Critter Crunch = Awesome

Jan 13, 2006
United States
As the title says, Critter Crunch is awesome. It is a very simple pick-up and play puzzle PSN game.

It has online and local multiplayer. It also has a host of other modes besides adventure.

I can't believe no one is talking about this game.

Now let me get to the best part. GRAPHICS

For a mere $7.00, this game has graphics that can rival most full disk releases. It looks like a freaking cartoon. How I wish devs would start to make 2D platformers, fighters, and adventure games with graphics like these!

Did anyone else out there get this game? Opinions?

Jan 13, 2006
United States
Guess no one but you and I care about this game, Azu.

It's a shame really.

I can only imagine if King of Fighters had graphics as smooth as these. 2D could revive in a big way.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
We need to post some HD-glory to this thread, maybe people will notice this then. Here's some:

EDIT: I'll do an official Critter Crunch thread, maybe that'll get people interested.

R

Rapture

I like the graphics and art style. But the gameplay doesn't look like my cup of tea.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]I like the graphics and art style. But the gameplay doesn't look like my cup of tea.[/quote]
You should definitely give the upcoming demo a try when it hits PS Store (within a week or two, according to devs). Who knows, maybe you'll love it.

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
I bought it from the US store, I love this game. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is simple but perfect. This is a must have!

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]I like the graphics and art style. But the gameplay doesn't look like my cup of tea.[/quote]

It is a great complement to our normal ultra serious games. It is very simple and fun.

+rep for the pics Azu. I didn't have time to post them. Still at work. :sad:

Sep 7, 2008
It does look very good, the art style and visuals are extremely impressive. Although im going to wait for the demo just make sure I enjoy the gameplay.

Hedrush

Elite Guru
Mar 21, 2007
www.headrush.org.uk
[QUOTE="Martijn_, post: 0]I bought it from the US store, I love this game. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is simple but perfect. This is a must have![/quote]

Ok :suspect:

Game looks ok tbh may have to pick it up and try it out. Looks like one of those games the missus will enjoy.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="Hedrush, post: 0]Ok :suspect:
[/quote]
It's the best-looking 2D game that's ever been released, as simple as that. It's fluid as hell with its 60fps framerate & hand-drawn animations AND it's running in native 1080p resolution. You can't get 2D better than this anywhere at the moment.

Hedrush

Elite Guru
Mar 21, 2007
www.headrush.org.uk
[QUOTE="Azu, post: 0]It's the best-looking 2D game that's ever been released, as simple as that. It's fluid as hell with its 60fps framerate & hand-drawn animations AND it's running in native 1080p resolution. You can't get 2D better than this anywhere at the moment.[/quote]

Yes it does look pretty good. Its just the amazing graphics comment that threw me.

I have since shown the other half a few gameplay trailers and it looks as tho it may be a buy. Looks as tho I`ll be enjoying some critter crunching with the missus. :lol:

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
I was making an official thread for the game (A FREAKIN' LENGTHY ONE!) and just when I was almost done (I was just browsing through youtube's trailers of the game), GoogleChrome decides to CRASH! :mad:

And no, while I could restore the tabs I had open at the time, it couldn't restore the page with the unposted thread stuff. It was just a blank page and no amount of refreshing or anything helped. :cry:

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
I watched a Youtube clip of this after I saw it on the store. Looks like a perfect game for my wife. I think I'm gonna get it in the next few days.

metalbeast

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2008
Definitely agree - picked this up yesterday, and having heaps of fun with it. The visuals are perfect - and the animations are very amusing :)

It's an awesome puzzle game, probably the best released so far on PSN.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="Sieghardt, post: 0]

felt the need to post this due to epic awesome :D[/quote]

:lol:

Awesome.

Favorites: Kratos, Killzone, Sweet Tooth, Snake, Okami, and Sackboy.

Devil

Master Poster
May 16, 2009
England
I honestly don't get what this game is about.

How do you play it, what are your objectives, and is there a story to it? Or is it just like a mobile game such as Tetris?