Dirt 5: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S Comparison + Performance - Every Game Mode Tested! By DF

Sep 10, 2005
Series x/s version of the game is using VRS,not sure if the PS5 version does something equivalent for this title.Both running very similar,fps and resolution.Aside from S that dips as low as 570p in frame rate mode...

And wow the detail on Ps5 120fps mode is on another level!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2005
Man, you're fast. I came here to post this video too. :)
Just happened to see it 1st after i finished playing warzone lol

I am :eek:

This was supposed to be one of those showoff titles for the SX and its 12TF.
It has a bit less frames at 120fps but the detail is astonishing,they said its the same detail as the resolution mode...It could be locked 120 with less detail but i wouldn't want that.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Considering AC was near enough a 1:1, i'd also be inclined to believe that it's a bug as well.

I know DF also made a big deal of it, but i kinda got lost in the middle and im not sure what they were talking about with regard to vsync. Their frame-time graphs looked like Vsync was engaged for both consoles. Maybe it's because i principally play on a pc, but dropping to keep sync is still noticeable and VRR does not help in that case at all, you still feel it. VRR works best when the render times are slightly longer than the 'targeted' time, and the screen is told to wait a little longer for the next frame. Solid drops are solid drops...

Sep 10, 2005
Considering AC was near enough a 1:1, i'd also be inclined to believe that it's a bug as well.

I know DF also made a big deal of it, but i kinda got lost in the middle and im not sure what they were talking about with regard to vsync. Their frame-time graphs looked like Vsync was engaged for both consoles. Maybe it's because i principally play on a pc, but dropping to keep sync is still noticeable and VRR does not help in that case at all, you still feel it. VRR works best when the render times are slightly longer than the 'targeted' time, and the screen is told to wait a little longer for the next frame. Solid drops are solid drops...
If its a bug it will get fixed,not sure tho how a bug like this could escape the testers....I want to see the Fps on series x after the bug is fixed.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
If its a bug it will get fixed,not sure tho how a bug like this could escape the testers....I want to see the Fps on series x after the bug is fixed.
When you build one of these the process is usually automatic. Whatever the reason, they're probably having an issue with the SX build. If MS have switched to a new dev stack, then issues like this can crop up. Not familiar with it so can't really say where exactly they may have the issue. This tends to be out of QA's hands since they won't get a 'QA build' that runs the SX version either.

Sep 10, 2005
When you build one of these the process is usually automatic. Whatever the reason, they're probably having an issue with the SX build. If MS have switched to a new dev stack, then issues like this can crop up. Not familiar with it so can't really say where exactly they may have the issue. This tends to be out of QA's hands since they won't get a 'QA build' that runs the SX version either.
By missing so many assets and poly counts tho,fps will most likely go down when these are added....

Sep 10, 2005
Developers said they will fix it in an upcoming patch.So now we wait to see what will happen to FPS after they do.

Last edited: