Dell XPS 600 Renegade goes on sale for $10K

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
Take a look gentlemen, at what is currently THE fastest most powerful gaming rig money can buy. This is a serious piece of machinery capable of running any game you throw at it, with all graphic features set to "ultra high" and still run at at insanely high resolutions at well over 60fps without breaking a sweat. :shock:

BUT.....

it'll definetely cost you a few bucks :lol:

Either way, this is a sick looking computer and I can't see it being obsolete (technology wise) any time soon. Atleast, it better not, with a price tag of 10G's :lol:

Still, can't say I wouldn't buy one if I had the money. I wonder how much money you're paying just for the paint-job and the exclusivity? Dell isn't going to mass produce these things. They're only going to building a limited quantity.

I wonder how much less money it would be to acheive the same level of performace, by building a computer yourself, with similar/same parts. I'm sure it would end up being cheaper, but still pretty expensive.

Damn! $10,000 for a gaming rig? Wow. :shock:

Dell XPS 600 Renegade goes on sale for $10K

Posted Mar 22nd 2006 10:25AM by Marc Perton
Filed under: Desktops, Gaming
If you've been ogling Dell's XPS 600 Renegade gaming rig since CES, and waiting to get your hands on one, now's your chance. If you're prepared to spend close to $10,000, that is ($9,930, to be precise). So, what do you get for that price, other than the dubious ability to boast that you spent ten grand on a Dell, dude? For starters, it's got NVIDIA Quad-SLI graphics and an overclocked Pentium 965 Extreme Edition running at 4.26 GHz. Dell is also throwing in their 30-inch 3007WFP display, which regularly goes for $2,199, making this a veritable bargain! Well, maybe not. But, hey, there's always that paint job, right? That's gotta be worth something.
EDIT: There's a link below that leads to a cool XPS website. Check it out. :)

Fallout Boy

Elite Member
May 23, 2005
Honestly 10K for a PC??

It may not be obsolete but in 6 months it ain t gonna be worth 10K anymore, its gonna be a lot less.

Mar 4, 2006
Wow that looks like a nice computer, i would love to have it if i could afford it, but i dint see that ever happening. It is very expensive but for someone who has that kind of money and wants to have the best it would be great for them. The paint job is awesome and would be really cool to have. They have a sweepstakes to win it at their website too. Who ever can get this is quite lucky. :)

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
Sorry, I just realised I completely missed the part where it says Dell is also including the 3007WFP monitor as well. It's pretty much the best monitor on the market right now. 30" widescreen with a 2560x1600 resolution. That no doubt, contributes to the over all price.

Still, that's an expensive combo what ever way you look at it.

May 29, 2005
I would not buy it because I could build it myself. It's also a Dell (not that there is anything wrong with that). They could make alot of money with it. It's powerful, but I would not pay 10K for it.

Dec 17, 2005
Thats one wicked rig :shock: but spending 10 grand on it? Er, I'll be saving money for tution and my ride first thanks :oops: :lol: Maybe I'd spend money on something like that if I was somewhat rich, or won the lottery or 'found' a briefcase of money on the beach.

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
Just found this website on the Renegade. It's a really cool site with 360 degree views of of the machine, aswell as plenty of photo's showing what it looks like on the inside and gives a complete rundown on the performance cababilities and features of the 600. Even has some nice wallpapers of the Renegade too. 8)

Check it out.

Everything about this rig is the best that technology has to offer right now. From the over-clocked 4.26 Pentium to the quad-SLI set-up right down to the 10,000RPM hard drive :shock:

Man, I can't get over that awesome paint job. Anyone who's into motorcycles or HOTRODS, is familiaer with the name "Mike Lavellee". He's the one who came up with the name "real fire" with his signature paint scheme. You'll find his work on some of the best custom's out there and he's the one who did the paint job on the DELL.

Amazing.
http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/renegade/renegade.html

surtur

Super Elite
Oct 5, 2005
hey for all you guys in the States they are giving one of those away in April i would try but i can't since i am in Canada. wow just wow i wouldn't even know what to do with that thing 3 Harddrives 2x 160GB's @10K RPM and a 400GB one at 7500RPM never mind the 2GB of RAM plus the 2GB or Video RAM. worth the Money ?? you tell me i guess there is a small market for this rig so i guess for those people yes it is. i want that guy to paint my truck..
well the settup is nice but what games need all that power. your still playing the same games as everyone else that has a 1300$ PC just maybe it is pushing a few more FPS.

wotter

Master Poster
Jan 4, 2006
Looks great and is probably the best gaming pc atm, but (just as I expected) way too expensive for normal people.

Feb 14, 2006
My XPS! Isn't she beautiful!

That XPS 600 Renegade looks the exact same('cept for the flames)
My XPS 600 + 22" LCD Monitor + Sub-woofer + Wireless keyboard & mouse = €6,499.95
Just over half the price of the Renegade.

pacman326

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2005
Erm, all I have to say is stick to bulding your own computer with an AMD processor and NVIDIA GPU and save oh.... 2-4 thousand (USD) amd actually have a faster rig than theirs. :D

The Butcher

Dedicated Member
Dec 14, 2005
pacman326 said:
Erm, all I have to say is stick to bulding your own computer with an AMD processor and NVIDIA GPU and save oh.... 2-4 thousand (USD) amd actually have a faster rig than theirs. :D
Best idea I ever heard. Lucky am all ready doing that too. :D :D

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
*Trinity runs for his credit card*

Where do i have to sign to buy this beautiful piece of super advance technology?

