Destiny

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
I was just scrolling through all the topics and I was shocked to not see one for Destiny (unless I missed it, if I did, my bad).

This is the game that I've been waiting to see actual gameplay of at E3. IMO, they really did save the best for last. I've been a Halo fan since it originally launched on the Xbox. To me, it's a complete FPS and they've done a great job over the years holding onto the strength that no other FPS has matched. I was saddened to see that 343 developed Halo 4 without the help of Bungie, however they did do a good job. Enough about that, I wanna talk about Destiny.

The gameplay footage that was shown really pulled me in. The presentation was great, the gameplay looked fun, the graphics were beautiful, however, the one big thing that pulled me in - MMO style. I would love to be able to play the campaign and have friends jump in whenever they wanted without having to back out and invite them. It really is going to be a game changer and will make this a really fun campaign to play with friends.

The one thing though that of course wasn't shown off unfortunately was the multiplayer. I'm not talking about co-op, I'm talking about 4v4 Deathmatch, Free for All's, etc. That's where Bungie separated themselves from other FPS and it truly started online console gaming with Halo 2. I'm sure we'll find out more in the future, and I personally can not wait any longer.

Now, my question to all of you - When it was announced at E3 that PlayStation signed an exclusive agreement with Bungie, what does that entail? Exclusive content? DLC coming earlier to PlayStation (i.e. CoD with Xbox)? Last I checked, this was a multi-platform game. Hopefully someone knows or we will know in the near future. Too bad this game isn't a launch title, but it'll be worth the wait when it's released in 2014.

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
I cannot wait for this freaking game!!!!!! It sounds so cool like the way it kinda has that butterfly effect whenever you do something and my God! Just think of how awesome that is!

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
Definitely seems like a game I can get lost in for hours...

-An open world to explore
-RPG elements
-epic moments that can happen at any time
-rock solid gameplay no doubt

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 6113073]Definitely seems like a game I can get lost in for hours...

-An open world to explore
-RPG elements
-epic moments that can happen at any time
-rock solid gameplay no doubt[/QUOTE]

Thiiis.

It just oozes quality and the dynamic world event they showed happenign was slick. I think it's going to be a very very good game

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="Pap3rThin, post: 6112994]I was just scrolling through all the topics and I was shocked to not see one for Destiny (unless I missed it, if I did, my bad).

This is the game that I've been waiting to see actual gameplay of at E3. IMO, they really did save the best for last. I've been a Halo fan since it originally launched on the Xbox. To me, it's a complete FPS and they've done a great job over the years holding onto the strength that no other FPS has matched. I was saddened to see that 343 developed Halo 4 without the help of Bungie, however they did do a good job. Enough about that, I wanna talk about Destiny.

The gameplay footage that was shown really pulled me in. The presentation was great, the gameplay looked fun, the graphics were beautiful, however, the one big thing that pulled me in - MMO style. I would love to be able to play the campaign and have friends jump in whenever they wanted without having to back out and invite them. It really is going to be a game changer and will make this a really fun campaign to play with friends.

The one thing though that of course wasn't shown off unfortunately was the multiplayer. I'm not talking about co-op, I'm talking about 4v4 Deathmatch, Free for All's, etc. That's where Bungie separated themselves from other FPS and it truly started online console gaming with Halo 2. I'm sure we'll find out more in the future, and I personally can not wait any longer.

Now, my question to all of you - When it was announced at E3 that PlayStation signed an exclusive agreement with Bungie, what does that entail? Exclusive content? DLC coming earlier to PlayStation (i.e. CoD with Xbox)? Last I checked, this was a multi-platform game. Hopefully someone knows or we will know in the near future. Too bad this game isn't a launch title, but it'll be worth the wait when it's released in 2014.[/QUOTE]

Destiny looks fucking awesome. I wish I could download it today.

Jun 4, 2013
Destiny is a quite interesting action game. It is fully loaded with impressive features. Each stage of game offers new challenges and excitement. It is the game I have been searching for.

FireSol

Super Elite
Mar 23, 2007
Moscow
but i have one BIG complain about how they show it. it was on sony stage and later live in room. the scenario how he play it was the same. ppl connect in the same time, 2nd player died at boss, same wepapon demonstration...it looks wired for me. why not show different aproaches?

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
For anyone who played defiance it's kind of like that except more freaking epic! I cannot wait! I just keep watching the gameplay video over and over again on YouTube and man! I just drool and my mouth is open the whole time I'm watching it! It's just so awesome!

The graphics are amazing, seems like it will have a pretty advanced story behind it. And the class system along with the powers you can get.

Just pure speechless, definitely a Pre-order, first buy, must play, game of the year for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

atrin1

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2013
I know they said 2014 release date but do we know what month?

Definitely very excited for this game. I think it's the big splash intro game to next gen console. Beside Infamous and Killzone of course

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
[QUOTE="atrin1, post: 6115630]I know they said 2014 release date but do we know what month?

Definitely very excited for this game. I think it's the big splash intro game to next gen console. Beside Infamous and Killzone of course[/QUOTE]

If you look at all of Bungie's previously released games, it's more or less been in September. It's probably a safe bet that we should see it around that time next year.

F

Flaw3d Genius

I find it hard to get excited by a Bungie game as they have not made a truly great game since the original Halo! Okay Reach looked amazing but the gameplay was so sterile compared to other recent games....

I thought Destiny looked amazing graphically but the gameplay was so Halo

Jan 29, 2007
I'm excited for Destiny, was hoping for launch window. I think it'll be around Feb- May 2014. All the games shown at E3 for PS4 are coming within the first year aren't hey? I'm sure they said it during the conference

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="EvilJ0k3r, post: 6115452]For anyone who played defiance [/QUOTE]

I'm playing that on 360 at the moment, I really quite enjoy it. But Destiny definitely looks to be on another level. I was always excited for Destiny as it was Bungie, and now having seen it in action - I'm just as excited.