Devil May Cry trailer.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Gaddes, post: 5636470]Oh I fully agree with you. He could have pink for all care.[/QUOTE]

That would make it better.

Sep 7, 2007
The problem for me on the new looks is when DT is active hes Goes into Normal DMC3 look now then how can he in later games can have another devil triger ot maks no sence he should oly have on not two

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="MetalSora, post: 5636862]The problem for me on the new looks is when DT is active hes Goes into Normal DMC3 look now then how can he in later games can have another devil triger ot maks no sence he should oly have on not two[/QUOTE]
It's a reboot, it's not canon with the previous DMCs. It takes some elements from them and can have some common things with the story, but in the end it's not a straight prequel to DMC1-4 and it takes some liberties with certain things as well as changes things around.

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...vil-May-Cry-Skeptics-Secretly-Want-to-Like-It

Ninja Theory co-founder, Tameem Antoniades reckons that fans doubting the upcoming Devil May Cry prequel are not being entirely honest with themselves.

Earlier in the year Devil May Cry Fans were unpleasantly surprised by Ninja Theory's upcoming take on the series. The most prominent complaint, or at least the only one that could be heard over the angry hooting and calls for immediate bloody revolution, was about Dante's new character design. Fans, it seems, were not pleased with Ninja Theory's decision to replace their beloved platinum-haired studmuffin with a guy who wouldn't look out of place on the cover of Trainspotting. Ninja Theory's response, in essence, is a raised hand, palm forwards, and instructions to voice your concerns to it, because the face certainly ain't listening.

"We've got our plan and we're not changing it," Tameem Antoniades said at a presentation at Gamescom 2011. Talking about character designs, producer Alex Jones claimed that Capcom Japan is just as responsible for Dante's controversial new look as Ninja Theory. Character design is what Capcom Japan is deeply, deeply involved with," said Jones. "[Ninja Theory and Capcom have had] dozens of meetings over character design," he added.

Antoniades claimed that the game "will feel like a proper Devil May Cry game when you have a controller in your hand" and that, "The people who are skeptical secretly want to like it. And our job is to prove it's Devil May Cry in essence."

Judging by its past efforts -Enslaved and Heavenly Sword- Ninja Theory is spilling over with writing talent, something previous Devil May Cry developers Capcom sorely lack, but there's some question as to whether Devil May Cry's gameplay will match the quality of its Capcom-made predecessors. Previous Devil May Cry games all ran at a solid 60 frames per second, while the upcoming prequel runs at half that. It's not uncommon for console titles to be locked to 30FPS these days, but it's a first for the Devil May Cry series. 60FPS games are noticeably smoother than their 30FPS counterparts, an important feature in a game which relies on strict timing and quick reactions. Antoniades defended the decision, claiming that the lower frame rate allows more interesting game mechanics, such as the way levels can change drastically in real time. He also claimed that the "feel of 60FPS" would be maintained.
He keeps living in the mirror world.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/101936...t_like_young_people_t- oday_no_prospects.html

Ninja Theory has been talking about reinventing Dante for its Devil May Cry reboot, DmC.

DmC is prequel, set some time before the original Devil May Cry, when Dante is a teenager.

Ninja Theory, who previously made Enslaved and Heavenly Sword, told us that in DmC, "Dante is much more aggressive, angry, and much more of a street brawler."

The developer went on to say, "A lot of this is about how Dante becomes the way he is and why he's so angry at the world. There's a lot of satire on this game. He's a lot like young people today, no prospects... He's very angry."

Last year's reveal of Dante's new look was met with derision from many Devil May Cry fans.

DmC is due to be released in 2012 on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2006
"Ninja Theory co-founder, Tameem Antoniades reckons that fans doubting the upcoming Devil May Cry prequel are not being entirely honest with themselves."
ugh the only one not being honest with themselves is u NinjaTam.

"Judging by its past efforts -Enslaved and Heavenly Sword- Ninja Theory is spilling over with writing talent, something previous Devil May Cry developers Capcom sorely lack"
I'm surprise they haven't claim to invent the action adventure genre.:shock::lol:

Croyles

Super Elite
Apr 6, 2007
I never even thought the old Dante was a good character model. Why not change it up a bit. Plus its Ninja Theory so it might bring soemthing fresh to table. DMC4 was pretty bad imo. Plus Ninja Theory are miles better at telling a story than the old DMC team ever was!

