***Dead Space 2 Thread [Talk/Help]***

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
Greetings Everybody!

I hope that those who bought this game will keep this thread from getting buried. If you are looking for help or just want to talk about the game do it here. I know its not "official" but since they haven't made a sub forum I hope to get this thread stickyed for as long as the game is active and people play it.

I bought it lastnight and im playing it right now so far so good its just like the first one in aspects of how the game plays. I'm nearing the end of the first chapter and I like it. I'll post back when I dig a little deeper in the game and see how it goes from there.

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
Picked it up yesterday. Been loving every bit of it. Got up to chapter 4 and then went into Multiplayer. I think the Multiplayer is really fun. I see myself playing this for a while.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
I haven't played the MP yet I been playing the single player im on chapter 6 right now and the part I just finished man that was totally AWESOME.

daver72

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2006
i just got to chapter nine and i have to say even though the games lets you use custom soundtrack, i think it detracts from the game, its not even close to as scary, even with ominous music on. I haven't gotten to play multiplayer yet though, how does it work? is there deathmatch and free for all or is it more like nazi zombies?

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Tip, if you're playing on anything above medium, go into overdrive mode on conserving and gathering ammo when you get to chapter 9... I'm dead serious. Chapter 10 will chew you up and spit you back out.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="daver72, post: 5414382]i just got to chapter nine and i have to say even though the games lets you use custom soundtrack, i think it detracts from the game, its not even close to as scary, even with ominous music on. I haven't gotten to play multiplayer yet though, how does it work? is there deathmatch and free for all or is it more like nazi zombies?[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to just leave the custom soundtrack alone. I loved the quietness and ominous sounds of the first. I haven't played it yet but I know that it will take away from the fear factor. I will probably save the custom soundtracks for the second play through.

Been swamped with school and trying to finish Infamous before moving on to Dead Space. I hope to get around to it tomorrow night sometimes. So what is the difficulty like? I heard that it was easier on normal this time around.

Edit: Also is Extraction on disc or is it Dlc code?

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
played it all day non-stop and beat it..really great plot..for those who haven't beat it or are at the near end, stay after the credits roll..just trust me..every-time Isaac put on the mask, I couldn't help but think of Iron Man..Isaac Clarke is IRON MAN! cue music!

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Picked it up today (Aus release) and when you first put on the suit.. man that was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though, when I go to put in my online code (piece of crap rubbish idea in the first place) the option to put in my own code is blacked out... i only can click on the trial or to buy a code. so confused

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5414407]Picked it up today (Aus release) and when you first put on the suit.. man that was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though, when I go to put in my online code (piece of crap rubbish idea in the first place) the option to put in my own code is blacked out... i only can click on the trial or to buy a code. so confused[/QUOTE]

Go to the XMB and either put it in via the store. That's how I got it to work.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5414391]Tip, if you're playing on anything above medium, go into overdrive mode on conserving and gathering ammo when you get to chapter 9... I'm dead serious. Chapter 10 will chew you up and spit you back out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had to learn the hard way. I really wish I figured this out, all my guns were pretty much empty, I had to blow all my credits buying ammo at the shops.

But this game is amazingly good.

Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5414391]Tip, if you're playing on anything above medium, go into overdrive mode on conserving and gathering ammo when you get to chapter 9... I'm dead serious. Chapter 10 will chew you up and spit you back out.[/QUOTE]Chapter 10 is pretty crazy.

[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5414393]I think I'm going to just leave the custom soundtrack alone. I loved the quietness and ominous sounds of the first. I haven't played it yet but I know that it will take away from the fear factor. I will probably save the custom soundtracks for the second play through.

Been swamped with school and trying to finish Infamous before moving on to Dead Space. I hope to get around to it tomorrow night sometimes. So what is the difficulty like? I heard that it was easier on normal this time around.

Edit: Also is Extraction on disc or is it Dlc code?[/QUOTE]It's on a disc. You install it onto the hdd, but I think you need the disc inserted to play the game.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5414409]Go to the XMB and either put it in via the store. That's how I got it to work.[/QUOTE]

good idea, didn't think of that :p

Thanks

Apr 18, 2008
I'm loving it as well. The sound effects again are tops, and completely suck you into the feel of the game.

Quick question for anyone that has bought any of the dlc upgrade packs. Are any of them worth the $5?

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="Nitehawk83, post: 5414422]I'm loving it as well. The sound effects again are tops, and completely suck you into the feel of the game.

