact that Phil wouldn't have commented about masterpieces if the problem didn't exist.

Five years since it was announced to the public. It's probably been in development longer than that.

May 20, 2008

Using “masterpiece” to describe a game is just a matter of opinion. As for Crackdown, if gamers can wait over 10 years for the Last Guardian, then surely they can wait for this game.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
The game is going to bomb. It will fail as bad as Sea of Thieves.

Crackdown will be shown at E3 for like the 5th straight year lol

May 20, 2008

Hmmmm! It could bomb or maybe not. Anything is possible I suppose. People thought SOD2 and Cuphead werent going to do as well as they did either.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007

They'll use gamepass instead of strictly sales to brag. That's how you'll know the game is bombing for sure. They were quick to give out pubg sold numbers.

hey, at least crackdown 3 will likely break the 69 average MS's exclusives have been racking up lately. They can't seem to do shit right outside of halo, gears and forza. A damn shame.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
They'll use gamepass instead of strictly sales to brag. That's how you'll know the game is bombing for sure. They were quick to give out pubg sold numbers.
I hope they put it on game pass. I’ll be right there playing it.?
And why not ? it’s a good successful service and a smart way to get more people to play the game. Imo it’s much better service than what the competition offers .
hey, at least crackdown 3 will likely break the 69 average MS's exclusives have been racking up lately. They can't seem to do shit right outside of halo, gears and forza. A damn shame.
At the end of the day it won’t matter. People are going to play where they want and what they want with or without metacritic.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Microsoft has already said all new MS published games will be on Game Pass so that will include Crackdown 3. I'll play it on PC myself since Game Pass works there as well for Play Anywhere games.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Sea of thieves hsnt bombed? Its fucking packed with players.
That game is a turd and it bombed. Packed with players playing it for free with game pass probably.

Hmmmm! It could bomb or maybe not. Anything is possible I suppose. People thought SOD2 and Cuphead werent going to do as well as they did either.
Nobody thought Cuphead would sell badly. It was always hyped and sold very well. And it was a good game.

May 20, 2008
That game is a turd and it bombed. Packed with players playing it for free with game pass probably.
Sea of Thieves has sold two million copies in just a week. In an announcement from Craig Duncan, studio head at developer Rare Ltd confirmed the numbers, as well as revealing several more stats about the game’s success.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/sea-of-thieves/sea-of-thieves-fastest-selling-ip
And those numbers don't include game pass. Not the greatest sales but it definitely didn't bomb. I guess you guys thought Microsoft was lying when they said that the game was doing well.

Nobody thought Cuphead would sell badly. It was always hyped and sold very well. And it was a good game.
lol..thats not true. And I never said people said it would sell badly but it did pass expectations. How can you say cuphead sold very well and SOT didn't when they both are double platinum games. Makes no sense to me.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
And those numbers don't include game pass. Not the greatest sales but it definitely didn't bomb. I guess you guys thought Microsoft was lying when they said that the game was doing well.
That article isn't accurate. Craig Duncan stated this: "our community continues to grow and now has more than two million players." Not sales.....players. That does include Game Pass. What is not counted using Game Pass is the "fastest" selling new IP this generation" statement. Per Aaron Greenberg:

Two different things. Number of players and fastest selling new IP.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03/28/community-thank-you-sea-of-thieves/

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
That article isn't accurate. Craig Duncan stated this: "our community continues to grow and now has more than two million players." Not sales.....players. That does include Game Pass. What is not counted using Game Pass is the "fastest" selling new IP this generation" statement. Per Aaron Greenberg:

Doubt that any of these is an issue so long as they both go platinum. Not getting either.

May 20, 2008

Sea of Thieves was the second best-selling game of March, and is the eighth best-selling game of 2018 year to date,” he continued. “Sea of Thieves generated the highest launch month sales for any title produced by developer Rare since tracking by The NPD Group began in 1995.”
The top 10 games in the United States for the month of March 2018 are as follows:

1. Far Cry 5
  2. Sea Of Thieves
  3. MLB 18: The Show
  4. Kirby Star Allies*
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Call of Duty: WWII
  7. Mario Kart 8*
  8. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  9. NBA 2K18
  10. Monster Hunter: World
NPD doesn't report fastest selling. Also SOT is on the top 10 list for best selling games this year.

Rare Ltd has announced that their latest multiplayer swashbucking title Sea of Thieves has sold over 2 million copies since its March 20, 2018 release.

These result were enough to make Sea of Thieves the best selling first-party title from Microsoft this generation. The 2 million sales number include both Xbox One and PC versions, but does not include players who accessed the game through Microsoft's gamepass service.

