Do you consider yourselves Liberal or Conservative?

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
Just some of the reasons why I'd never vote Liberal.

* you believe government should require people to volunteer.

* A president on his knees praying scares you to death but an intern on her knees giving oral sex to the president is no big deal.

* you believe Republicans want to starve kids and kill old people,
but you support assisted suicide and "a woman's right to choose".

* you want politicians to "feel your pain".

* you believe the purpose of the war in Kosovo was necessary to stop "ethnic cleansing", but that no action was necessary to stop the genocide being perpetrated in Rwanda.

* you are completely unconcerned about evidence the president sold or gave our most valuable military secrets and technology to the Communist Chinese, but you are outraged that banks charge you $1.50 to use their ATM.

* you are completely unconcerned about probable espionage at Los Alamos, but you are outraged at the prospect of Rush Limbaugh hosting Monday Night Football.

Taxes

* you believe that a 40% tax rate is too low
but a $1.50 ATM fee is outrageously high.

* you believe the "rich" don't pay "their fair share".
(even though the top 1% of wage earners pay 30% of all income taxes!)

* you believe businesses pay taxes, although not nearly enough.

* you believe people who don't pay income taxes
should get an "earned income tax credit."

* you are outraged at the prospect of cutting taxes for a particular group on the basis of fairness, but you have no problem singling out a group for higher taxes on the basis of fairness.

Race

* you believe giving any group of people preferential treatment is racist,
but you support programs such as "Affirmative Action", which give groups of people preferential treatment.

* you believe conservatives are racists but that blacks can't make it in society without help from whites.

* you believe that standardized tests are racist,
but racial quotas and set-asides aren't.

* you use the words racism or racist frequently
however, you cannot define them.

The Media

* you believe ABC, CBS, NBC and especially CNN, are fair and balanced in their reporting but you believe Rush Limbaugh is a racist, bigoted, homophobe.

* you believe the free market that gives us 500+ channels can't deliver the quality that PBS does.

Sex and Abortion

* you believe a child must have parental permission to have their body pierced, but NOT to have an abortion.

* you believe the AIDS virus is spread because of a lack of funding.

* you are outraged by the number of stray pets killed in animal shelters and believe pet adoption is a much better alternative, but you believe abortion is necessary to prevent unwanted children from being brought into the world.

* you are against capital punishment but support abortion on demand...
in short, you support protecting the guilty and killing the innocent.

* you believe you can stop kids from smoking cigarettes by getting rid of "Joe Camel", but you can't stop them from having sex, so you give them a condom.

* you believe that the same public school teachers who can't teach your children how to read by the 3rd grade are somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.

Gun Control

* you believe gun control will keep criminals from getting guns.

* you believe more gun laws will stop criminals from getting guns.
(even though there are over 20,000 gun laws on the books now)

* you believe law abiding citizens should not be able to buy handguns,
but you support giving convicted felons the right to vote.

* you are a Hollywood celebrity who believes only the police and the military should have guns -- and your personal bodyguard, of course.

* you believe the NRA is bad, because they stand up for certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because they stand up for certain parts of the Constitution.

* you believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat than nuclear weapons in the hands of the Communist Chinese.

Culture

* you believe the purpose of the "war on tobacco" is to stop people from smoking.

* you want to stop people from smoking because it's bad for their health,
but you support giving free hypodermic needles to drug addicts because
it's better for their health.

* you believe that Harriet Tubman, Cesar Chavez and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, General Robert E. Lee or Thomas Edison.

* you believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical, documented changes in the brilliance of the Sun, and more affected by yuppies driving SUVs.

* you believe that having self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.

* you believe that gender roles are artificial but being gay is natural.

* when expressing an opinion you say, "I feel ", instead of, "I think".

This, (in my opinion) best describes why people (like myself) never vote Liberal/Democrat.

However, there are two sides to every coin, so I'm curious what it is about Conservatives/Rupublicans that Liberals don't like.....

Feel free to agree or disagree with the list of observations made above...

Nov 22, 2005
I am a very proud Democrat, and all I can say is, is that the Republican party is truely going into the wrong direction, in my opinion, a lot of people that follow Bush and everything he does has really no sense of freedom or independence, but that's me.

Cera

Forum Guru
Jan 16, 2006
Hm, I consider myself liberal, but I don't really fit many of the descriptions you've listed. And I've never given much thought about what I think of taxes and tax situations either because we don't really have taxes here- there's definitely no imcome tax here. Actually, a lot of the list doesn't apply to me.

But this is the first I'm I've heard of liberals being described as people who think people need parental permission to have tattoos and that gun control stops criminals from getting guns. I'm also extremely shocked that liberals where you are would support affirmative action o_O Political descriptions are different everywhere I guess.

May 29, 2005
I won't vote for the Liberal Party of Canada for many reasons but I will vote Conservative for Canada. It's a weird thing since I don't like the Republican Party of America since it's in line with Conservative.

Sep 29, 2005
Conservative all the way. I listen to liberals and they sound exactly like terrorists these days. Calling Bush Hitler and asking for his impeachment and saying the US reopened the rape rooms and torture chambers in Iraq and calling our armed forces invaders and conquerors and crap like that. Could never respect liberals enough to ever vote for one.

