Crysis on xbox 360?

Feuerstarter

Superior Member
Apr 22, 2007
Doubtful. Crytek have in the past openly stated the don't intend Crysis to consoles any time soon at least, so it definitely won't be out this year. Also even if it did come out to consoles, it would most certainly go to PS3 (not sure if it will go to the 360 as well) as it has the Nvidia GPU and Crytek owe their existance to Nvidia.

B

Bakari

[QUOTE="Feuerstarter, post: 0]Doubtful. Crytek have in the past openly stated the don't intend Crysis to consoles any time soon at least, so it definitely won't be out this year. Also even if it did come out to consoles, it would most certainly go to PS3 (not sure if it will go to the 360 as well) as it has the Nvidia GPU and Crytek owe their existance to Nvidia.[/quote]

That does not really make sense...

GartMon

Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2006
[QUOTE="Feuerstarter, post: 0]Doubtful. Crytek have in the past openly stated the don't intend Crysis to consoles any time soon at least, so it definitely won't be out this year. Also even if it did come out to consoles, it would most certainly go to PS3 (not sure if it will go to the 360 as well) as it has the Nvidia GPU and Crytek owe their existance to Nvidia.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. what???

Of course crysis is made to run on ATI cards too... just like every other video game for the pc.

[QUOTE="GartMon, post: 0]Yeah.. what???

Of course crysis is made to run on ATI cards too... just like every other video game for the pc.[/QUOTE]What he's saying is that certain games are tailored to run better on a respective company's card.

e.g: Doom 3 runs better on nVidia cards, while HL2 runs better on ATi cards.

K

Knuckles126

The 360 can't handle Crysis...it would have to be toned down for it to work.

As for Crysis itself, the gameplay looks like crap but the graphics are amazing.

[QUOTE="Knuckles126, post: 0]The 360 can't handle Crysis...it would have to be toned down for it to work.

As for Crysis itself, the gameplay looks like crap but the graphics are amazing.[/QUOTE]Thank goodness, at least someone around here have brains :lol:.

I honestly don't see what's so amazing about Crysis... Have you people who's been gawking about Crysis ever seen the GAME PLAY vids? Not just tech demos? The AI's are stone bricks, for goodness' sake...

I thought it was game play that makes the game, eh?

FantasyStar

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
[QUOTE="The_One, post: 0]
I thought it was game play that makes the game, eh?[/quote]

Gameplay and Graphics make the game. The days where gameplay made a game has been left behind in the 16bit era. You can't have gameplay without the graphics to complement it and vice versa. I don't see why people take sides with one when both are needed.

A

AFMR-PS3

[QUOTE="Knuckles126, post: 0]The 360 can't handle Crysis...it would have to be toned down for it to work.

As for Crysis itself, the gameplay looks like crap but the graphics are amazing.[/quote]

Too right man, too right! It looks OMGLOLZ!!!!!! but appart from that, I donno. Didn't see anything ground breaking on Crysis apart from the stunning graphics/environments/etc.

As for this news...1UP is pissed about KZ 2 looking so damn good, so they are trying to shift ppl's attention from it AHAH :mrgreen: :twisted:

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
I've seen Crysis in action. When you guys see the alien attack on the aircraft carrier, you will see that this game is more than just pretty graphics.

and for the record, the 360 would be lucky to run this game at 720p above 20fps without a major overhaul of the engine. As to the guy who said it was built to run on ATI cards... Don't be silly. NVidia not only had the 8800 on shelves before R600 but also had a development platform ready before anyone as well.

K

Knuckles126

[QUOTE="Lefein, post: 0]I've seen Crysis in action. When you guys see the alien attack on the aircraft carrier, you will see that this game is more than just pretty graphics.

and for the record, the 360 would be lucky to run this game at 720p above 20fps without a major overhaul of the engine. As to the guy who said it was built to run on ATI cards... Don't be silly. NVidia not only had the 8800 on shelves before R600 but also had a development platform ready before anyone as well.[/QUOTE]
What, you think your the only one here who has seen the game in action? Please, I've seen just about every video released for that game, and the gameplay is nothing special. It is just pretty graphics... :roll:

Oh, and one last thing. From what we have seen at E3 this year, I think the PS3 would be better at handling Crysis than the 360... :roll:

bluvi69

Master Poster
Oct 6, 2005
it is up to developer, porting from pc to 360 is more easily. and in the world of openGL and DirectX, there is no game that written directly to the metal.

K

Knuckles126

[QUOTE="bluvi69, post: 0]it is up to developer, porting from pc to 360 is more easily. and in the world of openGL and DirectX, there is no game that written directly to the metal.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, but it lacks the power to run Crysis, which then defeats the purpose of wanting the game all together... :?

[QUOTE="FantasyStar, post: 0]Gameplay and Graphics make the game. The days where gameplay made a game has been left behind in the 16bit era. You can't have gameplay without the graphics to complement it and vice versa. I don't see why people take sides with one when both are needed.[/QUOTE]What's your point? What happens when you have only one?

Hmm?

Nov 10, 2005
I would be surprised if it comes to the 360, remember they said that a Nvidia 8800 couldn't run the game at full settings? If it happens don't expect it to look as good. Don't get me wrong it would still be pretty damn good but the PC's they run the gameplay footage on would be total beasts.

I'm just going to go on the record and say that I highly believe that later down in the respective console's life, both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 will be capable of Crysis calibre games. Of course, not with the current Crytek engine, but with exclusive engines programmed to maximize each individual system.

zero1661

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2006
I remember reading that the r600 card is based off of the 360 cards design, im not savy with this stuf so correct me if im wrong. anyway the only game ive seen that is way ahead of all the 360 games is killzone 2, everything else could most certainly run on the 360, with quite a bit of compression, so there would be quality loss for sure but the stuff could run. im aware that the ps3 is more powerful, and im astonished we are seeing it start to pull away so soon, but Im not going to think it is insanely more powerful than the 360 just because one game is more impressive, gears of war was more impressive than any other game out there for a long time but everyone knew better things could be done, no doubt though this game would have to be scaled back a bit on BOTH platforms.

Feuerstarter

Superior Member
Apr 22, 2007
Yeah.. what???

Of course crysis is made to run on ATI cards too... just like every other video game for the pc.
I'm not saying that it doesn't, I'm just saying that since Crytek owe the existance to Nvidia and respect that fact, they are more likely to make the game for Nvidia Hardware, which in this case is the PS3

B

BloodChannel

^^ That's just stupid who would want to use a controller over kb/m lol...

Also if this game comes out for the 360 I forsee alot more people having to get their consoles fixed due to the gpu overheating.

Aift

Superior Member
Jun 5, 2006
www.digg.com
It's pretty much unpredicatable on both sides.

CryTek would have an easier time porting it to the XBOX 360 because it runs on DirectX, instead of OpenGL. They have already stated before, neither console - 360 or PS3 - is powerful enough to play this game. But you do have a point, nVidia is the reason for their exsitance and PS3 has a nVidia made graphics card, RSX.

But what we don't know is how much power of these consoles are being used. Especially the XBOX 360. For us to predict the status of any porting, we have to know where the console is in terms of its power being used. The questions I have, is a Killzone type game possible to be made graphically on the XBOX 360?

When we get the answer on how much power is being used on the XBOX 360, then we can predict if Crysis is possible. Basing your thought on what you see at E3 isn't relevant or is a proper benchmark. We need some real numbers.

But it is fact, neither XBOX 360 or PS3 can play Crysis in full beauty!

:(