Seems like a lot of people are jumping on the hate bandwagon. Ill probably rent it myself.

Last edited:

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="Croyles, post: 5637201]I never even thought the old Dante was a good character model. Why not change it up a bit. Plus its Ninja Theory so it might bring soemthing fresh to table. DMC4 was pretty bad imo. Plus Ninja Theory are miles better at telling a story than the old DMC team ever was!

Seems like a lot of people are jumping on the hate bandwagon. Ill probably rent it myself.[/QUOTE]
I respect that you don't like older DMC-games or Dante that much, but others do, the ones who have supported the franchise. Dante is known and loved by many and he became one of those liked and memorable characters of videogame world.

I never got the story excuse. DMC games have NEVER been about story. You want story? Play games which focus on it. DMC-games focuses on combos, hard battles and crazy/corny partying. It's like changing Solid Snakes personality, looks and past to something else and the games would have jumping from wall to wall, Snake throwing shurikens and using ninjutsu. According to inside sources this game is a hybrid of Heavenly Sword/God of War.

And it's not like the older games didn't sell.

(Sales are old, DMC4 has sold more than that)

Croyles

Super Elite
Apr 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Mael Duin, post: 5637224]I respect that you don't like older DMC-games or Dante that much, but others do, the ones who have supported the franchise. Dante is known and loved by many and he became one of those liked and memorable characters of videogame world.

I never got the story excuse. DMC games have NEVER been about story. You want story? Play games which focus on it. DMC-games focuses on combos, hard battles and crazy/corny partying. It's like changing Solid Snakes personality, looks and past to something else and the games would have jumping from wall to wall, Snake throwing shurikens and using ninjutsu. According to inside sources this game is a hybrid of Heavenly Sword/God of War.

And it's not like the older games didn't sell.

(Sales are old, DMC4 has sold more than that)[/QUOTE]
I said I didnt like DMC4, I loved 1 and 3...

Saix7

Superior Member
May 5, 2007
Now that it's known as an origin story, things have cooled down a bit from fans.

Of course fans would have a negative reaction to this new Dante.

btbam

Super Elite
Jan 28, 2011
The Moor
People are trivializing the changed hair, but to me it represents a classic character. They just opened up a new story with Nero and Dante, and are abandoning it for a reboot??? I would hope the tied up loose ends before rebooting. I will not buy this game because honestly I believe they are defiling the character by making it an angsty little twat with Justin bieber bangs

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
[QUOTE="ddPLaNeT, post: 5636389]
I wish Capcom stop trying new things and just make more of the same because that's what their fans like and will buy.[/QUOTE]

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
According to inside sources this game is a hybrid of Heavenly Sword/God of War.
What inside sources? Inside sources are usually bullshit. Because the trailer and everything I've read about it, to me, look & sound much more Devil May Cry than either of those games (though, a bit slower than past games, but that could change since they should have at least ~a year or more of development time left). Of course the actual quality can't be judged from just watching & reading about it (especially since it's only recently advanced to such a state that it can even be shown publicly), but the info released so far IS somewhat promising. I don't think the final game will be on par with DMC3 or even 1, but I do think it could still be a very enjoyable action game and the combat way more deep than anything in God of War.

But yeah, back to topic, there seem to be moves from past games, what looks like move cancelling and some "freedom in expression" (i.e., you're not made to repeat the same few combos like in GoW & Heavenly Sword, but can combine different combos & moves to build at least somewhat more complex combos than anything GoW or HS allow). Heavenly Sword & God of War have nothing but pre-set combos, the trailer made it seem that's really not the case with DmC, even if the 30fps framerate & slightly slower pace don't allow for as deep & responsive combat as previous games in the series.

The only thing that is kinda like Heavenly Sword is the removal of "styles" and instead having three different "stances" or forms for the weapon (sword, a swordwhip-like form that kind acts like Nero's Devil Bringer), which is kinda like Heavenly Sword's three forms. But the actual combat still looks more DMC than Heavenly Sword.

Last edited:

rbrtchng

Forum Guru
Aug 25, 2006
THe new trailer really surprised me at just how much I want this game now. I like the more open environments, just feels right.