Detroit: Become Human has sold through more than 2 million units worldwide

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, with exclusives like this (and many others) that has been released this generation, the PS5 is going to be something to look forward to. If it continues like this that is.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Shouldn't the sales be greater for an established developer? Not saying they need to post Rockstar numbers but 2 million sold after nearly six months doesn't sound that great. It is selling considerably less than Horizon, which sold 7.6 million within a year. So maybe 3 million overall by May 2019.

At least the way I understand it is that a large majority of game sales come early on before a gradual or sharp decrease.

I have no idea how well new IPs from Xbox sell. I can't even name any apart from Sea of Thieves and ReCore, haha.

Last edited:

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Shouldn't the sales be greater for an established developer? Not saying they need to post Rockstar numbers but 2 million sold after nearly six months doesn't sound that great. It is selling considerably less than Horizon, which sold 7.6 million within a year. So maybe 3 million overall by May 2019.

At least the way I understand it is that a large majority of game sales come early on before a gradual or sharp decrease.

I have no idea how well new IPs from Xbox sell. I can't even name any apart from Sea of Thieves and ReCore, haha.
Fans love exclusives but when it comes to cinematic gameplay like heavy rain, Bts or Detroit I think this is where some gamers just not into it or like this sort of gameplay in games!
If 2m is good enough for them I don't see what the issue is. I waited on Detroit to go down in.price before buying because facts are I never pay full price for a game, again £50 must of made them wait. Black Friday I could barley find Detroit for decent price point buy lucky I found last copy it was hard to come buy that weekend. I guess it shifted more copies in that week alone than release day.
If I'm correct until dawn is the same scenario as exclusive as cinematic gameplay sold just under 2mill I think. It has an audience for sure but not as big as it makes out but at least it sells at a good mark.

Jun 4, 2007

This is there fastest selling title to date. This is very well considering the genre. I don't think Sony would announce numbers they're not pleased with.

Heavy Rain sold 5.3m copies across the ps3 and ps4.
Beyond Two Souls was said to have sold 2.8m copies across the ps3 and ps4. Sony didn't give that figure. I'm guessing it came from a magazine.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/07/17/beyond-two-souls-sales-ps3-ps4/#/slide/1

Last edited:

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
Fans love exclusives but when it comes to cinematic gameplay like heavy rain, Bts or Detroit I think this is where some gamers just not into it or like this sort of gameplay in games!
This is true actually. There are gamers that are instantly turned off by this genre due to the lack of gameplay and being almost completely story focus oriented.

Beyond Two Souls was said to have sold 2.8m copies across the ps3 and ps4. Sony didn't give that figure. I'm guessing it came from a magazine.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/07/17/beyond-two-souls-sales-ps3-ps4/#/slide/1
If I recall correctly something that didn't help Beyond 2 Souls originally was that the story was not told in a chronological order. It jumps all over the place until the very end, which ended up being a turn off for many.

Jun 4, 2007
If I recall correctly something that didn't help Beyond 2 Souls originally was that the story was not told in a chronological order. It jumps all over the place until the very end, which ended up being a turn off for many.
I remember that too. I got it on PSplus but I still don't want to play it due to that reason. I don't know what David Cage was thinking with that concept.

Jan 19, 2018
Glad to see it sold well. I enjoyed it personally. Not great, but still good. I liked Heavy Rain more.