Critter Crunch = Awesome

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="L1nux K1ng, post: 0]I honestly don't get what this game is about.

How do you play it, what are your objectives, and is there a story to it? Or is it just like a mobile game such as Tetris?[/quote]

It is similar to tetris in that you have to clear the board. You have to feed smaller creatures to bigger creatures. Any creature that eats two smaller creatures will pop. If the same creatures are beside each other and one pops, it will set off a chain reaction and destroy the others. That is how you clear the board. The creatures are also dropping down the vines and you cant let them get to the bottom.

Other modes have you doing different things.

saint seya

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2007
i don't know if i want to get it.. i bought like 4 games last week.. and i'm thinking in ffvii.. but maybe i will get it anyway

Nov 22, 2008
I have a smaller version on my mobile phone, and it's really fun! I had no idea it was on the PSN.

I have a question, do you know how many levels there are, and if there are "puzzle levels" too?

If this version has more content than the mobile phone version, I might consider buying it.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="zach_b, post: 0]I have a smaller version on my mobile phone, and it's really fun! I had no idea it was on the PSN.

I have a question, do you know how many levels there are, and if there are "puzzle levels" too?

If this version has more content than the mobile phone version, I might consider buying it.[/quote]

Not sure how many levels it has, but you are on an island ala Super Mario landscape.

The game has:

Adventure
Puzzle
Survival
Challenges
Online versus (Co-op too I think.)
local multiplayer

I have the lite version on my Iphone so I'm not sure how the content is different.

It looks miles better that the Iphone in animations and graphics.

no1kevlin

Beware the Bomb-Head!
Mar 16, 2008
Really glad I got this. It is a beautiful game and quite fun too and they have priced it so low I defy anyone to not buy it!

[QUOTE="Azu, post: 0]I was making an official thread for the game (A FREAKIN' LENGTHY ONE!) and just when I was almost done (I was just browsing through youtube's trailers of the game), GoogleChrome decides to CRASH! :mad:

Fu Fu Fuuuu!

And no, while I could restore the tabs I had open at the time, it couldn't restore the page with the unposted thread stuff. It was just a blank page and no amount of refreshing or anything helped. :cry:[/quote]
[QUOTE="Hedrush, post: 0]^^ Thats why you should use FireFox ;)

Love that image tho :lol:[/quote] No, this is why you use Opera ;).

I will be the judge of this game when the demo comes out (it is coming out with a demo, right?).

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="The_One, post: 0]I will be the judge of this game when the demo comes out (it is coming out with a demo, right?).[/quote]

You know, that is a great question. When i purchased the game, there were two files.

One said demo, the other said full game unlock. For the life of me, I couldn't find the demo on the store by itself.

Strange. Maybe they planned a demo and then changed their minds? I don't know.

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
Buy this game NOW!!! Played some of it last night and it is amazing, its up there with the likes of pixel junk monsters, super stardust HD, Worms and Shatter. The game is worth it :)

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
Critter Crunch is AWESOME! Highly addicting, quick play....definitely a great casual game that is challenging and fun. I got it for my wife but I've already logged a few hours on it. Mixing it up with the puzzle games is a blast. I'm gonna have to get online one of these days.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="RawK_Solid, post: 0]Critter Crunch is AWESOME! Highly addicting, quick play....definitely a great casual game that is challenging and fun. I got it for my wife but I've already logged a few hours on it. Mixing it up with the puzzle games is a blast. I'm gonna have to get online one of these days.[/quote]

It gets real tough near the end. I'm on lvl 32. Vegetarians will get in your way, a lot! :lol:

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
[QUOTE="Kauldron, post: 0]It gets real tough near the end. I'm on lvl 32. Vegetarians will get in your way, a lot! :lol:[/quote]
Nice. I just got to the blockers (or whatever they're called...the rock guys). Just when you get comfortable with the levels, they throw a new curve in there. It really keeps the game fresh.

Dollar for dollar, this game is great.

Farside

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2008
www.pestgaming.com
Anyone love and absolutely hate this game at the same time?
I'm currently stuck on level 44. It's so friggen tough. I mean... it's over like 20 seconds after it starts. When I get a lucky start I can get the hunger meter half filled but always lose it shortly after... especially when I notice that I'm at halfway.
If it weren't so addicting I'd just give up at this point. :bang:

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
Alright, I just got done playing online versus multiplayer...and it's INTENSE! Crazy action all around. There's enough different elements going on that it makes it another unique experience from the Adventure mode. If you get frustrated with the adventure mode, try online versus.

Farside if you're up to 44, you could do some damage against some people.

Farside

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2008
www.pestgaming.com
[QUOTE="RawK_Solid, post: 0]If you get frustrated with the adventure mode, try online versus. [/quote]
Yea I really should check it out. I need to step away from Adventure for a lil bit.

Fun game though.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="Farside, post: 0]Anyone love and absolutely hate this game at the same time?
I'm currently stuck on level 44. It's so friggen tough. I mean... it's over like 20 seconds after it starts. When I get a lucky start I can get the hunger meter half filled but always lose it shortly after... especially when I notice that I'm at halfway.
If it weren't so addicting I'd just give up at this point. :bang:[/quote]

I'm on level 35 right now. Trying to get a combo is pretty hard. Tried completing the puzzle stage on that level, after about an hour, I gave up.

These last levels are not for the faint of heart.

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
I just beat the last level...Level 45! Whoohooo! What a pain in the arse! Now I gotta go back and fill up smalls to get my trophy and complete the other modes. I cannot believe how frustrating that game was.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="RawK_Solid, post: 0]I just beat the last level...Level 45! Whoohooo! What a pain in the arse! Now I gotta go back and fill up smalls to get my trophy and complete the other modes. I cannot believe how frustrating that game was.[/quote]

Gratz man. That is a feat. Some of those puzzle levels I just can't get.

Playing Uncharted 2 right now though. :snicker

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
[QUOTE="Kauldron, post: 0]Gratz man. That is a feat. Some of those puzzle levels I just can't get.

Playing Uncharted 2 right now though. :snicker[/quote]
Yup, I got U2 as well. Can't be bothered by CC anymore. :D