Quick question for anyone that has bought any of the dlc upgrade packs. Are any of them worth the $5?[/QUOTE]

I'd wait on the DLC. With DS1 they released new and better DLC over time. Unless you have money to spare I'd stay away.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
I wonder what the length of Extraction is...I'm gonna play it tomorrow with the MOVE controllers as suggested..is it automated walking like in the time crises games because it's really hard to navigate and shoot at the same time..I'd rather the game walk you through it and just shoot the screen along the way

oh, also I'm gonna watch the new Deadspace animated movie..tell you all about it after

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
Ok I've got a question. I've been hearing about how great this game is but frankly I tried to play the first one and I couldn't. Not from the gore and I liked to concept behind that game, I just thought it played terribly. It was one of those games I wanted to like but couldn't. With all the praise DS2 is getting is it worth picking up? Or renting?

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5414773]Ok I've got a question. I've been hearing about how great this game is but frankly I tried to play the first one and I couldn't. Not from the gore and I liked to concept behind that game, I just thought it played terribly. It was one of those games I wanted to like but couldn't. With all the praise DS2 is getting is it worth picking up? Or renting?[/QUOTE]

Since you didn't like the first game I doubt you will like this game its pretty much the same thing controller and gameplay wise. I played the first one and once I got used to the controller after the first 10 minutes I was hooked and loved the rest of the game.

VintageElise

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
Oct 30, 2007
Super place called Wales.
First 2 chapters are fine so far. I can usually tell when the 'Jump-scares' are coming though.

Me: "Oh look at that conveniently placed Necromporph in the middle of my path. He's surely dead..."

'Necro jumps up'

Me: Oh noes...

Yes, I talk to myself while I game.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 5414979]First 2 chapters are fine so far. I can usually tell when the 'Jump-scares' are coming though.

Me: "Oh look at that conveniently placed Necromporph in the middle of my path. He's surely dead..."

'Necro jumps up'

Me: Oh noes...

Yes, I talk to myself while I game.[/QUOTE]

lawlz yea. same here, but i have more effective way of knowing if its going to jump up.
if you use the kinectis thingy on corpses, you can't pick up ones that are about to jump up at you

and also, everytime you see your path is locked, you know they are coming from the back...

imo, once you realize these things, it gets bit dull. the atmosphere is a huge part of the game.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5414773]Ok I've got a question. I've been hearing about how great this game is but frankly I tried to play the first one and I couldn't. Not from the gore and I liked to concept behind that game, I just thought it played terribly. It was one of those games I wanted to like but couldn't. With all the praise DS2 is getting is it worth picking up? Or renting?[/QUOTE]

well it really deserves a rent at least..experience the story, and the amazing gore...I think on a gore-scale with this game and dante's inferno, they're almost equal

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
I guess I didn't really give DS1 much of a chance to begin with. I had gotten a bunch of games from a friend to borrow and play and was quickly playing a bit of each to see if I'd like it. And my aiming is wonky of **** so I keep dying. lol

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5415300]I guess I didn't really give DS1 much of a chance to begin with. I had gotten a bunch of games from a friend to borrow and play and was quickly playing a bit of each to see if I'd like it. And my aiming is wonky of **** so I keep dying. lol[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm with others on this. Give it another shot if you are willing. I remember I played the demo a long time ago before DS1 came out. Didn't like it. Passed on it until recently and I was kicking myself for not playing it. I absolutely loved the first one. I was kind of in the same boat as you. I suggest you give it another shot. If you don't like it you can at least say you gave it a shot and will know to pass on DS2.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
Godamn, this game's ending is awesome. Starting playthrough 2 now.

Also, miss the needle. You'll know when you get there.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="Xelios, post: 5415363]Godamn, this game's ending is awesome. Starting playthrough 2 now.

Also, miss the needle. You'll know when you get there.[/QUOTE]

I just finished the game too and im also finishing a new one. I liked the ending though it was badass so im playing again since I got a few weapon trophies I gotta complete before I play hardcore mode.

Jan 20, 2011
K so this game is fkn epic. Like really "Wow'ed" me. I just started chapter 10, and so far i can say is playing this in the dark at 1am is some freaky s*it lol awesome game.

Like some of you i guess when some "Scares" are about to come..
such as the elevator drop in :cool:

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
You guys know the part of the game where the demo ended (chapter 5)? When the first tanknecro is above you and roars into your face? Did anyone think that whole scene was like... super badass? I mean, it really shocked me just how epic it was. I had to go back and play it again just to apprentice it some more.

Last edited: