Difficulty setting differences?

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
Does anyone know what the differences are between Solid Normal and The Boss Extreme?

Like less items, enemies take out more health? More enemies? Less ammo?

T-Dogg400

Superior Member
Jun 14, 2008
There are less items too carry including ammo and items lol, more and more enemys about which when you get hit with there weapons by them, your life becomes down in 2 shots, once your stress meter becomes higher your life and physce gauage decreases.Enemys will spot you like that(even making just about noise).

Jul 29, 2007
i made the same jump, like T-dogg said more enemies less items, like on liquid normal you can have 10 rations on the boss extreme you can only have 3. and you can't buy any ammo for non lethal weapons which is annoying. as i found out after gong trigger happy.

Oct 27, 2007
The first time I noticed the difference between big boss hard and the boss extreme is on the palace fight against the frogs. Man, that is sooo much more intense on the boss extreme...great fun!

Jun 15, 2008
Boss Extreme is much more difficult than Solid Normal. Less ammo, more enemies (who also detect you better), and Snake gets damaged more when hit.

Possible spoilers

I had a hard time on Boss Extreme in the beginning of Act 1 before you get your stuff back. I agree with Devilsbro! I also loved the tough Advent Palace battle against the Frogs. A great adrenaline rush!

Laughing Octopus was really fun. You can still use the part where the two beds are divided by the wall. Since, you can anticipate that she will drop down behind you. Although, you can mess up if you accidentally kill one of the sleeping Frogs. Which happened to me once.

I found the "rail" parts much more difficult in Boss Extreme. In Act 2 the soldiers climb up really fast. I found chaff grenades to be necessary a couple of parts. And, I'm stuck in the motorcycle section of Act 3. My overall time won't be good enough for BB emblem. But, I still would like to get past this part.

Kezmund, mentioned that you can't buy non-lethal ammo from Drebin. That's where the solar gun comes in handy. You can sometimes get the Mk. 2 ammo from your target when you use it. And, the solar gun works great on the Beauty.