Did y'all know that you can play the Vita with the DS4?

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
Yup there's a way to do it but there's a catch: you can't do this remotely and you can only do this with PS4 games on your Vita, not Vita games.

What you need to do is make a separate account on your PS4 unless you already have one. We'll call this extra account a decoy account, this is not the account that would normally be tied to your Vita. Your Vita games are tied to your original account I assume (because that would make sense and only way you could download your PS+ games on your Vita) so keep it that way. Now if you don't care to download any PS+ games or care to keep your original account on the Vita, you can actually play your original account on your Vita with the DS4 with this trick.

Anyway, get on your decoy account on the PS4.

Connect your PS Vita to your PS4 through remote play. It will now connect to your main account even though your PS4 is on the decoy accont.

Your decoy account will show up on the Vita. Don't press any buttons on the Vita.

Turn on your DS4 and connect it to the decoy account.

You can now play your Vita with a DS4 but only PS4 games.

(If you have another person with you, you can play two players using the Vita controls)

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Actually did this a few months ago and it works pretty well, the only thing that slightly annoyed me was the fact you had to keep touching the Vita screen otherwise it goes dark on you

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Well, every day's a school day. Wasn't aware of that but I'll certainly give it a go, cheers for the heads up @Omar.

P.S Please can you stick to 'you all' rather than 'y'all', that just reminds me of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Sony the wankers should just make the DS4 pair with the Vita and have a no time limit set to dim the screen. Simple.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6497240]Sony the wankers should just make the DS4 pair with the Vita and have a no time limit set to dim the screen. Simple.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

It would make more sense, but then again they don't care about the Vita so I'm not surprised!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6497241]It would make more sense, but then again they don't care about the Vita so I'm not surprised![/QUOTE]
Exactly. This is why I prefer remote play on the Z3 tablet. Bit of a bigger screen but DS4 works perfectly with no faffing around. The programming it needs through Bluetooth is already there so why this can't be added to the Vita I don't know.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6497222]Actually did this a few months ago and it works pretty well, the only thing that slightly annoyed me was the fact you had to keep touching the Vita screen otherwise it goes dark on you[/QUOTE]really? did not know that but makes sense. there is one thing you can do though, change the settings so the vita doesn't go to sleep for a long time...maybe that's what's causing it?

[QUOTE="ArnoldRimmer, post: 6497228]Well, every day's a school day. Wasn't aware of that but I'll certainly give it a go, cheers for the heads up @Omar.

P.S Please can you stick to 'you all' rather than 'y'all', that just reminds me of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour![/QUOTE]
LOL funny cause i was doing the country boy y'all but a lot of black people have southern accent so makes sense.
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6497240]Sony the wankers should just make the DS4 pair with the Vita and have a no time limit set to dim the screen. Simple.

i know! i heard someone day that the xperia phone has the support, PSP had DS3 support, PS-TV has both! it's like wtf! PS Vita needs it the most! sometimes sony acts like newbs. it's ironic that they made the best console ever (imo) to date (ps4) and then made one of the worst handhelds to date at the same time...not saying Vita is bad, just their handling of it. and those memory card prices...donno why they purposely wanted to kill their own console.
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6497241]It would make more sense, but then again they don't care about the Vita so I'm not surprised![/QUOTE]
seems that way doesn't it? seems like they cared more about the PSP LOL and that thing was not that good. i actually think the Vita is awesome. it has two sticks! it's touchscreen! i think Sony is getting desperate for profits...like activision, they won't touch anything that's not making them money. they're getting money-hungry.
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6497243]Exactly. This is why I prefer remote play on the Z3 tablet. Bit of a bigger screen but DS4 works perfectly with no faffing around. The programming it needs through Bluetooth is already there so why this can't be added to the Vita I don't know.

so weird because Vita was MEANT to be for the PS4. yup. makes no sense.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6497243]Exactly. This is why I prefer remote play on the Z3 tablet. Bit of a bigger screen but DS4 works perfectly with no faffing around. The programming it needs through Bluetooth is already there so why this can't be added to the Vita I don't know.

Same, now I have a good internet connection at home I use my Z3 phone. Looking forward to the PC remote play app, must admit playing the Xbox one is awesome on it so playing the PS4 should be just as good!

[QUOTE="Omar, post: 6497274]really? did not know that but makes sense. there is one thing you can do though, change the settings so the vita doesn't go to sleep for a long time...maybe that's what's causing it?[/QUOTE]

Tried that but to no avail, it's not the Vita going to sleep that's the problem, still keeps dipping the screen after a few minutes to save battery life and energy, it's a small issue but an annoying one!

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
Vita is a portable system. Doesn't it defeat that purpose if you need to carry around ds4 controller? And why would you ever want to downgrade the screen size that much when you can play that ps4 game on a larger screen? With your ps4....as intended....? Lol

Sent from 2000ft under the crust

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6499294]Vita is a portable system. Doesn't it defeat that purpose if you need to carry around ds4 controller? And why would you ever want to downgrade the screen size that much when you can play that ps4 game on a larger screen? With your ps4....as intended....? Lol

Sent from 2000ft under the crust[/QUOTE]
all valid questions lol. for me, it's because the DS4 is better than vita controls but why not just play it on my PS4? cause I have a 5 year old lol. but he prefers playing on the Vita anyway so this isn't useful for me but i thought it was still neat for those that wanted it.

i could see it useful if you just couldn't be in the same room as your PS4 or it wasn't convenient for you but otherwise not much use.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6499550]Uh Omar when I want to game of there is anyone using the tv they get kicked out! :)

Sent from 2000ft under the crust[/QUOTE]
oh yeah no problem in my place either with that but ya never know XD