Design Squad Clubhouse!

Jun 3, 2007
Northern VA
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 0]Well MC, if your talking about ripping then you got it wrong.

Using an image from the internet, adding a name to it and using it is not ripping.

Ripping is when you take someone elses work, and claim it as your own. Which neither Cuguy or myself did.[/quote]

Kwes the only thing is using sigs like those in competitions.

I guess it's ok if people use it as a signature. But using it in competitions, would be as if you're stealing votes from someone. I know that's not your intentions, but just giving you a heads up be careful.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="MentallyCritical, post: 0]does it say anything on the site like that?[/quote]

Bottom of the site I got the pic from:

Images can only be downloaded from this website for personal use as background/desktop wallpapers
So yes, they are user supplied and can be used for non-promotional or non-commercial use.

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="MentallyCritical, post: 0]go on a site that is made purely for siging & designing & most people would agree with me.[/quote]

You seem to be forgetting what site your currently on.

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="MentallyCritical, post: 0]just because i am on a gaming site that doesn't meant that they are excused to do whatever the hell they want ?[/quote]

No, but it means standards are definitely not the same and its not really fair to hold PSU designers to standards of those on a dedicated design forum.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="MentallyCritical, post: 0]thats called riping what you have done right there sir.As you have taken the image from the Internet without the permission of the maker of the image & just added you forums name onto it.

his work is not exactly work when there is not even a decent amount of work put into it.[/quote]

if you put images on the internet without a disclaimer or your name over them (forget the proper term), then they are open for non commercial use.

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Jesus Christ, everyone needs to calm down.

I agree with MC to a point. MC we have been through this before about 4 or 5 months ago. If you cannot give constructive criticism then do not say anything at all. You say you want people to get better and join the DS but all your doing here is making people want to give up because of your nasty comments.

But people need to lighten up and not be so serious all the time. It's not good for the forums or your health.

-MGNT

Theft

Elite Guru
Nov 9, 2006
Tulsa, OK
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 0]Nothing much, Theft handed out free cookies.[/quote]

It's what I do. A little bit of crowd control can go a long way. Heh.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 0]Nothing much, Theft handed out free cookies.[/quote]
God Damn it, I missed another cookie hand out.:mad:

Cyklops

Super Elite
Aug 19, 2008
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 0]God Damn it, I missed another cookie hand out.:mad:[/quote]
Don't worry. I am sure there'll be another handout soon enough. :lol:

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="V3nom, post: 0]

This doesn't.[/quote]

That's nothing new though is it. Not from him anyway.

Good to see your so active about getting the DS up and running against Theft.

Used to be a time, long ago, that the SOTW were a thing to behold.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
I just hope they keep getting such a big turnout. If so then with another really cool theme, the SOTW would be epic.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="Tribunal, post: 0]Kick spider!

Kick spider!

Kick spider![/quote]
Kick you ya big bully! :snicker

Did theft say who he was bringing in to the DS?

@Kingpin

Looks like, NoUseMercenary, and THUGGEDOUT got let down.