Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Beta is Real!

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
The Beta is real and is a closed beta.
EA and Visceral Games are in the process of opening up Dead Space 2 multiplayer to a small group of "dedicated fans" of the series, inviting select PlayStation 3 owners into an advance beta. We've heard from more than a few Kotaku readers who have been accepted into the Dead Space 2 multiplayer beta, which appears may already be underway or kicking off very soon. Dead Space 2 multiplayer pits Necromorphs against humans in team-based battles that smacks of Left 4 Dead meets Singularity meets Dead Space. It looks like this in action.
Check your e-mails for invites and let us know if you got in.
Dead Space 2 is currently slated for release on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC starting in January 2011.
Here is the link. If anyone gets a code and doesn't want it then I would be happy to take it. :)

Edit: Here is another source.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
Nice. It will be good to hear some impressions on the multiplayer. Dead Space is one of those franchises that doesn't need multiplayer but if done right it could be awesome.

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
I think it will play like Left 4 Dead but with the Dead Space gameplay that everyone loves. That doesn't bother me though because I loved Left 4 Dead and Dead Space.

willwar

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2008
I'm in it! Been playing the last couple hours. I'd really love to talk about it in depth but the email with the invite specifically asked me not to discuss it unless on the private EA forum. :(

I will say I'm enjoying it, though.

Hitman_T92

TWISTED METAL
Sep 1, 2008
Hangar 18
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5203208]dedicated group??? Um.. i played the game 4 times and have the platinum... I'm dedicated!!![/QUOTE]

same here
but im not even interested in the multiplayer .....looks meh

J

jakster123x

Ermm, not meaning to sound rude but, of course there's a beta, lol! Just about every game with a multiplayer component will have a beta because they need to test it.

It'd be cool if i was in this but i'm not holding out for it. If i was in it i'd be in 3 betas at the same time! :D

Edit: I'm not in. Lol, i don't even know why i even had the slightest thought that i might be in; i don't even have the original!

Last edited: