***Dead Space 2 Thread [Talk/Help]***

Nov 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I just got the game yesterday and got to about Chapter 2. Anyway, I was near the end of Chapter 1 where you are near the subway car and that huge thing comes at you, and you have to shoot off its arms. Well anyway, I couldn't figure out what to do the first time, so I ran out of ammo and got killed. Just as Im getting destroyed, my mom walks in and just cant believe what is going on. Exact reaction as the commercial. Didn't help that my head was ripped off and my body torn in half :lol:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="play_b3yond_313, post: 5416508]I just got the game yesterday and got to about Chapter 2. Anyway, I was near the end of Chapter 1 where you are near the subway car and that huge thing comes at you, and you have to shoot off its arms. Well anyway, I couldn't figure out what to do the first time, so I ran out of ammo and got killed. Just as Im getting destroyed, my mom walks in and just cant believe what is going on. Exact reaction as the commercial. Didn't help that my head was ripped off and my body torn in half :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol! "I think it would make a person go insane"

jnukem

Apprentice
Nov 21, 2006
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5415504]You guys know the part of the game where the demo ended (chapter 5)? When the first tanknecro is above you and roars into your face? Did anyone think that whole scene was like... super badass? I mean, it really shocked me just how epic it was. I had to go back and play it again just to apprentice it some more.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out how to kill that dam thing. It rushes down the hallway and you have about 4 seconds to grab something and throw it? I dunno. Any auggestions are appreciated.

darksora

Master Poster
Apr 23, 2007
Apparently this ea online pass thing is limited to one psn account only? Can someone confirm if this is true or not as I'll be playing tonight but my younger brother has already entered the online pass (I let him as he would get more time to play online than me) but since theres 3 of us that use the same ps3 with different psn accounts; does that mean i have to pay to get 2 more online pass codes?

if so that is F***ED!!!!

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="darksora, post: 5416561]Apparently this ea online pass thing is limited to one psn account only? Can someone confirm if this is true or not as I'll be playing tonight but my younger brother has already entered the online pass (I let him as he would get more time to play online than me) but since theres 3 of us that use the same ps3 with different psn accounts; does that mean i have to pay to get 2 more online pass codes?

if so that is F***ED!!!![/QUOTE]

The pass codes in general are pretty pointless for online considering Dead Space 2 don't have online trophies but I think the DLC game does. It makes sense one per customer regardless if its money involved or not.

I beat the game on Zealot lastnight and gathered up the remaining trophies. The only thing I gotta do now is beat it on Hardcore mode and ill have Platinum. Its gonna be 10x harder than any other difficulty for a game because you can only save 3 times and when you die you start back from your last save point so you really gotta put in some dedication to beat hardcore mode.

VintageElise

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
Oct 30, 2007
Super place called Wales.
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5415504]You guys know the part of the game where the demo ended (chapter 5)? When the first tanknecro is above you and roars into your face? Did anyone think that whole scene was like... super badass? I mean, it really shocked me just how epic it was. I had to go back and play it again just to apprentice it some more.[/QUOTE]

Hate running away from things. :lol: Always seem to run into every static object and get killed. :(

Jan 20, 2011
[QUOTE="SergeantR7, post: 5416479]I'll just leave these here.

Also where can I find the vintage suit? I'm right now around the begging of chapter 8.[/QUOTE]

I forget the exact chapter but its in a power cell (the doors you need a node to unlock.)

Now im stuck on Ch.10 with 0 ammo and no store around and super low health.. I hate thiss!!!

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="jnukem, post: 5416546]I'm trying to figure out how to kill that dam thing. It rushes down the hallway and you have about 4 seconds to grab something and throw it? I dunno. Any auggestions are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It makes you look at where you're supposed to go when thrown... there's a massive door behind you. lol

daver72

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2006
[QUOTE="jnukem, post: 5416546]I'm trying to figure out how to kill that dam thing. It rushes down the hallway and you have about 4 seconds to grab something and throw it? I dunno. Any auggestions are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

yeah DO NOT FIGHT IT, just run, its way to beef to do anything to. I really liked all the new creatures in this game, i mean what game is complete without exploding babies and crazy toddlers? Does anybody know if your weapons carry over to your second play through?

