Do any of you have to constantly carry your team to victory?

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I'm not trying to brag but i finish just about every match with a 2.0 k/d ratio or higher. Yet i'm 27-62 in Wins/Losses. I feel like i have to carry my team every match.

Is it just me or are people generally not as good at Black Ops as past Call of Duty games. I don't remember it being this bad. Maybe i'm just having bad luck. A lot of games are close, but a lot of games my team gets destroyed and i'll have like a 4.0 k/d ratio lol.

It's driving me crazy, i don't like to lose. I'm playing Team deathmatch like i always have. Mecenary mostly. Is there a better mode to rack up the Wins?

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
Free-For-All?. If you're that good then that mode is the way to go.

I also face this a lot during Team Deathmatch. I end up with 20+ kills yet my team ends up loosing. I once pulled 33 kills 5 deaths(Used Chopper, dogs, the real deal) in a match but we still lost. At the end of a match, notice that there's always, always someone with 1-3 kills 10+ deaths on your team.

Mar 22, 2007
Play domination it's great for getting kills and I find that if you have bad people on your team they usualy go for the flags because they can't kill anyone lol!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2007
Philly
<--- this guy

lol i usually play with friends and don't have a problem with it then. but when i play by myself it's ridiculous.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I figured Free For All would be just as bad because you have to come in first to win as well. So it's like a toss up who wins unless you're really good. I'll give it a try.

boogey

Elite Member
Oct 10, 2006
[QUOTE="Apocalypse-, post: 5320394]I'm always the only one capturing flags in domination. It annoys me like hell. Everyone goes for kills. and don't get me wrong, i do it as well but at the same time i capture points in the map.[/QUOTE]

thats me when i play by myself 100% of the time.. because it seems like every1 just camps.. i'm not gonna rack up the deaths by being the only one to try and capture the 3 flags

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Pub matches in all games are often like this there are usually a handful of avergae players and maybe only 1 i.e yourself thats well above average.
If you want preoper team play then I suggest you joina clan and start scrimming or join a league of some kind.

dakidx

Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2007
I'm used to not having much of a team in cod games.. People suck, im not the best but its all teamwork for me, so when i play with my ninja's im all good we always win together..

Nov 22, 2005
sometimes when i'm like owning people and i have a good kill death ratio.What i do is in the next round just sit back and see how my team do with out me.

Feb 17, 2007
Why the heck do people bother playing Domination if they aren't going for flags? I don't give a crap about my k-d ratio and seem like the only one going for the flags.

Danny2304

Master Poster
Feb 13, 2008
Liverpool, England
I constantly have to drag my team. I'm usually at 30-3+ and closest team member is like 9-15.

To reply to (people aren't as good as this COD) it's because Killstreaks can't be stacked and it takes more skill than letting.... say a chopper gunner, AC130 to get kills.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="TDbank24, post: 5320252]I'm not trying to brag but i finish just about every match with a 2.0 k/d ratio or higher. Yet i'm 27-62 in Wins/Losses. I feel like i have to carry my team every match.

Is it just me or are people generally not as good at Black Ops as past Call of Duty games. I don't remember it being this bad. Maybe i'm just having bad luck. A lot of games are close, but a lot of games my team gets destroyed and i'll have like a 4.0 k/d ratio lol.

It's driving me crazy, i don't like to lose. I'm playing Team deathmatch like i always have. Mecenary mostly. Is there a better mode to rack up the Wins?[/QUOTE]
Trust me, it's not the only game with this issue. Most people don't seem to care and if you don't have a team playing with you, chances are, the other side might...thus why I see this in almost every game I play...every since my clan has been split.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
Yeah, that's the problem. All it takes is one person on your team not trying and giving points to the other team to screw your team over. If someone starts a match off like 0-5, they should just be automatically booted lol. They put a practice mode in the game this year for a reason. If they're that bad, or not trying they shouldn't be able to bring an entire team down with them.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="TDbank24, post: 5323761]Yeah, that's the problem. All it takes is one person on your team not trying and giving points to the other team to screw your team over. If someone starts a match off like 0-5, they should just be automatically booted lol. They put a practice mode in the game this year for a reason. If they're that bad, or not trying they shouldn't be able to bring an entire team down with them.[/QUOTE]
Practice mode won't fix anything. I'll tell you the reason. The reason is that due to all the casuals now playing these games...because they made these games so easy to play (at least the aiming part), they don't give a crap about winning...they just wanna go around and do whatever they want to do...I'll guarantee you that a few of them don't even know what they're supposed to do.

I'd start playing the hardcore modes...usually you won't find people that bad there.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="TekkenLord, post: 5322686]sometimes when i'm like owning people and i have a good kill death ratio.What i do is in the next round just sit back and see how my team do with out me.[/QUOTE]I should try that also, sounds fun.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
This happened to me a few times playing yesterday after I decided to come back since patch 1.05 was out. I went 30-9 in one match and we still lost by at least a 1000 points. I usually get with in the top 4 when playing unless I come into the match too late. I hate the fact that im getting all these kills and the rest of my team is struggling to help. In the match when I went 30-9 the rest of my time had between 7-10 kills. I really didn't care about the loss as im trying to rank up since I prestiged but it was frustrating.

Jan 30, 2010
This is the issue I've been having with Black Ops, doesn't matter what game mode i play, whether it be Sabotage, Domination or even HQ, people completely ignore the objective and go around like Rambo!

It's SO annoying, I'm the only one working hard on capturing the objective but no one is there to support me, I'm always the one capturing the flag, or the headquarters.

It's a real turn off for me, I play Black Ops left often only because of the community, I'll only ever play with my friends because we know what we need to do and that's... play the objective.

Lethal-

Apprentice
Apr 14, 2007
They should introduce a game mode with the same length as objective-based modes so that people can go and get their high killstreaks etc without sacrificing the team goal.

Why they haven't thought of that is beyond me.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I'm thinking about going back to Modern Warfare 2 lol. Atleast then i can beast it up AND be rewarded for my efforts with a win. People seemed to grasp that game a little more.

h-townballa

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2006
www.skysports.com
i just finished a game where i was the only person on my team with a positive kd wtf. people just dont play smart, i mean if the whole team is camped looking in one direction don't just run at them. go around them seriously wtf. are people seriously just that stupid

boogey

Elite Member
Oct 10, 2006
i mostly play ground war.. the worst is when you have zero captures or defenses.. i rarely capture bases, but usually end up with a few defenses at key points of the game

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="h-townballa, post: 5325536]i just finished a game where i was the only person on my team with a positive kd wtf. people just dont play smart, i mean if the whole team is camped looking in one direction don't just run at them. go around them seriously wtf. are people seriously just that stupid[/QUOTE]
Yes

Feb 13, 2008
In all fairness, it doesn't sound like you are carrying your team to "victory." You might be leading the team in score but if you lose you get the same loss no matter what your K/D ratio. Sounds like you should either play FFA or get a clan/group of your buddies who are decent and play with them. I personally don't even enjoy the game unless I get to play with my friends.