Crimson Gem Saga Reviews (added meta)

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
I was looking for some reviews seeing as how I wanted to purchase the game.

Things were silent though (odd) so I decided to search for em.

The reviews I have found so far.

Gamespot: 5/10
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/garnetchronicle/review.html

Gamepro: 4/5
http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210425/crimson-gem-saga-page-1-of-3/

Smashpad: 7.5
http://blog.gamer20.com/2009/05/review-crimson-gem-saga-ps/

Gamertell : 90/100, A-
http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/gamertell-review-crimson-gem-saga-for-psp/

Considering I do not really trust gamespot, this is shaping up to be a purchase.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/crimsongemsaga

Score of 76 (without GS it would have been 80)

Looks good. The verdict is that it is not innovative. It is just a very well done classic JRPG romp. My fears are put to rest and I am going to purchase this one. I hold IGN in high regaurd and a score of 84, is good enough for me.

Sieghardt

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
Aug 19, 2008
gamespot never ever EVER bother to play niche RPGs for more than an hour, then they just make stupid assumptions (Which are often hilariously false) Ignore their review entirely :)

jubeininja69

Elite Member
Jul 23, 2007
they need to hire guys that like RPGs. I mean if i like shooters and don't like RPGs and i have to review an RPG of course i will have a bias.

i would really go for user reviews instead.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="seebs, post: 4234979]I've had pretty good luck with Atlus RPGs. I'm currently playing Dark Spire and loving it.[/quote]

I have heard good stuff about that game. Especially the presentation.

My apprehension came from the developers, Sonnori..... who now call themselves IRONNOS Software. They are korean devs and I haven't always been won over by Krpgs, so despite its looks it is still a sequel to astonisha story (metacritic score of 48) so I had my doubts.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="ArminvanBuuren, post: 0]I bought this game today. It reminds me of Lunar The Silver Star and Star Ocean The First Departure.[/quote]

Sounds good. I haven't started this yet because of me trying to wrap up jeanne d'arc. But I am going to be playing crimson next week along with class of heroes.

Jul 9, 2007
This is a very good game. The graphics are well drawn and look gorgeous (and apparently developed specifically for the PSP). The character customisation has a lot of depth and quite a few different skills that you can gain. The characters you have in your group are well defined and appealing. The story is intreresting, although a little hackneyed (eh, so what's new there?). The game itself feels a little short (I would say around 25-30 hours), but being fun seems even shorter. Overall, I consider this one of the best RPGs on the PSP, and would recommend anyone to buy it.

daevv

The Mega Man
May 28, 2007
Newfoundland!
I've had it for a little while now, I just wish I had more time to play it. The have the great Final Fantasy I and II as well but other than starting them haven't played much. :(

~d

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
I just started. It is extremely straight forward and enjoyable so far. The mechanics do not seem very complicated. Anyone who is a JRPG fan will know how to handle this game in a very short amount of time.

BlacJack

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2007
UK
[QUOTE="jubeininja69, post: 0]it was always good. you were not just there from the start.[/quote]

Uh, the PSP had nothing but crappy RPGs until 2007.

YaTwice

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2008
USA
i'm enjoying the game so far, the battles can get addicting :)

who else gets annoyed when they try to sneak up on enemies only to see them do a 180% turn and catch you with the red ! haha xD
sneak fail.

Alpha2

Elite Guru
Mar 3, 2007
I'm surprised IGN actually managed a review that doesnt suck... though it looks like Gamespot managed to corner the market on suck instead.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="YaTwice, post: 0]i'm enjoying the game so far, the battles can get addicting :)

who else gets annoyed when they try to sneak up on enemies only to see them do a 180% turn and catch you with the red ! haha xD
sneak fail.[/quote]

I hate that. Lol. Especially because you think you got them until the very last moment. :2gun::shock:

BlacJack

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2007
UK
[QUOTE="jubeininja69, post: 0]uh, those RPG's were pretty good to me.[/quote]

uh, so good you couldn't name any? Most of them were flat out broken, then you had a few that were ok. No real great RPG that you would need to grab a PSP for that's for sure. Not in the early days anyway.

Dec 22, 2007
[QUOTE="BlacJack, post: 0]uh, so good you couldn't name any? Most of them were flat out broken, then you had a few that were ok. No real great RPG that you would need to grab a PSP for that's for sure. Not in the early days anyway.[/quote]

Well i partly agree with what u say nack there.

Most of the PSP games are usely classic look or just enhancement from it.

Tho i have about 19 PSP games an out of them all.
5 RPG 4 of them are classic such as Valkrie Profile & The Legend of Heroes 1 aka TLoH 4, 2 aka TLoH 3, 3 aka TLoH 5.
6 SRPG
8 others such as sport/action/side scroll n so on.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
I have to agree. I wasn't very happy with the RPG selection at first. Also being in the US meant missing out on that tales title. Which would have made me happier.

Mar 8, 2008
I want this game but I'm flat broke. Probably sell some used textbooks for the money, shame trading in education for entertainment. But Iwant this game.