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="daver72, post: 5416688]yeah DO NOT FIGHT IT, just run, its way to beef to do anything to. I really liked all the new creatures in this game, i mean what game is complete without exploding babies and crazy toddlers? Does anybody know if your weapons carry over to your second play through?[/QUOTE]

Everything carries over. That's a major appeal for the game to me. :D

jnukem

Apprentice
Nov 21, 2006
[QUOTE="daver72, post: 5416688]yeah DO NOT FIGHT IT, just run, its way to beef to do anything to. I really liked all the new creatures in this game, i mean what game is complete without exploding babies and crazy toddlers? Does anybody know if your weapons carry over to your second play through?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I realized that as almost immediately after I posted... I kept seeing a little dialog box saying press 0 to grab and throw. Just figured that was what I needed to do. I love this game :)

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I got around to playing it today. I only got to the start of chapter 3 and absolutely love it. Very intense much like the first but I like this one much more.

VintageElise

Oct 30, 2007
Chapter 6 spoilers...

Just got to the Nursery. No ammo for my Pulse Rife so I have to use the Saw or Plasma and they keep blowing up right next to me. The part where you're in the auditorium and you hack the control and they all come just completely fu**ed my **** right up.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
Sorry back to DP1 for a sec. I'm playing through on hard (I'm not gonna be a wuss about it come on!) and it's taking five or six shots from the plasma cutter to kill just one necromorph. Three for the leg and two for an arm. I don't know if it should be taking this much to kill one but I feel like I'm using way more ammo than needed.

VintageElise

Oct 30, 2007
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5416866]Sorry back to DP1 for a sec. I'm playing through on hard (I'm not gonna be a wuss about it come on!) and it's taking five or six shots from the plasma cutter to kill just one necromorph. Three for the leg and two for an arm. I don't know if it should be taking this much to kill one but I feel like I'm using way more ammo than needed.[/QUOTE]

Same with me with DS2. Try 2 on the leg and one in the head. Might do it.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5416866]Sorry back to DP1 for a sec. I'm playing through on hard (I'm not gonna be a wuss about it come on!) and it's taking five or six shots from the plasma cutter to kill just one necromorph. Three for the leg and two for an arm. I don't know if it should be taking this much to kill one but I feel like I'm using way more ammo than needed.[/QUOTE]

Get a second weapon or buy more ammo.

You could also conserve a bit by taking out the legs, stasis it, then run up to kick it repeatedly.

Last edited:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
So I'm still on chapter 4, but I have a question regarding New Game +

When you choose that do you have the same weapons, suit and upgrades as your previous playthrough?

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5416918]So I'm still on chapter 4, but I have a question regarding New Game +

When you choose that do you have the same weapons, suit and upgrades as your previous playthrough?[/QUOTE]

Already answered, but yes. Everything carries over if you decide to create a New Game+ Save. It will ask you at the end of the game, and you'll receive all of your items when you activate the first store.

Last edited:

VintageElise

Oct 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5416944]already answered, but yes. Everything carries over if you decide to create a New Game+ Save. It will ask you at the end of the game, and you'll receive all of your items when you activate the first store.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're doing the hardcore run. Then it won't. IIRC.

I love how Visceral threw some random bodies in (Chapter 8 spoilers)
the machine fertilization place. They just know you're going to use them for fun :p. Also, finally met up with Ellie and she didn't try and kill me! Was quite shocked

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5416944]already answered, but yes. Everything carries over if you decide to create a New Game+ Save. It will ask you at the end of the game, and you'll receive all of your items when you activate the first store.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. Sorry for asking an answered question ><

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 5416873]Same with me with DS2. Try 2 on the leg and one in the head. Might do it.[/QUOTE]

This works the best. In some cases you have to shoot them 3 times in the legs and 1 in the arm and head. I have been successful with conserving ammo shooting in the legs 2 times then in the head and they die. I walk right up to them sometimes and spam the hell out of stomp until they die then give them one more stomp to get any goodies (ammo, credits...ect). I'm on chapter 6 right now on my hardcore playthrough, I had to use one of my saves it got real crazy at one point and I got lucky a few times. Thankfully I did because I hate those crawlers with the tails they kick the **** out of me every time.

Jan 29, 2011
hello everyone, new to the forums this is my first post. anyway, I just beat it and man, what a rush. I'm actually bummed out that it's over. this game is to incredible I want more!!

TOM2x

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2007
[QUOTE="Nitehawk83, post: 5414422]I'm loving it as well. The sound effects again are tops, and completely suck you into the feel of the game.

Quick question for anyone that has bought any of the dlc upgrade packs. Are any of them worth the $5?[/QUOTE]
I looked at the DLC packs and felt it would be like cheating myself out of playing it the way your supposed to. Maybe on a second playthrough or if it was insanely difficult, which it doesn't seem to be ..... Yet!

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
I thought it was harder than the first. DS1 was really easy for me, even on the harder difficulties. I could stampede my way through the game. But in DS2 I would die around every other corner.