Sep 29, 2005
So you see no difference in torturing and raping innocent civilians compared to " torturing " ( dont know how anything done has been torture ) terrorists who will blow themselves up just to kill anyone around?

Kind of a pointless thing to feel sorry for terrorists being tortured. If we didn't capture them they would have blown themselves up anyway.

udontneed2know said:
So you see no difference in torturing and raping innocent civilians compared to " torturing " ( dont know how anything done has been torture ) terrorists who will blow themselves up just to kill anyone around?

Kind of a pointless thing to feel sorry for terrorists being tortured. If we didn't capture them they would have blown themselves up anyway.
If you ask me, nuke the whole middle east.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
ShinMaruku said:
udontneed2know said:

Yes...nuke innocent people. That's just dandy. :?

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
ShinMaruku said:
My idea might come off as a bit ruthless, but if it was up to them they'd have no less for here. Some people over there are just so ignorant...
Some people are ignorant so bomb everyone? There are ignorant people everywhere.

Cera

Forum Guru
Jan 16, 2006
ShinMaruku said:
My idea might come off as a bit ruthless, but if it was up to them they'd have no less for here. Some people over there are just so ignorant...
I find it ironic that you're stereotyping an entire region based on "some people" being ignorant when the country you live in is stereotyped as the most ignorant one in the world right now. :roll:

You'd think that the people who get stereotyped as being ignorant the most would try not to do it to others.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
So we didnt learn anything from Hiroshima? Kill innocents?

Im sorry, i didnt know you were talking about innocents. But anyways, even if they are terrorist they should not be tortured, they have rights as prisioners.

If they have to bomb something, bomb the White house and problem fix :D

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Ugh...that was a nightmarish time, indeed.

If they have to bomb something, bomb the White house and problem fix
Yes...bring the country into chaos...that'll solve everything...

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
PeanutButterMunky said:
Ugh...that was a nightmarish time, indeed.

If they have to bomb something, bomb the White house and problem fix
Yes...bring the country into chaos...that'll solve everything...
Hey...if somebody has to die let it be the president. He is not doing anything anyways. Maybe we should stick to the Monroe Doctrine and live in peace, for once let the UN do something (oh wait..the UN is the US :? )

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
We all have differing opinions. But removing the president and nuking the White House are two entirely different things, Trinity.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
PeanutButterMunky said:
We all have differing opinions. But removing the president and nuking the White House are two entirely different things, Trinity.
I never say nuking, the radiation would affect me. But you know shit happens :twisted:

Anyways, the next president will be the same crap with different smell. We need a change...a world extermination.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Trinity said:
PeanutButterMunky said:
I never say nuking, the radiation would affect me. But you know *expletive deleted* happens :twisted:

Anyways, the next president will be the same crap with different smell. We need a change...a world extermination.
Maybe we're on the verge of WWIII.

Cera said:
ShinMaruku said:
I find it ironic that you're stereotyping an entire region based on "some people" being ignorant when the country you live in is stereotyped as the most ignorant one in the world right now. :roll:

You'd think that the people who get stereotyped as being ignorant the most would try not to do it to others.
I knew people would come after me with that statement, I should have added that "all places are ignornat" But really, in a place where they'd kill you for swtiching your RELIGION? Women are property?, A small little jab to Mohammad resutling in "Death to Europe!' Come on now, Sure the US is run by some fools, but a bunch of people going about killing people for little differences? They need to get the **** out of the middle ages.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
ShinMaruku said:
I knew people would come after me with that statement, I should have added that "all places are ignornat" But really, in a place where they'd kill you for swtiching your RELIGION? Women are property?, A small little jab to Mohammad resutling in "Death to Europe!' Come on now, Sure the US is run by some fools, but a bunch of people going about killing people for little differences? I'd seriously watch such people.
You can point fingers all day long, but there is ignorance everywhere. It is inescapable.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
PeanutButterMunky said:
Trinity said:
PeanutButterMunky said:
I never say nuking, the radiation would affect me. But you know *expletive deleted* happens :twisted:

If that would create a better future for future generation, im willing to do it. Seriously its time for change. Thousands of years of slavery, pain, poverty.

A new beginning...

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Trinity said:
PeanutButterMunky said:
Trinity said:
PeanutButterMunky said:

If that would create a better future for future generation, im willing to do it. Seriously its time for change. Thousands of years of slavery, pain, poverty.

A new beginning...
Are you suffering right now?

Cera

Forum Guru
Jan 16, 2006
ShinMaruku said:
Cera said:
ShinMaruku said:

I knew people would come after me with that statement, I should have added that "all places are ignornat" But really, in a place where they'd kill you for swtiching your RELIGION? Women are property?, A small little jab to Mohammad resutling in "Death to Europe!' Come on now, Sure the US is run by some fools, but a bunch of people going about killing people for little differences? They need to get the **** out of the middle ages.
No idea where you get your info from, but the Middle East is not as you claim. It's pretty ignorant of you to stereotype a small amount of people and use them to represent an entire region.