DiRT 5 On PS5 Reportedly Has The Edge In Performance

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
DiRT 5 On PS5 Reportedly Has The Edge In Performance
Source

Pixel wizards Digital Foundry have put DiRT 5 on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S through its paces, and the results seem to favour the version on Sony’s next-generation console in terms of resolution and frame rate.

According to their report, the PS5 version of the off-road racer features a higher average resolution and enhanced texture filtering for the game’s Image Quality mode. In addition, there’s also a noticeable increase in detail at 120 FPS. However, there’s no VRR support for the PS5 means that the Xbox Series X/S version sees a cleaner refresh rate.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Looks like PS5 is the king of launch window games, for whatever reason.

Wonder if the same will apply for Cyberpunk... it probably will... at least at launch.

It will be very interesting to see if those "Optimized for Series X" actually receive a dedicated performance patch that equals or surpasses the performance on PS5. I don't expect anything like that in games like DMC5 though.

Looks like I made the right decision by buying a PS5 + RTX 3070 + Game Pass Ultimate

XSX can wait. Will be cheap to me as I have a 2TB One X to sell, and they sell at a good price over here.