Microsoft says Sea of Thieves sold well, even without counting Game Pass copies

, Microsoft has hailed Sea of Thieves as both its “fastest-selling first-party new IP of this generation” and the "best-selling Microsoft Studios first-party title on Windows 10," later noting that that praise is without counting the copies of the game given away through Game Pass.
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...ll_even_without_counting_Game_Pass_copies.php
Now im not saying the game is burning up the charts but saying it bombed is highly inaccurate. Especially when you look at the numbers reported for other games in that NPD list.

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
The top 10 games in the United States for the month of March 2018 are as follows:

1. Far Cry 5
  2. Sea Of Thieves
  4. Kirby Star Allies*
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. Mario Kart 8*
  9. NBA 2K18
NPD doesn't report fastest selling. Also SOT is on the top 10 list for best selling games this year.

Now im not saying the game is burning up the charts but saying it bombed is highly inaccurate. Especially when you look at the numbers reported for other games in that NPD list.
I do not know why people scoff at game pass. It is going to be the way for MS and Sony to go in the future. It gets rid of so many things like packaging, transport, retailer sales and you have the potential to earn £120 a year off each consumer. If you were to get a base of 10 million users in, you would be looking at a billion. Given that some of those earnings would be going to third parties, it still forms a fantastic platform for these companies to guarantee revenue (which is the only thing they are looking at).

I am not getting any of those games, but I hope they do well enough for MS to try and justify better games from Undead Labs, and possibly better from Rare in the future.

May 20, 2008
I do not know why people scoff at game pass. It is going to be the way for MS and Sony to go in the future. It gets rid of so many things like packaging, transport, retailer sales and you have the potential to earn £120 a year off each consumer. If you were to get a base of 10 million users in, you would be looking at a billion. Given that some of those earnings would be going to third parties, it still forms a fantastic platform for these companies to guarantee revenue (which is the only thing they are looking at).

I am not getting any of those games, but I hope they do well enough for MS to try and justify better games from Undead Labs, and possibly better from Rare in the future.
yep...and now every time they release a game on game pass its gonna have that stigma of "are those numbers sold or does it include game pass"..lol But yea, I do agree its a really good platform for companies to make money.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
yep...and now every time they release a game on game pass its gonna have that stigma of "are those numbers sold or does it include game pass"..lol But yea, I do agree its a really good platform for companies to make money.
It is where tech is going to be honest. At the start of this generation it was not something so big, but look at the explosion of streaming services and how they are becoming common place. Netflix is the biggest, but you have the likes of Hulu, Amazon not far off, and these have apps that come installed with television sets. Youtube is also venturing there with Youtube TV at a cost of £40 a month. In music you have Spotify and Deezer.

Physical copy sales will not die because internet penetration is not ubiquitous even in the US, but as more and more people get stable internet connection, this is going to be the way to go. Combine that with Xbox Live and what they charge for that service and Microsoft will be making a tonne of money just off their online business.

In some ways, they are ahead of the curve, just as they were when they wanted to have a gaming console that could act as a media hub going forward. It is too bad that some people could not see that at the announcement, or that having some of these options were in no way going to diminish its use as a console.

Last edited:

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Well, it doesn't really matter. Looking at SoT, one could say it is impressive that it made the charts despite being available on Game Pass. Obviously, Microsoft is just as happy with folks downloading games like Crackdown 3 via GP or they wouldn't make it available day one. So sales numbers are definitely going to be skewed but for a service like this it is less relevant as acryllicaltair points out.

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006

1. Far Cry 5
  2. Sea Of Thieves
  4. Kirby Star Allies*
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. Mario Kart 8*
  9. NBA 2K18
Overall, MLB 18: The Show probably made Sony more money than Sea of Thieves did Microsoft though, since you don't have to pay full price to play new Xbox One exclusives.

Jun 4, 2007
Overall, MLB 18: The Show probably made Sony more money than Sea of Thieves did Microsoft though, since you don't have to pay full price to play new Xbox One exclusives.
MLB the show stayed at number 3 the next month. Sea of thieves dropped to 18. MLB the show sold more than SOT in NA.

May 20, 2008
It’s possible but I doubt it. I bet that MLB licensing doesn’t come cheap though. Sea of Thieves will probably bring in more money for MS over time because of the game pass subscriptions. The show really isn’t one of sony’s best selling exclusives but I will admit it’s something I wish Xbox had since I’m a baseball fan.

H

Hedon

Did they show more of it than the trailer? I want to know about its multiplayer. I guess they'll wait until gamescom to reveal it or maybe Gameinformer.
I haven't seen anymore other than the trailer they showed. It just looked cool. I want to hear more about the MP too!