Cuil - The latest Google killer

C

Comatosed

[QUOTE="grcswoosh, post: 0]Not a good start :lol:

more info on Cuil for those interested
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080728/ap_on_hi_te/google_challenger_16[/quote]

No, not a good start at all lol.

Its going to take a lot to knock google off of the search engine throne. Ask anybody on the street where they find out there info and 9/10 will say google. Its just too well known, Google have got such a firm hold on this 'market sector' that I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.

But good luck to em, google need some strong competition, its whats make business grow.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
I am not sure what was going through their minds. I won't stop using Google. I don't like how they are trying ride on Google's name to introduce their own version of "Google."

And I'll bet the reason they are getting hits right now is because of being associated with Google in a way. They plan on replacing Google when Microsoft or Yahoo couldn't do it......hilarious.

grcswoosh

Master Poster
Oct 5, 2007
SoCal
the people who made this used to work for google and claim they have a better scheme and a larger inventory. But like you guys said, people are so used to google it will take a huge culture change and massive advertising to make people jump ship.

Macka3

Superior Member
Dec 9, 2007
Lol google will always be top and thats just the truth.. Most people also have Google as there homepage well i for sure do. Its the easiest engine too use.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
Cuil is quite new to me I must admit..

After playing around with it this morning though, I'm not so happy with any of the results from some of my test searches. Interface is a little too cluttered for my tastes too.. I missed one of my results plastered in the middle of all the text.. Don't like the results layout.

Bottom line, Google does exactly what you want, whenever you want it and pretty much always finds what you're after. Why change?

Feb 13, 2008
Google seems to be doing great, also have to remember they have youtube now, and support from sony, they're gonna be hard to beat now!

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
Unless this thing can search and find the extact page or thing Im looking for before I even type anything then Ill switch.