Days Gone, 12-minute gameplay

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Being completely negative or positive based on a trailer or gameplay that is 10 minute long is really an excellent idea.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6515502]I don't like the idea that I would be chased by a large number of zombies with no end in sight, especially in an open world game set in the wilderness.[/QUOTE]
Too early to tell where this game is going, but I do agree with you about the large number of zombies that seem to be forever sprinting towards you. It seems to be more serious than Dead Rising with a left 4 dead game pace. I hope it's more of a state of decay type game.

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 6515509]Why would they want to be help developers?

We don't know much about the game yet, but it is open world.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6515511]Being completely negative or positive based on a trailer or gameplay that is 10 minute long is really an excellent idea.[/QUOTE]
If there were much to it than being just another 3rd person Zombie shooter they would have shown it or at least talked about it. The only mechanic that they seem to be building this game around is figuring out how to run away from the Zombies and that you can delay them by knocking down barrels and such.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 6515512]Too early to tell where this game is going, but I do agree with you about the large number of zombies that seem to be forever sprinting towards you. It seems to be more serious than Dead Rising with a left 4 dead game pace. I hope it's more of a state of decay type game.[/QUOTE]
I really wished that too. But like some said this game smells last of us. I guess the guys has a good story and gonna take advantage of being an open world game. We will wait and see. But like Major stated before, in a post apocalyptic world a guy carrying 750 bullets and spending almost all of it in one encounter it totally senseless.

Survival Horror

Superior Member
Jan 25, 2015
Last Of Us was a great game because out of gameplay,story,dialogues like a movie,survival and horror moments and a lot more, had amount of enemies without excesses. If i have to kill 1200 zombies on each section, i will think very seriously if i ll install this game.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6515511]Being completely negative or positive based on a trailer or gameplay that is 10 minute long is really an excellent idea.[/QUOTE]
I would agree if you were talking about regular game trailers that are 1-3 minutes long but a stage demo that's 10 minutes or longer is a decent amount of time to form an early opinion on a new game. Also, implying that being completely positive is just as bad as being completely negative is kind of pointless when no one really complains about the former.

I think the graphics look pretty nice for an open world game but the concept of a seemingly never-ending zombie horde, for me, when I'm not a big fan of zombie games to begin with (outside of the Resident Evil series and The Last of Us), just didn't get me excited. I specifically disliked the way the trailer ended with the "surrounded on all sides" cliche which I'm really hoping they exaggerated or else the whole story looks to me like it'd be a waste of time.

The only thing about Days Gone that reminds me of The Last of Us is the brief crafting segment which is not enough to convince me that it will be just as great of a game.

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6515621]I would agree if you were talking about regular game trailers that are 1-3 minutes long but a stage demo that's 10 minutes or longer is a decent amount of time to form an early opinion on a new game. Also, implying that being completely positive is just as bad as being completely negative is kind of pointless when no one really complains about the former.

I think the graphics look pretty nice for an open world game but the concept of a seemingly never-ending zombie horde, for me, when I'm not a big fan of zombie games to begin with (outside of the Resident Evil series and The Last of Us), just didn't get me excited. I specifically disliked the way the trailer ended with the "surrounded on all sides" cliche which I'm really hoping they exaggerated or else the whole story looks to me like it'd be a waste of time.

The only thing about Days Gone that reminds me of The Last of Us is the brief crafting segment which is not enough to convince me that it will be just as great of a game.[/QUOTE]
Expecting a Last of us level game from Bend is also wrong. For the last ten years this guys did psp resistence and vita uncharted. This is their debut for home consoles. Think of this as a bonus exclusive. I also don't expect much but I have no place to whine over a very small portion for an open world game. We have only seen one encounter. And that was probably an encounter story related. As u say the ending was funny. But what happens next? we don't know. We will see if we are patience enough.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
Kind of skeptical on this game to be honest. The environments look great and the gameplay reminds me a lot of, The Last of Us. The horde of zombies coming at you at once looks great but the genre is over-saturated with zombie/infected apocalypse games. It doesn't feel fresh.