Nighthawk

Superior Member
Dec 2, 2005
Tribunal said:
$10,000? Jesus my first car didn't even cost that much.
Neither. In my opinion, Dell are pricing this piece of machinery far too high. I mean, bloody hell, I don't get that much a year, if you subtract costs of living and stuff.

Cera said:
Heh, I'd rather buy a $2,000 PC every 2 years. It's bound to be obsolete in the next 5 years.
Exactly. You spend your life savings or whatever on a Renegade, only to realise you can get a 100Ghz PC or whatnot. It's just really unusual how Dell can price a computer so high. I wonder how anyone could spend $10,000 on a PC when you could custom build a possibly better one for much less. Cough newegg.com cough :wink:

I wouldn't spend that much on a gaming PC ever. Mostly because I don't get that much a year, but also because I'm saving for a new (better) bass guitar (I'm in a band you see).

Feb 14, 2006
How bout 10 PS3's.

€10,000 is too much. What are they thinking? So what if its signed by Michael Dell and that artist guy?

I really couldn't build a pc any way you need to know it inside out. And how to write program files etc.

I think I'll just be safe and stick to buying it in the shops. :wink:

A

Aleman

This isn't a "real" product, it was a very limited-production item (already sold out) that was meant to improve Dell's image to the gaming community.

Everyone knows a true gaming PC has an AMD CPU ;)

May 29, 2005
Aleman said:
This isn't a "real" product, it was a very limited-production item (already sold out) that was meant to improve Dell's image to the gaming community.

Everyone knows a true gaming PC has an AMD CPU ;)
Yep, I wonder if that new Intel chip can finally take AMD on for once. Amd is the best for gaming and Intel is the best for....*thinks hard*.

So it's sold out already, well that's good because we don't want to many gamers wasting there money on this computer.

Feb 16, 2005
Yeah, conroe beat out the best that AMD had to offer, and that was only the mid-range verision. Intel ditched Netburst, which will help them blow past the competition.

If I had 10Gs, I would so get a Renegade, the paint job and quad SLI is just awsome.

luxurys

Master Guru
Jan 5, 2004
See Eric's post below.

Weekly Blu-ray releases; May 5th, 2009
By: Justin Pinter

Be prepared to drop some green this week as this weeks Blu-ray releases include quite a few must own vault classics as well as fresh from the silver screen films. It may be hard to restrict ones self from picking up more than a few titles this week.

May 5th Blu-ray releases:

IMAX Features:
Amazon
Price: $16.99

The Big Blue Sea Trilogy
Price: $40.99
Includes: Dolphins / The Living Sea / Coral Reef Adventure

Journey Into Amazing Caves

Magic of Flight

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Price: $25.99
Includes: Two disc set

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Price: $20.99

It Could Happen to You
Price: $19.99

Dog Soldiers
Price: $12.99

Grease
Includes: 11 Deleted/Extended/Alternate scenes

Roxanne

Dexter: The Complete Second Season
Price: $38.99

Saturday Night Fever

There's Something About Mary
Price: $22.99

Twilight
Price: $23.99
Boxset Collectors Edition: $79.99

PSU's Weekly Pick

This weeks top pick is a tough one as there are so many good titles to choose from. If you have the spare cash, we suggest picking up a few of these titles, expanding your collection in a few genres. For comedy lovers, either Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Something About Mary would make a great addition to your Blu-ray collection. Also, if you enjoy David Fincher films (Fight Club, Se7en, The Game), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button provides a unique and enchanting fairytale story that is sure to grip you by the heart and maybe jerk a tear or two.

B

BustenRhymes7790

I'm not even the one editing this, but I noticed quite a few really obvious errors that I've fixed below. Justin, what happened to our whole discussion about taking more time on articles?

-----

Be prepared to drop some green this week as this week's Blu-ray releases include quite a few must-own classics as well as several films fresh from the silver screen. It may be hard to restrict oneself from picking up more than a few titles this week.

May 5th Blu-ray releases:

IMAX Features:
Amazon

The Big Blue Sea Trilogy
Price: $40.99
Includes: Dolphins / The Living Sea / Coral Reef Adventure

Journey Into Amazing Caves

Magic of Flight

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Price: $25.99
Includes: Two disc set

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

It Could Happen to You

Dog Soldiers
Price: $12.99

Grease
Includes: 11 Deleted/Extended/Alternate scenes

Roxanne

Dexter: The Complete Second Season
Price: $38.99

Saturday Night Fever

There's Something About Mary
Price: $22.99

Twilight
Price: $23.99
Boxset Collectors Edition: $79.99

PSU's Weekly Pick

This weeks top pick is a tough one as there are so many good titles to choose from. If you have the spare cash, we suggest picking up a few of these titles, expanding your collection in a few genres. For comedy lovers, either Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Something About Mary would make a great addition to your Blu-ray collection. Also, if you enjoy David Fincher films (Fight Club, Se7en, The Game), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button provides a unique and enchanting fairytale story that is sure to grip you by the heart and may jerk a tear or two.