***Dead Space 2 Thread [Talk/Help]***

Jan 29, 2011
beat the game on normal. it was honestly too easy I breazed through in 10 hours.

playing now at Zealot and am at chapter 8. I must say, with a maxed out elite suit, plasma cutter, line gun and stasis nothing can stop you. you literally need nothing else. Am currently breazing through zealot oustide the minor snag.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I just got to Chapter 7 and I'm still loving it. I think the Mine Detonator is one of my favorite guns. Stalkers dont stand a chance against it! The only thing that I notice is there is not an abundance of health in this one. I don't really remember having much issues with health in the first one. I rarely find First aid, generally have to buy at stores everytime. Only playing on Normal too. Idk, maybe I'm just not getting good luck with drops actually being First aid.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
You can buy them form the store. Also, their rate of spawning increase the lower your health is.

Wait til you get to chapter 10... really sweet throwback if you played Dead Space 1. ;)

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
dunno if it was discussed but I notice a very big similarity between Unitology and Scientology in this game...like, ALOT..they both have killed people, difference being Unitology uses their members as sacrifices to be turned into Necromorphs and Scientology killing people who want to get out of that membership for the sake of secrets being leaked...let's not forget John Travolta's son, a victim of Scientology..they're both cults, they both believe that Aliens created us..so props to Dead Space because they made the religion up for a very good plot and to make fun of Scientology..just wanted to get that off my chest for the longest time

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5418634]dunno if it was discussed but I notice a very big similarity between Unitology and Scientology in this game...like, ALOT..they both have killed people, difference being Unitology uses their members as sacrifices to be turned into Necromorphs and Scientology killing people who want to get out of that membership for the sake of secrets being leaked...let's not forget John Travolta's son, a victim of Scientology..they're both cults, they both believe that Aliens created us..so props to Dead Space because they made the religion up for a very good plot and to make fun of Scientology..just wanted to get that off my chest for the longest time[/QUOTE]

I think that was kind of a hidden agenda in the story. The extremist ideas and cult activity. Very similar indeed. I hope Scientologist don't start building Space ships. Everyone might start to worry then.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="HellasLEAF, post: 5418459]beat the game on normal. it was honestly too easy I breazed through in 10 hours.

playing now at Zealot and am at chapter 8. I must say, with a maxed out elite suit, plasma cutter, line gun and stasis nothing can stop you. you literally need nothing else. Am currently breazing through zealot oustide the minor snag.[/QUOTE]

That's just a taste of things to come I didn't have much trouble on Zealot difficulty but wait till you play Hardcore difficulty. You can only use 3 saves so you have to dedicate yourself to pass more levels without dying and not saving until later in the game so you actually have a chance of beating it.

VintageElise

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
Oct 30, 2007
Super place called Wales.
Just finished the game. F*** chapters 11-15, f*** the end encounter and f*** the 10 minutes leading up to the encounter. Hated the last few chapters.

Chapter 11 spoilers.

The Necros weren't so bad here, since they were MOSTLY spawning infront of you. Plus, the drill was awesome

End Game spoilers

F*** the Regenerator and f*** it hard. I wasted so much ammo on that little sh*t I hardly had any left to beat Nicole. As soon as you put the needle in your eye (Shouldn't he have at least screamed at that?) I just ran and didn't fight. I mean, come on.

Now the end boss...I mean, I figured it would either be Nicole or Stross (But that went a bit off when you kill him), After about 20 tries I found out how to beat her in less than 2 minutes. Alt. fire of the line gun will kill her, use the plasma (fully upgraded) to shoot the marker while ignoring every other enemy. Repeat 3 times.

Loved the ending. Such a great throwback to the DS1 ending.

After credits spoiler.

Eeeek :D

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 5418933]Just finished the game. F*** chapters 11-15, f*** the end encounter and f*** the 10 minutes leading up to the encounter. Hated the last few chapters.

Chapter 11 spoilers.

The Necros weren't so bad here, since they were MOSTLY spawning infront of you. Plus, the drill was awesome

End Game spoilers

F*** the Regenerator and f*** it hard. I wasted so much ammo on that little sh*t I hardly had any left to beat Nicole. As soon as you put the needle in your eye (Shouldn't he have at least screamed at that?) I just ran and didn't fight. I mean, come on.

