Discuss the recent league table announcement!

Fangrim

Stupid Git
Sep 28, 2006
It sounds awesome!

I can't wait to see how this works in real life!

One thing pops to mind though - is there any way you guys can make sure that people from different time zones "speak the same language"?

Either by using each person's Time Zone preference here on the forums, or maybe using GMT or something like that? I can imagine that Daylight Saving Times will be a biznach to take into account ;o)

Dec 23, 2005
I guess its alright. It would be cool if you could implement teams into it as well. It's very much like gamebattles, but will there be any prizes or rewards for doing well or is it just for fun?

DOGG

Veteran
Dec 17, 2005
Will this be possible to use with the Xbox 360 in mind? I know it doesn't have the internet browser, but hey. Same concept.

Very innovative IMO. Nice stuff.

M

mastershake86

This is a great idea. Atleast if temporarily the psn can't give us good matchmaking we can get it in here. It might not be needed after home, but I love the idea anyway.

dc writer

Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
BAM!! this is groundbreaking! almost as groundbreaking as PSHOME! :lol:

Will this be only assessable via ps3 internet browser? I would need a bluetooth keyboard & mouse for that.
Oh, you know what would be cool?? speaking of which.. integrating this idea into PSHOME for ps3forumers would be killer! like in the ps3forum space or something?

What you think?

Mar 19, 2006
Sounds like a trojan horse for massive forum expansion. Maybe NeoGaf will come knocking soon enough... or Sony's software development team.

The House

Master Guru
Jul 13, 2005
Great idea on bringing the community together.

You guys should contact Sony yo have your own custom lobby/room in Home like the devs and other website have.

A place where you could have real SMC meetings or mod meetings to discuss the forums through voice chat or video in Home. That would be cool.

X

Xaor

Implementing 360 aswell as Ps3 into this would be great, afterall this is a rounded community.

Ps3 comes first though, for obvious reasons, it sounds interesting to say the least, but I'm never one to pass judgement on something before it comes out.

Feb 17, 2006
Make sure it will be easily viewed in the PS3 browser, as it'd be pretty nifty to have the challenge system/ranking tables accessible right from the PS3. Schedule a challenge, take a look at the tables, and head on over to the game all without leaving the PS3.

It'd be nice if it had a XMB format, as it's proven to be a clean, concise and basic way to organize items.

As for the time, I would suggest picking EST as I think it's kind of the "average" of times.

Someone already suggested this, but make sure it stays simple for now. People should be able to hop right in -- without shuffling through setting up a gigantic profile, then onto 4 windows to sign in, then 4 more to pick the game and a rival.

The most important thing to show off is the concept and the possibilities; if it stays simple then people will be able to offer feedback and dictate where/how things should be implemented or placed.

If it starts off with several menu screens, and fixed, static ways of doing things, then people may be put off and feel they are being forced onto a whole new format.

I dont have a PS3 at all but it's a nice idea and thought i'd contribute.

Silas

Forum Elder
Dec 19, 2005
Make it compatable with your XMB friends.
Unlike motorstorm.
That seems to make me add buddies seperately.
Also simpleness is key. Anything too major will deter people.