Devil May Cry trailer.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
Meh better then i was expecting still offensive to call that dante, im gonna call him dantes stupid clone and call it devil possible may cry then i might think of buying it, till then no, just no, i want old dante and old DMC back not this deranged clone.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of any new DMC game. My bud will most certainly be excited to hear about this. As for me, I can't say I'm a veteran DMC fan or anything of the sort. I played DMC4 and thought it was good, but nothing revolutionary and nothing I could play for extended periods of time. Depending on what we see about this game in the time to come, I may or may not get this game.

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
Is it wrong that I've never had any interest in the Devil May Cry series but am only interested in this title due to Ninja Theory's involvement? I consider Enslaved to be one of this generation's best games, and am only curious to give this a run-through due to my appreciation of NT's previous two titles. Apparently I'm one of the few who consider them to be competent developers.

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5635695]Meh better then i was expecting still offensive to call that dante, im gonna call him dantes stupid clone and call it devil possible may cry then i might think of buying it, till then no, just no, i want old dante and old DMC back not this deranged clone.[/QUOTE]
Call him Dino, as other call him. Dino means "Dante in name only".
After hearing the whole angel/demon thing I have given up on this game.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Mael Duin, post: 5635799]Call him Dino, as other call him. Dino means "Dante in name only".
After hearing the whole angel/demon thing I have given up on this game.[/QUOTE]
Guess dino it is!

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
^I was thinking the same thing.

This extremely similar-looking gameplay once again begs the question of why it was so necessary to reboot the series. Sure, the aim is to westernize it, but it wasn't like the series didn't have a healthy western following to begin with.

But I guess the counter-argument is that if it's the same game (more or less), then no harm no foul.

Either way, it seems odd...but I'll gladly play the game.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2006
United States
I see after the hoopla over the charaters look and enemies, they went to fast cuts and action scenes.

Kind of a smart move to get it under the radar, but the stigma is still there.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Bio, post: 5635851]^I was thinking the same thing.

This extremely similar-looking gameplay once again begs the question of why it was so necessary to reboot the series. Sure, the aim is to westernize it, but it wasn't like the series didn't have a healthy western following to begin with.

But I guess the counter-argument is that if it's the same game (more or less), then no harm no foul.

Either way, it seems odd...but I'll gladly play the game.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's because I compared it to the city and chuch scenes from DMC4, but it just seemed half-hearted.

Cloudie

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2005
At this point, there's really nothing Crapcom can show me that will make me want to shell out $60 ( or any amount of money for that matter ) for this.

btbam

Super Elite
Jan 28, 2011
The Moor
Dino it is, realy stupid. Dante has a classic image that can be open to interpretation. but making him a little emo looking punk with black justin bieber bangs is not cool. I will not be gitting this game even though DMC3 was one of my favorite games.

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5636305]I can't believe so many people would take issue with something as silly as his hair.[/QUOTE]Maybe you would if you followed the story.

Anyways...

I can't wait for this game to release and flop head first. Screw Crapcom and Ninja Theory.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
stuttering at what looks to be 30 - 25- 35fps, lovely!
is this leaked footage, cuz no self-respecting japanese company would release footage that bad to impress gamers would they?

Last edited:

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
To me DMC dies after no.1 sorry it just did this looks rubbish same old stuff with a different looking character they call Dante when it looks nothing like him I mean if you aged that version it wouldn't look like the Dante we see in No.4 thats for sure.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Nakatomi Uk, post: 5636350]To me DMC dies after no.1 sorry it just did this looks rubbish same old stuff with a different looking character they call Dante when it looks nothing like him I mean if you aged that version it wouldn't look like the Dante we see in No.4 thats for sure.[/QUOTE]

DMC3 was considered the best tho?
DMC3 >>DMC>>>>>DMC4>>>>>>>DMC2

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 5636360]DMC3 was considered the best tho?
DMC3 >>DMC>>>>>DMC4>>>>>>>DMC2[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. I'm not a fan of DMC1 but DMC3 is freaking godlike game and one of my all time favorites (only Bayonetta wins). But general opinion is that DMC3 is best and DMC1 not far away from it. DMC4 is still considered as a good game but DMC2 is horrible.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5636338]Maybe you would if you followed the story.

Anyways...

I can't wait for this game to release and flop head first. Screw Crapcom and Ninja Theory.[/QUOTE] Doesn't matter, it's not that big a deal.

Gaddes

Super Elite
Sep 2, 2008
Myrtle Beach S.C
www.facebook.com
It's a shame that people still keep acting like the detractors are just dislike the game because of the hair. Never mind the fact the game is stuttering along at sub 25 FPS, a mediocre developer making the make with a spotty track record at best, an ill suited Engine for a game of this genre (at least in NT's hands anyways) and over all looks like an awful westernized mess. Yep, it's just the hair.

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
I'm not impressed by the video. The new guy doesn't look too convincing and misses the cool factor Dante had.

I wish Capcom stop trying new things and just make more of the same because that's what their fans like and will buy.

rycexboi

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2005
cgi.ebay.com
[QUOTE="Gaddes, post: 5635826]I still see fail. Same clunky animation, lame ret-conned back story, 3 enemies on screen waiting for Dante to wail on them, Bloom out the ass and Dante's Inferno/Heavenly Sword/generic action game. After all these months this is the best they can offer? Pathetic.

View attachment 3259 [/QUOTE]

I see the same also, I lost faith in Ninja Theory after playing enslaved with clunky animations/ frame rate drops which gave me a headache.

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5636377]Doesn't matter, it's not that big a deal.[/QUOTE]apparently it is one of the problems dmc fans are having with this reboot.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Gaddes, post: 5636384]It's a shame that people still keep acting like the detractors are just dislike the game because of the hair. Never mind the fact the game is stuttering along at sub 25 FPS, a mediocre developer making the make with a spotty track record at best, an ill suited Engine for a game of this genre (at least in NT's hands anyways) and over all looks like an awful westernized mess. Yep, it's just the hair.[/QUOTE] I don't know if you're talking about this thread specifically, but no one really thinks that. Everyone here has valid reasons for not liking it. I just happen to find complaints about the hair to be a bit silly.

Gaddes

Super Elite
Sep 2, 2008
Myrtle Beach S.C
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5636406]I don't know if you're talking about this thread specifically, but no one really thinks that. Everyone here has valid reasons for not liking it. I just happen to find complaints about the hair to be a bit silly.[/QUOTE]

Oh I fully agree with you. He could have pink for all care.