Now the end boss...I mean, I figured it would either be Nicole or Stross (But that went a bit off when you kill him), After about 20 tries I found out how to beat her in less than 2 minutes. Alt. fire of the line gun will kill her, use the plasma (fully upgraded) to shoot the marker while ignoring every other enemy. Repeat 3 times.

Loved the ending. Such a great throwback to the DS1 ending.

After credits spoiler.

Eeeek :D
[/QUOTE]

watch the new dead space movie...the bonus ending has something to do with a character in dead space: aftermath..

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
I had a fully upgraded Javelin gun and I roflystomp'd the least few chapters. That gun seriously owns.

And yeah, the very end is a great reference to DS1. I laughed, and games rarely do that for me. :D

R

red731

Damn! What a ride! I finished my first playthrough on Survivalist and I think that is the difficulty for anyone to begin with. Bigger the difficulty - bigger the atmosphere, because you are on seat with little ammo, half of stasis and no shop or bench near you. Will try zealot but eff hard core, i guess, I am not so...

This isn't spoiling anything but let the credits roll all the way.

I love this game. I played it only with maxed out plasma cutter - second run I will do more guns and get the trophies I guess.
I loved the ending - nuff said.

Enjoy this great game!

E

Express

I got the game last Thursday, but didn't put it in till today. Call me crazy, but I haven't even played the main game yet! DS: Extraction is just so awesomely fun!

Played it for a few hours, but had to stop to eat breakfast. Works really great with Move!

dinono10

Apprentice
Oct 13, 2007
[QUOTE="red731, post: 5419089]Damn! What a ride! I finished my first playthrough on Survivalist and I think that is the difficulty for anyone to begin with. Bigger the difficulty - bigger the atmosphere, because you are on seat with little ammo, half of stasis and no shop or bench near you. Will try zealot but eff hard core, i guess, I am not so...

This isn't spoiling anything but let the credits roll all the way.

I love this game. I played it only with maxed out plasma cutter - second run I will do more guns and get the trophies I guess.
I loved the ending - nuff said.

Enjoy this great game![/QUOTE]

SPOILER ALER ...only joking playing it thru on zealot now and its starting to get a little challenging now, i'm on chapter 6.

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys, I just started playing yesterday and its been pretty awesome scary ride! I only have one question though, it says I have the Limited Edition and it has exclusive content. How can I start playing Dead Space Extraction?

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5421830]There should be an icon "additional content" (or something like that) below the Deadspace2/disc icon in your xmb, after you installed it you can play it directly form xmb.[/QUOTE]

Oh there we go! I didnt notice that one. Thanks alot!

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
On Chapter 13, I've had to give it a break because it's getting frustrating, perhaps I shouldn't have chosen Zealot on my first playthrough :lol:

Kydosan

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
I picked this up on PC a few days ago, awesome game and a worthy successor to the first so far (I'm not very far, seem to be spending quite a bit of time watching the coverage of what's going on in egypt)

As disgusting(ly awesome) as the meat and potatoes of the DS games are, the environments are the star of the show. I fell in love with the Ishimura, and the same thing's happening with the Sprawl. The areas you explore are so beautifully and intricately designed and decorated, it's going to take me ages to finish this because I spend half my time just looking around and gobbling up eye candy.

But it's more of that same Dead Space action that I know and love, so I already don't want it to end - the longer I drag this one out the better :D

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I just finished it and I loved it. The ending was really solid as well the post credits audio. Make sure to stick around for that. Amazing game.

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Anyone else got the same chills they got in Metal Gear Solid 4, when Snake went back in Shadow Moses?

I had the same exact chills when I walked in inside the Ishimura for second time again. As a player it brought back memories of those time I jumped because I got scared during my first playthrough, in Dead Space. Funny enough, I'm the same this time around in Dead Space 2, I know I've been through all of it but here it is again, inside the Ishimura.

