Do I need to finish Unchartered 1 first?

rblanshard

Superior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Dallas
I just picked up U2 and I borrowed U1 from a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago. I haven't finished it, in fact I'm only about 30 minutes into the game, but do I need to finish U1 before I boot up U2?

I've got other games to keep me busy - I just took advantage of the Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free promo.

Your thoughts?

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
I haven't played the second game yet, but I definetly recommend the first one, its a fantastic game. Youll also get familiar with the characters while playing number 1.

Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="rblanshard, post: 0]I just picked up U2 and I borrowed U1 from a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago. I haven't finished it, in fact I'm only about 30 minutes into the game, but do I need to finish U1 before I boot up U2?

I've got other games to keep me busy - I just took advantage of the Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free promo.

Your thoughts?[/quote]

If you don't, you'll be missing out on one of the best games for the ps3 ... you probably don't need to play it to enjoy the second one ... but trust me (and alot of other gamers), finish the first one first and you'll probably appreciate the second one even more:D!

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
If you want to know the characters like Elena and Sully then I guess but it isn't really need Uncharted 2 don't take place after Uncharted 1.

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
It's not required, but it's a good idea. You gain money for the Multiplayer gaming if you have a game save from Uncharted, the amount depends on what you've done ($20K for install, $80K for completing - not sure what else, but it's be implied there are other amounts - need verification on that though.)

Most games check this upon installation (or possibly first time going into multiplayer.) And earning stuff on Uncharted after this point, won't gain you anything in Uncharted 2.

Personally, I went back and finished all the trophies except Crushing on Uncharted. I won't be able to play the game until next week. Hopefully someone will chime in on how much is earned (if anything) for having completed Uncharted on Crushing. I plan on doing it eventually, but I'd rather move into playing U2 right away.

TAZ427

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
If you want to know the characters then you should play the first one. Elena and Sully are important characters in the game. Definately play the first one.

rblanshard

Superior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Dallas
I'll get on it tonight and play a bit more. Like I said, I've got a few other games, but I'll get back on U1 and see about knocking it out in the next week or two.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll rep where I can.

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
[QUOTE="rblanshard, post: 0]I'll get on it tonight and play a bit more. Like I said, I've got a few other games, but I'll get back on U1 and see about knocking it out in the next week or two.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll rep where I can.[/quote]

If you just want to know the game and story, and it still be fun but you can push through it quickly. Then I'd suggest tossing it on easy and scoot through quickly.

I did a quick refresher play through on easy the other day and it took me about 6-7hrs.

TAZ427

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
Recommended but not needed.

I actually finished the first Uncharted this past weekend so the story and characters are fresh in my mind so while playing the second one, i'll have a better idea who does what in relation to the first game.

And on top of all that, Uncharted : Drakes Fortune is a very good game !

[velocity]

Master Poster
Dec 1, 2006
Yes, play it! It's one helluva' experience, a great single-player campaign. You'll learn to know the characters, backstory and gameplay, which will make playing Uncharted 2 much more interesting and fun!

Jul 31, 2007
[QUOTE="TAZ427, post: 4650359]It's not required, but it's a good idea. You gain money for the Multiplayer gaming if you have a game save from Uncharted, the amount depends on what you've done ($20K for install, $80K for completing - not sure what else, but it's be implied there are other amounts - need verification on that though.)

TAZ427[/quote]

i platinum'd the first one and got 100k total to spend on the store. that includes multiplayer stuff but also extras for the single player mode, bonus videos and artwork.

Kratos88

Apprentice
Jan 31, 2009
Well it's not required to play U1 first but damn what a game it is beat it 17 times and still been thinking about playing it but got U2 now that I just started playing and I can safely say it's better than 1 and that's saying a lot! everything in U2 is better and the online is also a nice addition

Ellezzdee

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2009
[QUOTE="neekerbeeker, post: 0]i platinum'd the first one and got 100k total to spend on the store. that includes multiplayer stuff but also extras for the single player mode, bonus videos and artwork.[/quote]

you dont have to get a platinum in U1 for that 100k bonus. i got it too but i havnt beat the first game on crushing mode yet.

anyways on topic: you don't have to play uncharted 1 first, but its highly recommend you do so. not only does it benefit the overall story and understanding oft he characters, but there are a lot of little inside jokes in the sequel that you wont understand without playing the first game first.