Disaster in the making

Jun 23, 2013
Who else is still eagerly waiting for a steady stream of PS5 availability?

Sometimes I get so close to ordering, yet when I hit "Checkout" on Walmart's web site, I get "too bad, out of stock." :mad:

Is anybody else infuriated by the bots stealing all of the limited inventory when it goes back it stock?

It wasn't this way with the PS4 launch.

I was able to preorder the PS4 no problem (via Amazon), but not the PS5... :rolleyes:

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Me. My waiting time for the ones (I'm just gonna keep one) I pre ordered is 4-6 months as far as I know now.

Yeah, it really sucks. In NA you (they) have problems with scalpers taking all the consoles with their bots and in other parts of the world we (they) don't get many units at all to begin with. It was definitely easier to get a PS4. I wish people in NA would stop buying from the scalpers, they wouldn't have a market if people didn't buy from them. And I wish Sony would send more units our way, outside of NA.

Jun 4, 2007
I was lucky and able to get my preorder in at Walmart in Sept. It was when they didn't announce a time that their preorders would be available. The bots didn't get a chance to box me out.

It's crazy that people are paying $1500 or more for the console.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I was lucky and able to get my preorder in at Walmart in Sept. It was when they didn't announce a time that their preorders would be available. The bots didn't get a chance to box me out.

Yeah, I've seen prices above $2000, it's not as bad here yet, I've only seen double the retail price so far. Some people really have more money than brains.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Sadly, that's quite true.

Same story down our end as well. The digital version sells for >$700, but people are putting them up for over $1500. Crazy. The console isn't exactly on a limited run or anything... sheesh.
If people would just have a little patience and managed to wait a few weeks and/or months the scalpers would be stuck with all those PS5's and XBox's. Would serve them right.

Jun 23, 2013

I think this might explain why it's so hard to find one.

TLDR: Don't expect to see steady supply until 2022.

Jun 4, 2007
I think this might explain why it's so hard to find one.

TLDR: Don't expect to see steady supply until 2022.
Jim Ryan said that they were able to produce more PS5s than PS4s during the same period. I'm not sure about Microsoft since they don't talk about their numbers anymore.

I remember not seeing any ps4s until March post-launch. I'm guessing it'll be the same here.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
I have purchased both Xbox and Playstations on the day of their release for years - except this year. I didn't even try to. I have been pretty underwhelmed by the lack of exclusive games for each at launch and so I'm just holding off. I don't mind when the stream of PS5s become available for now.

Oct 15, 2020
Who else is still eagerly waiting for a steady stream of PS5 availability?

Sometimes I get so close to ordering, yet when I hit "Checkout" on Walmart's web site, I get "too bad, out of stock." :mad:

Is anybody else infuriated by the bots stealing all of the limited inventory when it goes back it stock?

It wasn't this way with the PS4 launch.

I was able to preorder the PS4 no problem (via Amazon), but not the PS5... :rolleyes:
I got lucky on the 12th, (US release date) at 610am Bestbuy Had in store pick up only, not shipping to avoid bots. Got the console in on Tuesday the 17th. I originally missed the first pre-order batch when retailers jumped the gun a day before and thought i'd never grab another one till dec-Jan.