Another one, who is a annoyed but suprisingly enjoyed encounters against those stalkers nercomorphs? Their the one who are working in teams and trying to flank you. They're probably the best necromorphs out there! You can get scared ****less. lol

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="kidd0218, post: 5423270]I had the same exact chills when I walked in inside the Ishimura for second time again. As a player it brought back memories of those time I jumped because I got scared during my first playthrough, in Dead Space. Funny enough, I'm the same this time around in Dead Space 2, I know I've been through all of it but here it is again, inside the Ishimura.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was really amazing. A good flashback to Dead Space 2, and I liked how long it took before you encountered a necromorph. I was on my toes the whole time.

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5423277]I thought it was really amazing. A good flashback to Dead Space 2, and I liked how long it took before you encountered a necromorph. I was on my toes the whole time.[/QUOTE]

So true! I was the same too. I had my guns ready on every corner and vents, just incase a necromorph comes out or one of those black necromorphs.

They made you wait but man, your first encounter will make you jump! Especially against that big necromorph.

EDIT: The Seeker gun is awesome. I dont know why I didnt buy it earlier, good gun and cheap ammo. You just have to spam on stasis in order to survive in a group encounter.

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5423277]I thought it was really amazing. A good flashback to Dead Space 2, and I liked how long it took before you encountered a necromorph. I was on my toes the whole time.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, like Kidd said, it was a lot like returning to shadow moses in MGS4. I really liked how they did that with the first Necromorph encounter. Every corridor I went down I said oh yeah there is gonna be a morph down this hallway. Where is it? Well maybe the next corridor. Yeah this looks really creepy gotta be here. Then wham, big guy! Definitely on my toes, I thought the same thing with Decontamination too.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="kidd0218, post: 5423270]Anyone else got the same chills they got in Metal Gear Solid 4, when Snake went back in Shadow Moses?

I had the same exact chills when I walked in inside the Ishimura for second time again. As a player it brought back memories of those time I jumped because I got scared during my first playthrough, in Dead Space. Funny enough, I'm the same this time around in Dead Space 2, I know I've been through all of it but here it is again, inside the Ishimura.

Another one, who is a annoyed but suprisingly enjoyed encounters against those stalkers nercomorphs? Their the one who are working in teams and trying to flank you. They're probably the best necromorphs out there! You can get scared ****less. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was pretty much repeating out loud to myself "this is so ****ing awesome!" and then "aww COME ON, they said the area was contained and sealed off, how the **** did those aliens get back in the ship still?!?!" man that part where the lights go out completely inside the ship and aliens coming from each direction was pretty nuts to say the least

oh and did anyone else shoot the head off the lightspeed mascot or find the peng treasure?

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Yep both! I found peng's was messing around with the circuit and noticed one turned green after moving it. I though I had to rearrange them to make the door open but then I realized after all lit green hey there is a control panel here. Was a nice little change from the first. But in the first you really didn't know what you were looking for.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5423401]Yep both! I found peng's was messing around with the circuit and noticed one turned green after moving it. I though I had to rearrange them to make the door open but then I realized after all lit green hey there is a control panel here. Was a nice little change from the first. But in the first you really didn't know what you were looking for.[/QUOTE]

yeah that part with the circuit board was a little confusing because I could have sworn I put all 4 of those squares in their place, in both rooms..guess I didn't..but does anyone know what this Peng thing is supposed to mean? am I missing a game reference here? or is it some inside joke? I've seen peng billboards all over extraction and the dead space movie

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5423447]yeah that part with the circuit board was a little confusing because I could have sworn I put all 4 of those squares in their place, in both rooms..guess I didn't..but does anyone know what this Peng thing is supposed to mean? am I missing a game reference here? or is it some inside joke? I've seen peng billboards all over extraction and the dead space movie[/QUOTE]

There were signs on the Ishimura too in the first one but as far as I know they never explained it. Not a log text or audio. On my end I think it is just a simple easter egg to discover with a clever name.

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5423390] I thought the same thing with Decontamination too.[/QUOTE]

Farout, that first decontamination scene, I was ready! I was ready to pull the trigger because I knew I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE and I know whats going to happen. Then, nothing, well not until the second time you enter it. Finally some decontamination action lol

I've just finish the game and those last moments of the game running from the you-know-what necromorph was such a rush and alot of restarts. lol Great game, it was a good break from GT5.

Just to add, anyone saw the similarities between Chloe Frazer from UC2 and Ellie? Except that Ellie's hotter lol